Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Probably old news to most at this stage. I start playing again on Android after I read the news :)

Should be fun on Xbox:
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/827581171265654784

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm downloading Star Wars Battlefront from EA Access

At current speeds, I reckon I should be good to go by 2019.

It's there! Just had a street party to celebrate. It's good fun, severely lacking for those of us who can't play online, but still worth the time.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's there! Just had a street party to celebrate. It's good fun, severely lacking for those of us who can't play online, but still worth the time.

Is there any single player content at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If you mean a campaign then no, it's all death match type, capture the flag, you can play online or against the AI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If you mean a campaign then no, it's all death match type, capture the flag, you can play online or against the AI

Yeah, that's it, still fun flying an x wing!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Yeah, that's it, still fun flying an x wing!

Just got a one S (haven't even unboxed it yet!!) and as an avid star wars fan all my life, i'd love Battlefront. No intention of being an online gamer so single play only. I read some stuff about Battlefront skirmish as being an update aimed at offline playing....anyone know what this is about? If I bought battle front (I don't think I can get EA access where I am in the ME unfortunately), would I have to download a specific update or something?

This is my own opinion, as a Star Wars fan, movie and past games, I was let down by Battlefront and do not like it.
    You can play skirmish with bots or you can play online, there isnt a story mode to it. I found it a bit repetitive.
    I purchased EA Access from Russia and use it here in Ireland, no problem with the purchase.
    I am not sure if you can play offline since I've never tried it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

This is my own opinion, as a Star Wars fan, movie and past games, I was let down by Battlefront and do not like it.
    You can play skirmish with bots or you can play online, there isnt a story mode to it. I found it a bit repetitive.
    I purchased EA Access from Russia and use it here in Ireland, no problem with the purchase.
    I am not sure if you can play offline since I've never tried it though.

THanks for the reply! I see you purchased EA access from Russia and use it in Ireland. Would you mind explaining how that works. Problem I have, as I posted in another thread, is that there doesn't seem to be EA access in the country i'm in for the next couple of years. Is there a "simple" work around? I wouldn't have a clue how to mess around with proxys and all this kind of thing to make the xbox think its somewhere else. Am I goosed? Saudi and UAE which are right beside me here, do have access but strangely not Bahrain......

Sent you a PM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ugh. Just suffered through a week without internet access. Mad how dependent our lives are on access.

Have been meddling with the first level in Hitman while it was down, am loving it. I've enjoyed a few of the previous games in the series, but I've also been left totally cold by others, so it's great to enjoy one again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm. Very interesting. It was announced at the Windows Developer Day that Kodi is coming to Xbox One as a UWP App.

Neowin has more here.

Funny how it's come full circle from the XBMC days, starting out as a dodgy program for chipped Xboxs, and is not just known as one of the premier media players, but is also something that Microsoft wants on their Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazing. I have my android box running on the HDMI pass through but this will be so much better.

• Kodi on X1
    Yes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hmmm. Very interesting. It was announced at the Windows Developer Day that Kodi is coming to Xbox One as a UWP App.

Neowin has more here.

Funny how it's come full circle from the XBMC days, starting out as a dodgy program for chipped Xboxs, and is not just known as one of the premier media players, but is also something that Microsoft wants on their Xbox.

Great news. Let's hope they don't do something silly like ban add-ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

maximoose wrote: »
    Amazing. I have my android box running on the HDMI pass through but this will be so much better.

Only discovered the possibility of connecting hdmi devices through the Xbox hdmi passthrough recently. What's the advantage of having the android box connected through the passthrough on the Xbox (apologies if stupid question)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

There's no massive advantage, as the oneguide doesn't have any functionality or integration with it.

For me it's that my TV only has 2 poxy HDMI ports, so it solves that - and "Xbox, go to TV" works. Snapping a football stream while playing a game was nice but that's gone for the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I've a funny one maybe someone could help settle my curiosity with.

I lent a guy in work my copy of GoW UE

He recently upgraded from XB360 to XB1. Played all the previous Gears on the 360.

After installing the game from disc, he's able to play it without the disc.

He's returned the game to me, and it's still working for him on his XB1.

Anyone got any ideas?

This doesn't effect me in any way, I'm just really curious :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

be delighted if this worked out. ditching sky at the moment, have an enigma2 box up and running smoothly now(not liket eh issues i had with an amiko alien a couple of years back). and the built in support for enigma2 in kodi would be superuseful, already spent the last couple of nights getting my little android box and my raspberry pi talking to the enigma box, having the xbox horsepower doing the task would be ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

maximoose wrote: »
    There's no massive advantage, as the oneguide doesn't have any functionality or integration with it.

For me it's that my TV only has 2 poxy HDMI ports, so it solves that - and "Xbox, go to TV" works. Snapping a football stream while playing a game was nice but that's gone for the meantime.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057694898

That's a thread I started in the Home Automation forum.

Basically the relevant part for you would be the Portta HDMI Matrix. I only have 2 HDMI Ports in my TV too, this matrix (€35) gives you the ability to put 4 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs (to 2 TV's or a TV and a Projector) and still have a spare HDMI slot on your TV.

It's a nice enough piece of kit.

Grand Theft Auto IV is BC now.

• Advertisement

Grand Theft Auto IV is BC now.

Cousin, let's go bowling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

*shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I met a girl a few years back when it was a new game and I brought up how annoying it was when playing to get calls to hang out and go bowling etc... and she said that was the best part. :confused:

I found it so annoying while trying to play the game and get those calls. I doubt she ever made it past the beginning of the game.

GTA: Episodes from Liberty City has been rated for Xbox ONE now too.

Episodes was confirmed BC in an email I got from Rockstar Propaganda earlier advertising it.

Probably the last GTA I'd want to play again really. Not that it was terrible but just that it wasn't all that great. Give me a 1080p genuine remaster of 3 or vice city and I'd buy them both twice!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I've had GTA IV sitting in my digital library gathering dust for about three years now - looking forward to finally having a crack at it. The BC initiative is really getting into its stride since last year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I loved playing The Lost and Damned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I've a funny one maybe someone could help settle my curiosity with.

I lent a guy in work my copy of GoW UE

He recently upgraded from XB360 to XB1. Played all the previous Gears on the 360.

After installing the game from disc, he's able to play it without the disc.

He's returned the game to me, and it's still working for him on his XB1.

Anyone got any ideas?

This doesn't effect me in any way, I'm just really curious :confused:
    If he owned them digitally on the the 360 they are compatible with the one. You saved him having to download them from the net. I'm pretty sure most GoW were games with gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Not sure if he owned the first three digitally or not, I just threw that in for sake of completion.

He didn't own the own GoW Ultimate Edition in any form, yet after me lending it to him, he can now play it without the disc. That's what I don't get....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Not sure if he owned the first three digitally or not, I just threw that in for sake of completion.

He didn't own the own GoW Ultimate Edition in any form, yet after me lending it to him, he can now play it without the disc. That's what I don't get....

I don't get it either. Lets just say he got lucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement