Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They'll hardly roll that out for 360 too will they? Annoying that it doesn't play mkv's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They'll hardly roll that out for 360 too will they? Annoying that it doesn't play mkv's.

I doubt it somehow. They would have done it years ago if they wanted it on 360 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

calex71 wrote: »
    Video playback has been spot on for any files I've tried so far, others I know mentioned crashes or stuttering, I didn't experience that myself.

Since the One has a blu ray drive they've had to include cinavia drm, so ripped/cam media with cinavia will either stop playing or run without sound.

If you get either of those or get a specific error relating to the media then know it's not the player or the console, it's your video that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Mickeroo wrote: »

Can't see it bud, not at this stage in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads if I want to purchase a digital download key for Ghosts from Cdkeys and I change my region to the uk do i need to add a uk address to my Xbox account to get it to work?

• Advertisement

Lads if I want to purchase a digital download key for Ghosts from Cdkeys and I change my region to the uk do i need to add a uk address to my Xbox account to get it to work?

To redeem a key you shouldn't have to. You should also be able to redeem it with your locale set to Ireland and then switch over to the UK. Or any country for that matter.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    To redeem a key you shouldn't have to. You should also be able to redeem it with your locale set to Ireland and then switch over to the UK. Or any country for that matter.

Thanks it worked fine, not a bad deal for ghosts it's about £20.10 approx after you like their page on Facebook you get an extra 5% and when I kicked off the download it's actually the Gold version which includes the first mappack free!

Thanks it worked fine, not a bad deal for ghosts it's about £20.10 approx after you like their page on Facebook you get an extra 5% and when I kicked off the download it's actually the Gold version which includes the first mappack free!

I believe that can be used for both the ONE and the 360? So could you now give that code or the 360 code, not sure how it works to a friend with a 360 and let them get cod ghosts too or is it linked to the one gamertag?

I believe that can be used for both the ONE and the 360? So could you now give that code or the 360 code, not sure how it works to a friend with a 360 and let them get cod ghosts too or is it linked to the one gamertag?

Well I redeemed it via PC on my Xbox.com account, think it's tied to my gamer tag, so that person would have to have my account on their 360. Going to check my 360 in the bedroom to see if it's there to download for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

For basic and on a need only basis, does the xbox one require a lot of download space? Only have a 15gb limit and it's the main thing putting me off buying one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

anyone else getting high packet loss?

can't connect to anything
    ran the test on the xbox, seems I am getting mad high levels of packet loss and my dl and ul is very very low on it as well, like 0.23 and 0.21

On a 100mb package, my pc doesnt seem to be affected by this though, everything is working fine on it
    my ports are open, firewall is off, tried turning off the router for 30 seconds
    nothing is working
    it was grand last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TheGunns wrote: »
    For basic and on a need only basis, does the xbox one require a lot of download space? Only have a 15gb limit and it's the main thing putting me off buying one

For online gaming it'll use very little, however certain games have massive patch sizes, but that's the same no matter what platform you play on on, even pc.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to setting up game sharing? I'm trying to do it with a friend but it keeps signing me out.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to setting up game sharing? I'm trying to do it with a friend but it keeps signing me out.

Quick google, try this: http://winsupersite.com/xbox/xbox-one-game-sharing

Good man, I had the home Xbox setup the wrong way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Quick Fifa 14 question:

I'm in career mode, chose Arsenal as my team and setup my own player. I played the first 2 matches, my created player didn't perform well, the manager tried to get rid of him (which I rejected). Now I'm not picked for any games and I'm not able to physically play the games at all. My only option is 'Sim Match'. How do I play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Curious to see if anyone has this problem. Yesterday I went to turn on the console to play a few games online, console asks me for the wireless code even though I never reset the console or anything. That's fine, put it in and could log on. Didn't bother playing online last night, ended up using Netflix which is running fine.
    Now today when I went to log into battlefield or titanfall, every game I go into lags! Constant stuttering. I've reset the console and router so many times today, I'm nearly gone out if my mind from it. I'm running on a wireless connection but tried wired which seems fine. The problem is that the console is no more than 10 feet from the router and I've never experienced this before, I'm on fibre broadband with eircom.
    Is there a possibility that the consoles wireless reciever is somehow fried or do I need to portforward? I've never had to do it before so I can't understand why it's doing this now!

Sorry for the big spiel BTW! :(

madcabbage wrote: »
    Curious to see if anyone has this problem. Yesterday I went to turn on the console to play a few games online, console asks me for the wireless code even though I never reset the console or anything. That's fine, put it in and could log on. Didn't bother playing online last night, ended up using Netflix which is running fine.
    Now today when I went to log into battlefield or titanfall, every game I go into lags! Constant stuttering. I've reset the console and router so many times today, I'm nearly gone out if my mind from it. I'm running on a wireless connection but tried wired which seems fine. The problem is that the console is no more than 10 feet from the router and I've never experienced this before, I'm on fibre broadband with eircom.
    Is there a possibility that the consoles wireless reciever is somehow fried or do I need to portforward? I've never had to do it before so I can't understand why it's doing this now!

In the network test, what's it saying under NAT?
    Also, how many other devices are connected to the WiFi, and what are they doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Are you in the preview program for the dashboards? Couple of us were noticing major issues with online play over in that thread, go to Settings, Network, Details network statistics and see what it says for latency, mine is over 500ms, normal for this test is arounf 100-150ms.

Also today I notice when I boot up it's like my One is off line as in nothing to the left or right of the dash loads, but if i click on friends and go back it's there as if it's taking longer than normal to connect to live services.

Edit: Actually you have titanfall which actually shows the ping to the game servers , what are you getting there can I ask?

Whats weird in my case is , a speed test using a HTML5 tester and IE on the one shows pings in normal ranges and all other devices on the netwrok test fast as in 5-9ms which makes me belive it is something on Microsofts end.

Edit: Edit: So if you can check the ping in titanfall against a speed test run from the Ones web browser at www.speedof.me

Someone just pointed out a post in the other thread to to
    Originally Posted by terryduff12 View Post
    Found fix on the preview dashboard go to announcements know issues and it says go to settings, preferences and toggle allow to play to stream under system & app. I clicked it off and back to normal speeds

That just fixed my issues and I'm lag free now. Maybe it will help you too.

Ya I am under the dashboard preview scheme. I'll give that a try and let ye know. Ya I'm experiencing the same latency stats, well over 500ms on the console yet I do a speed test on the pc and it's down at 16ms and normal speeds! I usually get 40-50M upload and 20M down. No packet loss either.

• Advertisement

In the network test, what's it saying under NAT?
    Also, how many other devices are connected to the WiFi, and what are they doing?

My NAT is fine, open as always. There's a good few devices that connect to the router but I'm certain the console is the problem. All the other devices seem to be running just fine.

oh thank god, I thought it was just me

only got my new internet their 2 weeks ago
    and was like wadafuqq is going on :L

getting 500ms speeds constantly, normally getting 160 from their test,
    restarting my router all day, nothing changed, internet on pc working fine,
    seems to be working fine now, no lag at all, very strange :/ regret signing up for anything now :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    oh thank god, I thought it was just me

only got my new internet their 2 weeks ago
    and was like wadafuqq is going on :L

getting 500ms speeds constantly, normally getting 160 from their test,
    restarting my router all day, nothing changed, internet on pc working fine,
    seems to be working fine now, no lag at all, very strange :/ regret signing up for anything now :L

:D

I've tried that quick fix you suggested and no joy! Ah FFS!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ditto my beta has my xbox feck! 360 working great on the same network. Last night I goton at one stage, did a test 128kb dl! I have 120 meg bb Ffs. Just got back on after resetting all, including setting up wifi again and my dl is 1.2 meg! And I still have to send an invite to a guy that asked on boards, feel like a fool atm

Lads there is another update just released, go into system and manually kick it off, maybe it will address your network issues!

Dont bother restarting your router lads its not your connection its something on ms end.

Was playing Ghosts single player campaign last night and just about finished a level when it looks like it crashed and I went back to the dashboard, when I restarted it had kicked me back to the start of the level, just wondering is this an issue with the console or the game? I googled it and seen some gamers having similar issues with FIFA 14. Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I have had several App's (WWE Network mainly) crash on me and take me to the home screen. Sadly, there is no auto resume either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Ive got saved game clips on my smart glass app. Where are they on my Xbox One?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement