Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm very interested!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

oh you only get them for a month? Thought it would be more like EA access with a constant catalogue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    oh you only get them for a month? Thought it would be more like EA access with a constant catalogue.

No, I meant there's a free trail for testers for a month. There's only 21 games so far, presume there'll be more by end/release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sniper Samurai was way ahead of me and set up a new thread for this Xbox Game Pass thingy. I'll leave these posts here, so the new thread isn't all messed up from the get go, but from now on, all posts relating to the Xbox Game Pass should go in that thread

Went with one of those in the end , very easy to cut to size and stick on. It even has an on off switch on the cable. Very confortable to play / watch in a darkened room with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Went with one of those in the end , very easy to cut to size and stick on. It even has an on off switch on the cable. Very confortable to play / watch in a darkened room with.

Looks good, could you take a pic with a different colour setting - purple or greenish?

Looks good, could you take a pic with a different colour setting - purple or greenish?

I had to go for a single colour version as they wouldn't ship one here for some reason even to PM etc.

I got a Vansky one, but I've no need of the other colours really as it's for bias lighting on that particular screen. but now I've got some left over leds I've a mind to do some messing with them on raspberry pi board and see what I can get out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

On the topic of LED's, I realised mine had a 'Rave' setting earlier :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I was on amazon ordering some birthday gifts and thought I would get one if the above myself, sure it was only £5.99 and it's got different colors with a remote to change them.
    Can't remember who I got it from but they delivered to Ireland, should hopefully have it by the end of the week

I was on amazon ordering some birthday gifts and thought I would get one if the above myself, sure it was only £5.99 and it's got different colors with a remote to change them.
    Can't remember who I got it from but they delivered to Ireland, should hopefully have it by the end of the week

Oh herself scoffed at me when i mentioned these and now scoffing a hat and prepping to find moreleds :D

• Advertisement

Microsoft announced today at the Game Developers Conference they will begin shipping mixed reality developer edition headsets later this month.
    The specifications for the Acer Windows Mixed Reality Development Edition headset include:

Two high-resolution liquid crystal displays at 1440 x 1440
    Display refresh rate up to 90 Hz (native)
    Built-in audio out and microphone support through 3.5mm jack
    Single cable with HDMI 2.0 (display) and USB 3.0 (data) for connectivity

MEG81lj.jpg?1
    We're also excited to share that Windows Mixed Reality experiences will light up on other devices over time, beyond desktop and Microsoft Hololens. Our plan is to bring mixed reality content to the Xbox One family of devices, including Project Scorpio, in 2018.

Sauce

So just a little bit fancier than my google cardboard headset that cuts the nose of me :pac:

So just a little bit fancier than my google cardboard headset that cuts the nose of me :pac:

I started off with one of those :p

Then got a fancier plastic Fiit-VR one, then recently upgraded to "Oculus" Gear VR. Minecraft on that thing with the Xbox controller is mental :pac:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I started off with one of those :p

Then got a fancier plastic Fiit-VR one, then recently upgraded to "Oculus" Gear VR. Minecraft on that thing with the Xbox controller is mental :pac:

Good Mental, or puke your guts up Mental?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Good Mental, or puke your guts up Mental?

Good mental, it's like you're in the World, slapping that square pig around with a wooden pickaxe. But I would imagine people who suffer from motion sickness wouldn't overly enjoy it :D

"I found this summary of all the interesting things Phil Spencer said during the IGN Podcast. Some good information:"
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349118

- Gamepass in the works for 2/3 years. Handfull of games will go out every month. Not much. Cant control 3rd party offcourse. But doesnt want to feel like a trial of the game

- E3 change to Sunday was because to give the news coming out of it more room to breath.

- Pre E3 Scorpio reveal. No plans set in stone yet. But difficult to put everything into the show and the show is more about games then hardware.

- System on chip of Scorpio they got back last October. Ported over Xbox One platform in November and start giving first party teams alpha versions. Scorpio will look "premium" but will be part of the "family" looks wise.

- Devs can do what they want with Scorpio graphics wise. Liked how Horizon Zero Dawn used the extra power of Pro for 1080 screens.

- VR is still a area of inovation and growth. Still thinks Windows is the right place for it atm. Still wants to VR on console (more when then if) but first wants alot of devs have hands on with VR first and PC is better for that to find out how to make it perfect.

- No plans for a handheld really. Thinks mobiles are a good platform for that also. But never say never.

- Talks about why he says "premium" for Scorpio. Most people will still buy a S but Scorpio is for the Premium customer. People who know what a teraflop is and 4K. Calls it Premium so that people know its not gonna take over the Xbox One line.

-People have a right to voice their concern about first party woes lately. Since he took the job over he wants to "Unfair word. But rework the first party abit" and wants back to the core first. They are at this moment and gonna build from that more. Still think the first party games that are coming this year are great "PR head" he says haha.

-Learned from announcing games to soon. Depends on the game also. Sea of Thieves needed to be announced earlier because of how the game works and needed player feedback on it and will grow over time like a Minecraft game. Intrested in game like Shadow of War where they announce the game and its out couple of months later. But just depends of what kinda game it is.

- No deal with Remedy atm.

- Release date for Voodoo Vince will be announced next week.

Full IGN Phil Spencer interview here:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

"
    - E3 change to Sunday was because to give the news coming out of it more room to breath.

-People have a right to voice their concern about first party woes lately. Since he took the job over he wants to "Unfair word. But rework the first party abit" and wants back to the core first. They are at this moment and gonna build from that more. Still think the first party games that are coming this year are great "PR head" he says haha.

interesting room to breath some big announcements so?

lots of first party maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Full IGN Phil Spencer interview here:

In Phil we trust.

Also, those IGN guys are beyond annoying.

Every thing I'm reading about Scorpio is making me more hyped for E3.

Also, IGN are beyond annoying.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Every thing I'm reading about Scorpio is making me more hyped for E3.

Also, IGN are beyond annoying.

GPMubV9.png

So after 10 years on Xbox I joined the dark side tonight and bought a PS4 thanks to that thread on Bargain Alerts.

I just can't sit by and watch quality AAA games pass me by anymore. PS4 will be a secondary console for it's exclusives but MS need to do something if someone who games the way I do buys a second console to fill the AAA gap.

So far my thoughts are that as much as I hat eh Xbox store PS4 is way worse but they have spotify and their equivalent of the current guide that xbox preview members get is better in terms of what you can access on it.

So anyway Horizon: Zero Dawn , my jaw hit the floor when I saw how good it looked and played. it is easily the best looking game I played this gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

So after 10 years on Xbox I joined the dark side tonight and bought a PS4 thanks to that thread on Bargain Alerts.

I just can't sit by and watch quality AAA games pass me by anymore. PS4 will be a secondary console for it's exclusives but MS need to do something if someone who games the way I do buys a second console to fill the AAA gap.

So far my thoughts are that as much as I hat eh Xbox store PS4 is way worse but they have spotify and their equivalent of the current guide that xbox preview members get is better in terms of what you can access on it.

So anyway Horizon: Zero Dawn , my jaw hit the floor when I saw how good it looked and played. it is easily the best looking game I played this gen.

Got a PS4 myself at Christmas for exclusives and option files for Pro Evo. I needed a shower afterwards but glad I went for it.

Edit: The controller is still complete sh1te though.

GOOD-JOB-NOW-GET-OUT-meme-51362.jpg

lol, only messing. I picked up a ps4 last year in the argos deals, but ended up selling it at christmas. Some great games out for it, but my backlog on xb1 is big enough, without collecting more games on another system. Also, xb1 is where my friends are, and I just dont really like the dualshock pad.

I'll miss horizon, bloodborne, and Nioh, but c'est la vie.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Got a PS4 myself at Christmas for exclusives and option files for Pro Evo. I needed a shower afterwards but glad I went for it.

Edit: The controller is still complete sh1te though.

Oh I've only had a few house with it and it's issues could have been fixed had they reversed the d pad with the L stick, it's terrible.
    GOOD-JOB-NOW-GET-OUT-meme-51362.jpg

lol, only messing. I picked up a ps4 last year in the argos deals, but ended up selling it at christmas. Some great games out for it, but my backlog on xb1 is big enough, without collecting more games on another system. Also, xb1 is where my friends are, and I just dont really like the dualshock pad.

I'll miss horizon, bloodborne, and Nioh, but c'est la vie.

Those are all on my list and around 10 others so I'll get my monies worth. My beef is Xbox aren't delivering games like that , like you thats where my friends are and I'll stay there but I genuinely feel like I had to buy a ps4 now to play games that interested me, I mean sea of thieves and crackdown 3 ? Those are not games I want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I have to say, I am a little disheartened at the moment with the lack of releases (that I'm interested in). Cuphead is the only thing I'm looking forward to.
    I am considering a PS4 as a backup.
    I'd love to give Bloodborne and Nioh a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

You guys just broke my heart :(

I have a massive backlog to get through, and as having a screaming kid hanging out of you for most of the day isn't conducive to playing, it's going to be a while before I get through everything.

I don't feel the dearth of games coming out as much as you guys, but I know it's there. The games coming out on PS4 are incredible, at least from the reviews, and no one can really point at the current release schedule and say that the Xbox one is equivalent to the PS4 one, because it's clearly not.

There are great exclusives on both consoles, but right now it feels like ages between epic exclusives on the Xbox, whereas the PS4 seems to get an epic game every few months. They might not be for everyone, but I'm very envious of their choice right now.

In saying all that, I won't get a PS4. Nothing to do with fanboyism or anything, but I just can't justify having two consoles in my head. The Nintendo switch, on the other hand, is something I could see myself getting. Well, at least when it drops in price....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm in the fortunate position, like I normally am, of coming to a console late, so have a massive selection of games I've never played to look forward to for months to come (when I actually get a game on it), additionally never had a 360 so that will keep me going nicely.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I'm in the fortunate position, like I normally am, of coming to a console late, so have a massive selection of games I've never played to look forward to for months to come (when I actually get a game on it), additionally never had a 360 so that will keep me going nicely.

Same as me, have not had a consol in 20 years. Have 4 kids so time is limited, get to play late at night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement