Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

erkifino wrote: »
    If Scorpio is still under wraps, is it possible it's more a PC/console hybrid? Play your PC games, play your One games. Marketplace becomes a rival for steam?

That's what im thinking too. They're definitely moving in that direction with play anywhere and the Xbox app. Whether it will launch like that or come later I think its inevitable.

Any developer working on Scorpio games will basically be developing a pc game, with a set configuration for Scorpio but it will be the same code base. It is a PC and we already know it will run full windows 10 (I think we do, or is that still a rumour?). If they are selling you a pc with windows 10 then they can hardly turn around and tell you you can't play your pc games. Either steam or windows store games it doesn't matter.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's bound to be a Microsoft exclusive if there is one. Surely there'll be something to announce for the Scorpio. Wracking my brain here to think what it might be. Damn you Failsafe!

I'd put money on Forza 7. I'll be disappointed if it is but I don't see them taking the risk of a new IP. It's got to be something tried and tested with an established fan base and guaranteed to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

qrx wrote: »
    That's what im thinking too. They're definitely moving in that direction with play anywhere and the Xbox app. Whether it will launch like that or come later I think its inevitable.

Any developer working on Scorpio games will basically be developing a pc game, with a set configuration for Scorpio but it will be the same code base. It is a PC and we already know it will run full windows 10 (I think we do, or is that still a rumour?). If they are selling you a pc with windows 10 then they can hardly turn around and tell you you can't play your pc games. Either steam or windows store games it doesn't matter.

pretty sure the one is running full blown win10 locked down with a custom ui
    the current consoles are basically pcs anyway

i'd be very surprised if steam games will be on it its a closed platform

dunworth1 wrote: »

True, but the Xbox doesn't function like a pc or windows. It uses virtual machines to separate app, game and os (Kinect) functions. Would the new "Game mode" in windows 10 negate the need for virtualisation? Ensuring games run at full power without other processes taking away necessary resources. This would give it more of a pc feel. I can fully see it being used with a mouse and keyboard for everyday tasks such as surfing the web and word processing, email etc. Obviously while still having gaming as its primary function.

http://m.windowscentral.com/game-mode-windows-10-will-power-xbox-one-project-scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I feel like all my console does is update now,

One of 530mb downloading now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It is. MS unified their codebase back when redstone was pushed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any of ye getting wildlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Gonna wait for a price drop, but would pick it up if it was going cheap anywhere at launch.

Must admit I loved the beta. but knee deep in too many games at the moment to justify a full price purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yes. I was going to wait for a price drop but I enjoyed the beta too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else not able too sign in? I entered the digit code and then it asked me for my password which it never does (also I've forgotten it:o) but it won't even let me change my password , its just a blank screen :confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone else not able too sign in? I entered the digit code and then it asked me for my password (which I've forgotten :o) but it won't even let me change my password , its just a blank screen :confused:.

Yes. Xbox core services are experiencing issues.

Guy probably just tripped on a plug at the data center again.

Edit: it's back for me now. Just signed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help on this

My ISP has a 20GB daily limit and when you reached this it throttled you until midnight, which was fine. Even throttled , I never had problems connecting to Xbox live to play my digital games.

However, in the last week, when you get close to the limit you are redirected to their home page continuously with a warning message. This has prevented my Xbox One connecting to Xbox live.

Does anyone know if its possible to stop the console being redirected also?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

amadablam wrote: »
    Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help on this

My ISP has a 20GB daily limit and when you reached this it throttled you until midnight, which was fine. Even throttled , I never had problems connecting to Xbox live to play my digital games.

However, in the last week, when you get close to the limit you are redirected to their home page continuously with a warning message. This has prevented my Xbox One connecting to Xbox live.

Does anyone know if its possible to stop the console being redirected also?

I'd doubt it. Contact the ISP, because that is some seriously anti-consumer BS.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sounds like you might have been hitting the cap more than they'd like so they limited you even further. Pretty lousy by them if that's the case.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds like you might have been hitting the cap more than they'd like so they limited you even further. Pretty lousy by them if that's the case.

yeah, I normally dont hit the cap to be honest and install games in pieces.

From reading elsewhere, its not just me, its a new tactic and its hitting all customers. I dont actaully mind throttling but even the message you are getting now on the webpage, tells you that your speed is being slowed down until midnight.

However, you just cant connect to Xbox live. its crazy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From reading elsewhere, its not just me, its a new tactic and its hitting all customers. I dont actaully mind throttling but even the message you are getting now on the webpage, tells you that your speed is being slowed down until midnight.

Yeah, sounds like they got too many complaints about people not realising they were hitting the cap, and don't realise that they're breaking other services with their "fix".

Any company that hijacks the internet like that invariably breaks something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Who is your ISP? I don't think I'd ever survive without fibre anymore.

Last weekend i downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Mortal Kombat X and Journey. All done in a few hours and i was slaying robot Dinosaurs in no time :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Who is your ISP? I don't think I'd ever survive without fibre anymore.

Last weekend i downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Collection, Mortal Kombat X and Journey. All done in a few hours and i was slaying robot Dinosaurs in no time :pac:

Im with Imagine as its the fastest service you can get where I am and even at that, its only in the last year.

ping is normally 20-25 and down speeds are never below 35 and average 45 for me (off peak is 80) so its a pretty good option where there is , no other real option.

Oh what I wouldnt give for fibre! :D

Spoke to tech support and I hadnt reached my limit and from their records I rarely exceed it and they apologized as apparently, this shouldnt be happening at all.

You are supposed to get a warning before being throttled until midnight reset, not being completely blocked and stuck in a redirect loop. I told him that effectively I cant access paid digital content on my devices as my devices cant communicate outwards to the servers they need to.

Will be interesting to see if its going to be resolved.:rolleyes:

A more efficient system would be to simply send a sms to the customers phone or an app you can measure usage in near real time, if they system can measure it then that data can be pushed to an app with easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Im with Imagine as its the fastest service you can get where I am and even at that, its only in the last year.

ping is normally 20-25 and down speeds are never below 35 and average 45 for me (off peak is 80) so its a pretty good option where there is , no other real option.

what speed do you get when your throttled?

• Advertisement

what speed do you get when your throttled?

A Paltry 1.5-2.5 meg but I have only had this happen once and it resets at 00:01am again.

any one notice an app in the store called XXXXXXXXXX :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: is all I'll say, no way it lasts long lol

Edit: I've removed the name of the app as it's likely against the rules even though it's there in the store on xbox but just go there and you'll see what raised my eyebrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've looked in the store on the website and I see nothing unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I found it, its on the App Store pat, at the bottom with the likes of Youtube.
    I tried it and it works, wonder how long it will stay up for

I just looked at the app store for the first time in a long time.

Whats with all the "free movies" type apps? Some of the screenshots have recent cinema releases.

I presume they're legal if Microsoft are allowing them on their Xbox app store?

I just looked at the app store for the first time in a long time.

Whats with all the "free movies" type apps? Some of the screenshots have recent cinema releases.

I presume they're legal if Microsoft are allowing them on their Xbox app store?

If it helps you sleep sure they are ;)

If it helps you sleep sure they are ;)

No but seriously how is Microsoft allowing them to show up on their app store?

No but seriously how is Microsoft allowing them to show up on their app store?

No idea , at least kodi and plex can say they just provide a platform they can't control the add ons. These are blatant. Though that said you could just as easy open edge on the xbox and point it the same sources plex and kodi add ones use as they are all web sites the add ons use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aye, no way is this legit. I'd imagine that like the multiple similar apps for Android they will be banned from the store soon. I don't know if like the Android ones they'll still work though.

• Advertisement

Meant to put this up when I saw it, but it slipped my mind.

Street Fighter 4, Luxor 2, Madballs Babo:Invasion, and poker smash have all gone BC

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/842405290540707840

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement