Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

I forgot it was the ultra edition of SF I got on gwg a while back.

I was wondering why this wasn't in my ready to install list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

As Facebook reminded me; one year ago today!

Happy anniversary babe xxx

2z6atuf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    As Facebook reminded me; one year ago today!

Happy anniversary babe xxx

2z6atuf.jpg

What happened to your legs? I just see two feet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote:
    What happened to your legs? I just see two feet

Ha ha ha, a timeless classic!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Roooooooooolling staaaaaaaaaaaart!

Daytona USA, Stacking, and Tower Bloxx are going BC.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/844217195253153796

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A new series of controllers is coming out, I think the first one looks great. That's a laser etched grip on the front. Not enough to make me give up my elite, but still.

https://twitter.com/AceyBongos/status/844220861632724992

Probably still has the same build quality though, so if you're breaking your controllers, this probably won't stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cant sign into XBL today, seems to be another DDOS attack, getting 0x87DD0004. Can't even sign in online either.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Bohrio wrote: »
    Cant sign into XBL today, seems to be another DDOS attack, getting 0x87DD0004. Can't even sign in online either.

link

Me too.

Same error message.

Bloody russians

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, buggered here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey Mick, good to see you again

So lads just fyi

Its down at the moment, nobody has confirmed whats the root cause, but if you want to keep an eye on things here are the two main links

Xbox Status

Xbox Support Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I found it, its on the App Store pat, at the bottom with the likes of Youtube.
    I tried it and it works, wonder how long it will stay up for

I feel like i missed something here......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I'm back online there so hopefully all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I feel like i missed something here......

A Certain movie app which still hasnt been taken down by Microsoft, there is actually 2 other apps in the store that do the same thing and they are still there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

How's things!

Just a question on the Xbox one s. Does it matter what size the hd is if I'm mostly using the console to stream skygo?

Would the 500gb be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Tilikum wrote: »
    How's things!

Just a question on the Xbox one s. Does it matter what size the hd is if I'm mostly using the console to stream skygo?

Would the 500gb be enough?

It doesn't cache that much dates. You'll be good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Anyone know the best\cheapest way to subscribe to Groove? My 4 month trial is ending soon.

Irish website only seems to offer a monthly subscription at €10 per month. Best I can find is the 12 month digital pass which is $100, but if I buy that from the US store will have to set my region to US or will it work ok in Ireland?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else have the problem of gaining achievements but no notification appears on screen despite notification s being turned on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Anyone else have the problem of gaining achievements but no notification appears on screen despite notification s being turned on ?

Yep, seems like its been as issue for me a fair bit recently.

I'll often have my phone on the desk beside me and i'll see an achievement notification pop up from the Xbox app immediately, but nothing from the xbox itself.

I have the opposite problem, the achievement pops on the Xbox, then I hear it pop on the phone, laptop and PC all at once.

Not as bad as getting a Skype call though! A Skype call echoes through my house for about an hour afterwards.

I've only ever had it while on the beta dash, and it's really annoying if you are actively working towards one and keep having to check the guide. Actually 99% of the time they will pop on my pc before I get the notification on my xbox.

• Advertisement

Darksiders 1 and 2 and AC: Revelations have gone BC.

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/845206602210783234

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yep, seems like its been as issue for me a fair bit recently.

I'll often have my phone on the desk beside me and i'll see an achievement notification pop up from the Xbox app immediately, but nothing from the xbox itself.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem, the achievement pops on the Xbox, then I hear it pop on the phone, laptop and PC all at once.

What app do ye have on the phone too hear it?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What app do ye have on the phone too hear it?

Xbox Beta it's called on Android, presumably it's the same on IoS

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

On IOS i don't think they refer to it as a Beta app, been around for a long time.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Xbox Beta it's called on Android, presumably it's the same on IoS

Yeah I use the "Xbox Beta" app, but there is also the normal "Xbox" app. I've never had a problem with the Beta app, it's been rock solid for me at all times.

I think that there is a closed beta app on iOS, but even the normal app is great nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

On IOS i don't think they refer to it as a Beta app, been around for a long time.

Theres 2 versions on android, the beta one is more unstable but used to have a few extra features. I hardly use it anymore so Im not sure what exactly those extras are.

Ah I thought the only options apart from the beta one are the smartglass apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Anyone ever buy a game from Zavvi? The Dying Light Enhanced edition is €17.99 from there which isn't far off being half the price it is in Argos here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone ever buy a game from Zavvi? The Dying Light Enhanced edition is €17.99 from there which isn't far off being half the price it is in Argos here.

I preordered Assasins Creed 3 hoping to get it on release day, ish It didn't arrive for a month after release. It was shipped from Hong Kong.

• Advertisement

Pressed on the power button for 10 seconds and shut down the xbox in a bid too see if this would fix it but it didn't, it worked for some other people on different forums, also plugged it out of the power box , I'll just have too wait for it too come back itself I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement