Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

WWE 2K17 showed up in my ready to install list.

Wrestlemania on Sunday so must be free to play for a few days because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

WWE 2K17 showed up in my ready to install list.

Wrestlemania on Sunday so must be free to play for a few days because of that.

It is for the week, posted about it in the other topic earlier :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/846753824500940802

Missed this the other day, but Army of Two and Soltrio Solitaire have gone BC.

A bit of weird trivia for you all, Army of Two was to be the first game to feature a Tampon related QTE, only for the developers to realise that this was a terrible terrible idea, and for the whole thing to scrapped before release.

Didn't stop it from being a mediocre game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I remember winning the hard copy of AO2 from RTE .. Must see if its still buried and give it another whirl.

It was a GWG a few years ago, I remember getting it on the 360, I enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Far Cry 3 is now b.c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Cdkeys seem to be out of stock of all Xbox live cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 is now b.c!

Good stuff, my favourite game of the series. Must go and find the disk now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

qrx wrote: »

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/848185183006322688

More Scorpio info on Thursday apparently. If there's anything in it, I might put up a new Scorpio thread closer to the time.

EDIT: Also, just to clarify, I know what the date is. He's said it's not a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Was thinking about selling the Xbox one because I haven't even had it plugged in the past 8 months. I went into one of those entertainment exchanges to ask how much I'd get for it. I was shocked at the price offered €108 for 500gb. Seen they are selling @€;288. Anyone sold one recently and got a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Was thinking about selling the Xbox one because I haven't even had it plugged in the past 8 months. I went into one of those entertainment exchanges to ask how much I'd get for it. I was shocked at the price offered €108 for 500gb. Seen they are selling @€;288. Anyone sold one recently and got a good price?

i assume you have an original xb1? at this stage it would really be worth your while selling it

places were offloading them for around 200 a few months back

Sid Meier's Civilisation Revolution & Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet are now b.c

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Far cry 3 tempting me , I loved that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sid Meier's Civilisation Revolution & Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet are now b.c

Civ Rev is on offer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

pcadhain wrote: »
    it was also GwG a while a back, so you may already have it for free.

pcadhain wrote: »
    it was also GwG a while a back, so you may already have it for free.
    Huh. Yeah, it just showed up. Excellent.

Spring Sale runs from 11-17 April and features over 350 titles with savings up to 67% off (Xbox Live Gold members save up to 10% more)

It just so happens that my Live sub ends on the 17th April lol!
    I have a 3 Month and Annual Sub code that I have yet to use though

It just so happens that my Live sub ends on the 17th April lol! I have a 3 Month and Annual Sub code that I have yet to use though

You know you can stack them?

• Advertisement

I do and I have in the past but the last time I got the annual live it wouldn't let me, I had posted on here about it and after chatting with Microsoft they said you can only stack up to 3 which is why I still have them

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Best place to find a gameshare buddy?
    My last one sold his Xbox and all my other friends have share buddies already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Lads,
    I recently replaced the VHS player sized one in the bedroom, with the One S. Since I've got it, it has been an absolute nightmare with connecting to the router. Nothing has changed on the router and it's constant disconnections is driving me mad. Constantly says cant find IP address or DHCP connection.
    Never had any of these problems on the original, and seriously considering going back to it (thankfully it's only in the sitting room)
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Lads,
    I recently replaced the VHS player sized one in the bedroom, with the One S. Since I've got it, it has been an absolute nightmare with connecting to the router. Nothing has changed on the router and it's constant disconnections is driving me mad. Constantly says cant find IP address or DHCP connection.
    Never had any of these problems on the original, and seriously considering going back to it (thankfully it's only in the sitting room)
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

Some of the early models have had WiFi issues. Perhaps see if you can get a replacement, otherwise Homeplugs will allow you to hardwire it to your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Lads,
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

I've had the exact same issue with my One S. Had it since Christmas and no issues with connecting to WiFi for first 6 weeks or so. After that, I kept getting the same errors as you and it refused to connect. When it did connect it would drop off a few minutes later.

Brought it up to my parents house and it connected to their WiFi no problem although I need to mess around with it on another network a bit longer to see if it drops out like it does at home.

Ended up getting Home Plugs for a finish and they work great but I did log a ticket with Microsoft and they recommended returning the console which has a turnaround time of a month, which is kind of why I went with the Home Plugs.

I was putting the network down to stupid amounts of traffic in the area because Vodafone have taken on way too many customers in my area. Much less congested in my parents area.

Would still like to 100% get to the bottom of whether there is an issue with the console or not as I'd like to get it sorted before warranty runs out. Pain in the hole though as I'll have no console for a month and will have to reinstall all my games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

skerry wrote: »
    I've had the exact same issue with my One S. Had it since Christmas and no issues with connecting to WiFi for first 6 weeks or so. After that, I kept getting the same errors as you and it refused to connect. When it did connect it would drop off a few minutes later.

Brought it up to my parents house and it connected to their WiFi no problem although I need to mess around with it on another network a bit longer to see if it drops out like it does at home.

Ended up getting Home Plugs for a finish and they work great but I did log a ticket with Microsoft and they recommended returning the console which has a turnaround time of a month, which is kind of why I went with the Home Plugs.

I was putting the network down to stupid amounts of traffic in the area because Vodafone have taken on way too many customers in my area. Much less congested in my parents area.

Would still like to 100% get to the bottom of whether there is an issue with the console or not as I'd like to get it sorted before warranty runs out. Pain in the hole though as I'll have no console for a month and will have to reinstall all my games

Do you have to call to log the ticket or can you raise the issue online.
    Its actually a pain in the arse at this stage. Left the preview programme in case it was an issue with one of the early release updates, then factory reset it and it's still the same.
    Can't play 75 of the games because they are digital, then when you do get one started, it cuts back to the home screen telling you to sign in.

Do you guys have the console set as a static IP? I found that one of the problems I had with Xbox One S WiFi was down to the address I had set. Some how it had seemingly come into conflict with itself, so changing the address sorted it.

Of course, it's a bit of a faff to go through the router and change all the settings there again, but it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    Do you guys have the console set as a static IP? I found that one of the problems I had with Xbox One S WiFi was down to the address I had set. Some how it had seemingly come into conflict with itself, so changing the address sorted it.

Of course, it's a bit of a faff to go through the router and change all the settings there again, but it worked.

Just echoing what CITB has said. It is very important to to give the console a static IP address.

On automatic there is a possibility of conflicts with other devices on your network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Do you have to call to log the ticket or can you raise the issue online.
    Its actually a pain in the arse at this stage. Left the preview programme in case it was an issue with one of the early release updates, then factory reset it and it's still the same.
    Can't play 75 of the games because they are digital, then when you do get one started, it cuts back to the home screen telling you to sign in.

I think I logged it online with Support and got a call soon after. They will most likely ask you to cycle your console and also try restore to factory settings while keeping your games. Neither of these worked for me.

They also suggested try connect to another network which I did and it connected no bother so I just need to investigate that a bit more as I don't want my warranty to run out and be stuck with a Xbox and no Wireless.

Ended up getting a set of these as hard wired was more reliable:
    http://www.maplin.ie/p/tp-link-tl-pa8010pkit-1200mbps-pass-through-powerline-kit-a75tc

It's a huge pain in the hole though and constantly kicked out of games and not being able to save had me fit to throw it out the window.

Let me know how you get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

skerry wrote: »

My One S wouldn't connect to the WiFi here either. Emailed Amazon at 10 this morning and a replacement was shipped at 11.

I should have it on Tuesday and then have to return the other one. Happy with that and fair play to Amazon for the quick turnaround.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement