Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just echoing what CITB has said. It is very important to to give the console a static IP address.

On automatic there is a possibility of conflicts with other devices on your network.

I assigned a static IP when troubleshooting the issue and port forwarded to the Xbox which made it behave a bit better temporarily before going back to disconnecting again.

Have had it on Powerlines since but must try it on Wifi again to see if any improvement.

Used Wifi analyser at the time and the amount of Vodafone customers in my area is ridiculous. Parents Wifi was showing up only 1 other Vodafone network and connected no problem so I was kind of putting it down to congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

skerry wrote: »
    Used Wifi analyser at the time and the amount of Vodafone customers in my area is ridiculous. Parents Wifi was showing up only 1 other Vodafone network and connected no problem so I was kind of putting it down to congestion.
    On the WiFi analyser can you see what WiFi channel each neighbour is using?

In one place I lived I found they were all using channel 11 so I switched mine to channel 7 which improved my WiFi connection.

You can change the WiFi channel in the router admin section.

On the WiFi analyser can you see what WiFi channel each neighbour is using?

In one place I lived I found they were all using channel 11 so I switched mine to channel 7 which improved my WiFi connection.

You can change the WiFi channel in the router admin section.

It did, if I remember correctly they were all in 6 or 7 so I played around with channels and I think it sorted the issue briefly before going back to old ways again.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My One S wouldn't connect to the WiFi here either. Emailed Amazon at 10 this morning and a replacement was shipped at 11.

I should have it on Tuesday and then have to return the other one. Happy with that and fair play to Amazon for the quick turnaround.

Did your not connect at all out of the box? The Support guy suggested the possibility of a faulty wireless card but in my head I was thinking that if the card was faulty it wouldn't connect at all and also it seemed to connect to my parents Wifi hassle free (although I need to try this again and leave it for a while to see if it drops out)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did your not connect at all out of the box? The Support guy suggested the possibility of a faulty wireless card but in my head I was thinking that if the card was faulty it wouldn't connect at all and also it seemed to connect to my parents Wifi hassle free (although I need to try this again and leave it for a while to see if it drops out)

Tried when i got it as i set it up in the sitting room. It wouldn't connect so brought it upstairs to where i have Homeplugs set up. It's been there ever since but i tried connecting a few times after that and no joy.

I actually meant to get onto Amazon ages ago and forgot all about it until i saw your post.

• Advertisement

Tried when i got it as i set it up in the sitting room. It wouldn't connect so brought it upstairs to where i have Homeplugs set up. It's been there ever since but i tried connecting a few times after that and no joy.

I actually meant to get onto Amazon ages ago and forgot all about it until i saw your post.

If mine had never connected in the first place it would be gone back by now. Just need to troubleshoot a bit more when I get the chance before I resign myself to doing without my Xbox for a month and having to reinstall all my games if they replace it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My One S wouldn't connect to the WiFi here either. Emailed Amazon at 10 this morning and a replacement was shipped at 11.

I should have it on Tuesday and then have to return the other one. Happy with that and fair play to Amazon for the quick turnaround.

Be awful if the other got lost in the post on the way back and somehow ended up at my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Are there any good deals to be had in the store? Everything seems seriously expensive compared to physical versions.

For example, Dead Rosing 4 is €29.99 in GameStop but €69.99 in the Xbox store.

Same applies for Gears 4: €29.99 in GameStop, €69.99 in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Are there any good deals to be had in the store? Everything seems seriously expensive compared to physical versions.

For example, Dead Rosing 4 is €29.99 in GameStop but €69.99 in the Xbox store.

current deals http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103115388&postcount=3850

big sale starting on the 11th

its worth keeping an eye on this thread the weekly deals are posted in beautiful table forum each week
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056144176&page=258

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Be awful if the other got lost in the post on the way back and somehow ended up at my house.

Unfortunately they have provided an Express Post label to Dublin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Spotted this on Reddit. Find it hilarious for some reason :pac:

w7WsLbVh.jpg

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Spotted this on Reddit. Find it hilarious for some reason :pac:

Oh are custom gamer pics live in the Alpha Ring now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Oh are custom gamer pics live in the Alpha Ring now?

It's a bit of a glitch. I'm not going to try it myself just yet until it's actually released as I've had my taste of suspension for profile tampering before :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBZaHJyREd0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mickeroo wrote: »

No no, you've a killer PC going to waste, can't be having an S neglected too :D:pac:

Do you use the YouTube app on it much. I've find that, even hardwired with the Powerlinks, it will stream a video but kicks me out and gives an error message every half hour or so.

Just wondering if it's a YouTube thing or network issue, don't seem to notice it when gaming.

Do you use the YouTube app on it much. I've find that, even hardwired with the Powerlinks, it will stream a video but kicks me out and gives an error message every half hour or so.

Just wondering if it's a YouTube thing or network issue, don't seem to notice it when gaming.

No i never use YouTube. I can give it a try later though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was gonna get Far cry 3 but then I read somewhere there's a sale starting Tuesday?

I was gonna get Far cry 3 but then I read somewhere there's a sale starting Tuesday?

Yeah spring sale on tuesday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is recore any good? Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Haven't played it myself but i remember it being reviewed pretty poorly.

There was a lot of expectation and it seemed the game was rushed to release, with content in the back half of the game clearly missing, no polish etc.
    That being said i did here the base mechanics were fun, just that it was very disappointing given Keiji Inafune's involvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Apparently there will be an 'ultimate edition' of the game released shortly that contains a lot of the content that people know are missing from the game when it released (such as a Tank robot that is referenced in places in the game but conspicuously absent)

Haven't played it myself but i remember it being reviewed pretty poorly.

There was a lot of expectation and it seemed the game was rushed to release, with content in the back half of the game clearly missing, no polish etc.
    That being said i did here the base mechanics were fun, just that it was very disappointing given Keiji Inafune's involvement.
    Apparently there will be an 'ultimate edition' of the game released shortly that contains a lot of the content that people know are missing from the game when it released (such as a Tank robot that is referenced in places in the game but conspicuously absent)

So they didn't fix all the stuff through patches then? its still broke or not right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think it's broken now, I played through it just before Christmas and didn't have any real issues with gameplay - it's just a bit bland and empty at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Black Ops 2 backwards compat announced bt MJ Nelson

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/851827236781031424

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

GBX wrote: »
    Black Ops 2 backwards compat announced bt MJ Nelson

I believe that was the most requested backward compatible title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I believe that was the most requested backward compatible title.

Judging by the comments on anything posted by any Xbox head honcho, yes, it very much was.

Wonder what all those tools will complain about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Judging by the comments on anything posted by any Xbox head honcho, yes, it very much was.

Wonder what all those tools will complain about now?

MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Why can't I find it on the xbox store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why can't I find it on the xbox store ?

Found it actually in ready to install. Happy days

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think it's broken now, I played through it just before Christmas and didn't have any real issues with gameplay - it's just a bit bland and empty at times.

Its very tempting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement