Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why can't I find it on the xbox store ?

Found it actually in ready to install. Happy days
    What size download
    I bought all
    These games once before but sure I'll buy it again Lol

Its very tempting.

Still technically unfinished they still haven't added elements missing from the game since launch like the Tank Bot which was promised after christmas that was required to access areas currently in the game and very obviously left in an unfinished state you could actually glitch your way to the dungeon before it was patched, now it's been leaked theres a definitive edition out shortly when the game has no DLC or anything, can't see them charging people who have the game anything for new content that should have been in the game from launch, that would just be a disaster.

As for the game itself I had fun with it but it's light on story and descends into a grind fest at the end. Without spoiling it too much you come to your destination and find a locked door that needs cores found in the world to open, grand. Back I come core in hand open door work my way through the area to find???? Yup another locked door needing more cores, repeat 4-5 times. Really kills the pace of the game unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

GBX wrote: »
    Black Ops 2 backwards compat announced bt MJ Nelson

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/851827236781031424

Omg I just can't wait to hear that warthog screaming accros the map...best sounding killstreak ever :)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still technically unfinished they still haven't added elements missing from the game since launch like the Tank Bot which was promised after christmas that was required to access areas currently in the game and very obviously left in an unfinished state you could actually glitch your way to the dungeon before it was patched, now it's been leaked theres a definitive edition out shortly when the game has no DLC or anything, can't see them charging people who have the game anything for new content that should have been in the game from launch, that would just be a disaster.

As for the game itself I had fun with it but it's light on story and descends into a grind fest at the end. Without spoiling it too much you come to your destination and find a locked door that needs cores found in the world to open, grand. Back I come core in hand open door work my way through the area to find???? Yup another locked door needing more cores, repeat 4-5 times. Really kills the pace of the game unnecessarily.

How do you get these core yolks?

Did you 100% it :pac:?

How do you get these core yolks?

Did you 100% it :pac:?

The cores come from completing dungeons or some are buried and the dog can sniff them out and dig them up

Oh man let me tell you about 100% ing it , there are hundreds of collectibles that aren't marked on the map and at the time I played it some were bugged in that you couldn't see them at certain angles. Think they fixed all that not sure about adding them to the map. I must have swept one of the areas once a night for nearly 2 weeks looking for the handful I missed.

If it's sub 20 euro in the sale i'd say go for it. It's worth that much. I think it has a trial actually so you could play that on an alt account so you're not stuck with a game you'll never finish or play again on you're own tag :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The cores come from completing dungeons or some are buried and the dog can sniff them out and dig them up

So are you repeating a lot of dungeons too get them cores? Its 20 atm that's why tempted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

km79 wrote: »
    What size download
    I bought all
    These games once before but sure I'll buy it again Lol

Think it's 16gb download. If u downloaded it before it will be in your ready to install list

So are you repeating a lot of dungeons too get them cores? Its 20 atm that's why tempted :pac:

Not really, you can get half of them in the world rest in the dungeons, think they are rewards for completion, shoot hidden targets and finish under par time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Think it's 16gb download. If u downloaded it before it will be in your ready to install list

Just downloaded it on to my xbone and it had all my loadouts weapon skins etc from when was it 4/5 years ago.... isn't technology amazing! What will they think of next :)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Digital self service refunds are coming

CE967F0m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »

CE967F0m.jpg

Is that like what's in place on Steam?

• CatInABox wrote: »

CE967F0m.jpg

Microsoft really making the effort
    Can't see Sony doing this (unless they have already??)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Microsoft really making the effort Can't see Sony doing this (unless they have already??)

Top post on the PS4 subreddit is "Microsoft is now allowing refunds." "Please let's put the pressure on Sony to implement something like this" with 40k+ upvotes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

After my delight with the backwards compatibility now of COD BO2 ... I cant find the disc. Its not in the case - my brother may have swiped/borrowed it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi folks,

My Xbox live ran out yesterday. I'm trying to play Ryse offline but it won't let me. It keeps saying I need to renew my membership. Is it because I downloaded it with games with gold?

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hi folks,

My Xbox live ran out yesterday. I'm trying to play Ryse offline but it won't let me. It keeps saying I need to renew my membership. Is it because I downloaded it with games with gold?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hi folks,

If you have already downloaded the game you own it and it shouldn't require Xbox live to run.

However, this was one of the launch titles on Xbox One which initially was supposed to be an "always connected console to run DRM"

The game might not work offline due to this. I'll check mine later in offline mode and post back here.

Hi folks,

If you have already downloaded the game you own it and it shouldn't require Xbox live to run.

However, this was one of the launch titles on Xbox One which initially was supposed to be an "always connected console to run DRM"

The game might not work offline due to this. I'll check mine later in offline mode and post back here.
    I thought gold was the same as ea access
    I.e. If you don't keep up your subscription you lose access to games that were tied to that subscription like games with gold

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Xbox One GWG require an active sub to play, nothing to do with DRM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They changed it unfortunately.

I just found a suggestion on the Xbox user voice website asking for Xbox to switch it back to owning the titles after a Games with Gold subscription expires.

It used to be you owned the title once you downloaded it on GWG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think that's still the case for the BC Xbox 360 games anyway, you don't need a sub once you have "purchased" those through GWG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

They changed it unfortunately.

I just found a suggestion on the Xbox user voice website asking for Xbox to switch it back to owning the titles after a Games with Gold subscription expires.

It used to be you owned the title once you downloaded it on GWG.
    Nah, Xbox One GwG titles have always required an active Gold sub to play (similar to EA Access or one of the 'Free to Play with Gold' weekends).
    Xbox 360 GwG games have always been, and continue to be, that when you 'purchase' the game that you get to keep it also.

Can you not use your MS account balance to purchase gold subs?

No and it's very annoying as I've 80 euro in it and gold expires Monday

Also could not be used to buy blackops2 for DLC for it

Great. Went all the way into town exactly for that reason :/

You can get Gold from CD Keys for around €35. Why would you give Microsoft €60 for the same thing? It makes absolutely no sense.

Keep your credit for a game you want/see something in a sale and save yourself €20-€25 on Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Just wondering what ye are using with regards to rechargeable batteries. Want to go in to town today to buy something decent.

This thing seems to EAT them and I'm not even gaming on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tilikum wrote:
    Just wondering what ye are using with regards to rechargeable batteries. Want to go in to town today to buy something decent.

I use high capacity (2100mah) Energizer's myself for years with no problems. A lot of people recommend Panasonic's Eneloops tho so I will try them next.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Nah, Xbox One GwG titles have always required an active Gold sub to play (similar to EA Access or one of the 'Free to Play with Gold' weekends).
    Xbox 360 GwG games have always been, and continue to be, that when you 'purchase' the game that you get to keep it also.
    I didn't know that. Pretty sneaky especially if they are still saying you're getting $$$ in free games. I know you've said it's like that from day one but it's a different service from the one people signed up to originally on the 360.

erkifino wrote: »
    I didn't know that. Pretty sneaky especially if they are still saying you're getting $$$ in free games. I know you've said it's like that from day one but it's a different service from the one people signed up to originally on the 360.

I don't understand how you can say it's sneaky? It clearly states that an active Live Subscription is required to maintain access to your Gold games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This thing seems to EAT them and I'm not even gaming on it.

Bought an energiser set in Argos last year and their good.I bought the Tronic rechargeable batteries in Lidl as well last September and I think they are even better. Keep and eye out, their worth picking up for spares anyway.

Heard that the Eneloops from Panasonic are great as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Bought an energiser set in Argos last year and their good.I bought the Tronic rechargeable batteries in Lidl as well last September and I think they are even better. Keep and eye out, their worth picking up for spares anyway.

Heard that the Eneloops from Panasonic are great as well.
    I've heard that some models of rechargeable batteries in IKEA may be unbranded eneloops in disguise (It was on a BA thread a while back)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement