Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I just cant be bothered with swapping batteries in and out. I use the official Xbox play and charge kit.

I have had it almost 4 years and it still holds a great charge.

718iVdaKTdL._SX425_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just cant be bothered with swapping batteries in and out. I use the official Xbox play and charge kit.

I have had it almost 4 years and it still holds a great charge.

718iVdaKTdL._SX425_.jpg

I got one of these with the original One at launch and it's still giving me over a week between charges.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I swap my batteries over the course of months, it's zero hassle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can say it's sneaky? It clearly states that an active Live Subscription is required to maintain access to your Gold games.
    Sneaky may be too strong a word. I was getting GwG on the 360 and that format has changed for the One. Clearly I was wrong to assume it was the same service.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

erkifino wrote: »
    Sneaky may be too strong a word. I was getting GwG on the 360 and that format has changed for the One. Clearly I was wrong to assume it was the same service.

In fairness, it was a fairly big announcement at the time, and was debated for weeks afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    In fairness, it was a fairly big announcement at the time, and was debated for weeks afterwards.

IIRC, it's been the case since day one that you had to have an active sub to play the xb1 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

CatInABox wrote: »

Failsafe, Tilikum must have dial up connection like myself so :pac:

Look, I'm not looking for an argument/debate, I'm gold pretty consistently so it's not gonna be an issue and I can appreciate MS may have been trying to combat people getting 1 month gold subs and getting free games, I follow these threads most of the time and the first I heard about the change was about 10 posts ago.

I'm educated now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I brought recore in the sale and started it last night, it's a lot of fun so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Some interesting stuff from Phil Spencer in this piece in the Guardian. Talks about lots of things but this on big first-party stuff caught my eye.
    The audience for those big story-driven games... I won’t say it isn’t as large, but they’re not as consistent. You’ll have things like Zelda or Horizon Zero Dawn that’ll come out, and they’ll do really well, but they don’t have the same impact that they used to have, because the big service-based games are capturing such a large amount of the audience. Sony’s first-party studios do a lot of these games, and they’re good at them, but outside of that, it’s difficult – they’re become more rare; it’s a difficult business decision for those teams, you’re fighting into more headwind.

He says later Microsoft are "upping their investment" in first-party stuff and there will be stuff announced but it might show part of the reason that Xbox has been lacking good exclusives recently. My reading of it is that Microsoft are more into big multiplayer projects since you can keep a playerbase engaged longer than with a game focused on a single player campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Dead Space 1,2 and 3 all playable now on Xbox One with backward compatibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

What's the best way of getting Spotify on xbox one? Webplayer doesn't work - needs flash. I've tried the plex channel - doesn't work, looks like its abandoned. Spoticast gets your music from youtube, not really interested in that. Any native way or is it just firestick\chromecast in the HDMI port? If I do that can it be played in the background?

Dead Space 1,2 and 3 all playable now on Xbox One with backward compatibility.

One was already there.

But great they finally added the rest.

I think I missed the third one and only have memory of that eye scene in the second one so looking forward to a run at them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having a lot of fun with record but some of platforming bits are infuriating .

Having a lot of fun with record but some of platforming bits are infuriating .

Oh man if your going for 1000gs your in for a time :D

Not sure if they patched the dungeon exploit or spawns or not but no way I'd fancy doing some of those legit because of the platforming, and respawns,

Oh man if your going for 1000gs your in for a time :D

Not sure if they patched the dungeon exploit or spawns or not but no way I'd fancy doing some of those legit because of the platforming, and respawns,

Stuck on this one atm

Why oh why did they not include a manual save option!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The Division is free to play this weekend. It's also 60% off.

See here.

I figure this is a better place to ask this than the Android Devices as there's a better chance some of you are Cortana users. How do I get Cortana on Android? It's not showing in the store via the phone and when I find the app in google play store online it says "No eligible device for app install". This is for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

qrx wrote: »
    I figure this is a better place to ask this than the Android Devices as there's a better chance some of you are Cortana users. How do I get Cortana on Android? It's not showing in the store via the phone and when I find the app in google play store online it says "No eligible device for app install". This is for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I see it in the app store for me so I would say that your Android OS isn't recent enough - so that is why you see the "No eligible device" message when on a pc and it just doesn't show via your phone. I'm running Android 7.0

Edit: Just checked my tablet, which is running Android 5.1, and there is no sign of Cortana on the app store.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I see it in the app store for me so I would say that your Android OS isn't recent enough - so that is why you see the "No eligible device" message when on a pc and it just doesn't show via your phone. I'm running Android 7.0

Edit: Just checked my tablet, which is running Android 5.1, and there is no sign of Cortana on the app store.
    I see beside the device name where it says no eligible devices that it says "This item cannot be installed in your devices country". I've tried to change the country through my google account but it's linked to a credit card. So basically need a foreign credit card.

Man I miss Windows 10 Mobile already. I could just go with the flow and use "OK, Google", but you can't use it without giving permission to access ALL of your usage and both of your daughters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I see beside the device name where it says no eligible devices that it says "This item cannot be installed in your devices country".

I'm up north right enough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Man I miss Windows 10 Mobile already.

Said only one man, ever :D

Said only one man, ever :D

I hung on till the bitter end :-) Fantastic OS it has to be said. But also a fantastic example of how Microsoft manage to balls things up. You could call it their flagship of balls ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I hung on till the bitter end :-) Fantastic OS it has to be said. But also a fantastic example of how Microsoft manage to balls things up. You could call it their flagship of balls ups.
    Does that make me last man standing? :D

It's grand for everything I need and the few true UWP apps actually work really well (the Xbox Beta App is a great example of that, just to keep my comments relevant for an Xbox-related thread :))

Brought gears of war 4 last week, what an awesome game! brought dead rising 4 for 40 on amazon today and I'm still stuck on that stupid platforming bit recore, so annoying and frustrating .

Finished Gears of war 4, what a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It's €25 in Argos at the moment. Going to pounce on that. Need a new game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

It's €25 in Argos at the moment. Going to pounce on that. Need a new game to play.

Was 19.99 in Smyths last week, worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

As I done with other backwards compatible games. I bought them played with them a few times and just stopped playing. Off the top of my head:

GTA IV
    Red Dead Redemption
    Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Braid and a few others that I cannot remember and will more than likely buy some more since they are on sale. Great system Microsoft, they know people will buy them and probably rarely play them as I played them already years ago but just wanted to see how they played now as I haven't played them in so long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement