Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's happening next Tuesday, so it looks like it'll be part of the Deals with Gold. I actually lashed it into that thread a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's happening next Tuesday, so it looks like it'll be part of the Deals with Gold. I actually lashed it into that thread a while back.

It's awful annoying that you can't use the credit in your account for 360 games

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

km79 wrote: »
    It's awful annoying that you can't use the credit in your account for 360 games

You can on the 360. Might even be able to do it on the PC as well.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can on the 360. Might even be able to do it on the PC as well.

Defo couldn't on pc
    Was sure I tried on 360 as well but maybe not

km79 wrote: »
    Defo couldn't on pc

It was a while since I bought a 360 game but I could have swore I bought it with credit from. Xbox.com, must be mixed up.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It was a while since I bought a 360 game but I could have swore I bought it with credit from. Xbox.com, must be mixed up.

I tried for ages to buy black ops. 2 via pc few weeks back
    100% couldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Scorpio wallpapers for all devices.

I want a Scorpio bed duvet :D

http://www.xbox.com/en-SG/wallpapers/#/items/project-scorpio

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Phantom Dust

Wonder why they released it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just created an E3 thread in the Xbox forum. Assuming there wasn't one made already, couldn't see any?

Excitement is starting to get to me, didn't realise it was so close already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Is any one else struggling to see them ever buying a Scorpio?

When I first heard about it I was really excited. But the more I think about it. I have a 49 inch 1080p tv. I would have to spend a decent chunk of money to buy a 4k one. Then how much would a Scorpio cost? I recently used up my cex vouchers to buy a 2tb xbox s so that at least when ever I do upgrade my tv I will have non gaming 4k access. But with every new or upgraded console the jump from the previous one is getting smaller. And things are getting better but people still dont have the kind of money they did to spend before.

tkd93 wrote: »

When I first heard about it I was really excited. But the more I think about it. I have a 49 inch 1080p tv. I would have to spend a decent chunk of money to buy a 4k one. Then how much would a Scorpio cost? I recently used up my cex vouchers to buy a 2tb xbox s so that at least when ever I do upgrade my tv I will have non gaming 4k access. But with every new or upgraded console the jump from the previous one is getting smaller. And things are getting better but people still dont have the kind of money they did to spend before.

I'll be buying day one.

In the digital foundry videos they said non 4K TV users will still see an improvement.

The Scorpio at a hardware level will down sample 4K visuals to 1080p displays. This means better performance when compared to standard 1080p.

Some benefits for 1080p users.
    Improved frame rates.
    Better anti aliasing - less jaggy edges.
    Higher quality textures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Good news from the Vice president of xbox

I think the future of xbox is clearly play anywhere. Develop your games for the best pc hardware out there, then scale down for Scorpio and then again for xbox one. And as a pc game has configuration settings anyway it makes this very simple. Scorpio will simply be a pc game with hard coded settings.

If anything I think the xbox one is in danger of being under utilised. Are developers going to bother with esram? I know its been around a while and they have it perfected by now but are they going to bother.

tkd93 wrote: »

E3 will be crunch time for me. I'm not buying into Microsoft's "Coming soon" mantra anymore. There's always something better just around the corner, just trust us and hang on in there. No. A console is all about games and they need to deliver at E3. I'm delighted there will be new hardware, but from the point of view that there is shinier newer hardware for which to deliver games on. I'm also expecting something on the VR front. Yes VR is not there yet and is in its infancy, but everything starts somewhere. They need to on board for me to invest anymore in their platform.

Really is time to start delivering. There are a ton of games on that other platform that are really to my taste. A ton.

Red dead redemption 2 delayed until spring 2018. Darn. This was my one and only justification for buying a Scorpio.

http://m.windowscentral.com/red-dead-redemption-2-release-pushed-back-spring-2018

qrx wrote: »
    Red dead redemption 2 delayed until spring 2018. Darn. This was my one and only justification for buying a Scorpio.

http://m.windowscentral.com/red-dead-redemption-2-release-pushed-back-spring-2018

What's just before Spring? That's right, Christmas! Santa can bring you a Scorpio.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Just wait another 3 weeks for the actual console to be revealed. There will be new games and we still don't even know the name of the console, let alone price, release dates, how much better Red Dead will look etc

• Advertisement

I don't think we will see any Red Dead at E3 and if it is shown I think it will only appear in the Sony show since they have secured marketing rights for RDR2.

I don't think we will see any Red Dead at E3 and if it is shown I think it will only appear in the Sony show since they have secured marketing rights for RDR2.

I'd be surprised if we don't see another trailer. It's a big game and a big deal, there's got to be something. But you are right it will be part of Sony.

What big games are left to be Added to the backwards compatible list?

Black ops 2, RDR, GTA IV, Fallout 3 etc all on it now.

Any games you are waiting for to be added?

Saints row 2 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

A few for me: LA Noire and the Crackdown, Metal Gear Solid and the Splinter Cell games. I'd love to revisit them.

Here's hoping we'll get E3 announcements of the old Crackdown and Splinter Cell games coming free with new ones. It happened a few times when BC was announced almost two years ago (Fallout 3 free with 4, Rainbow Six New Vegas free with Seige, Gears Of War collection with Gears Ultimate edition, Alan Wake free with Quantum Break) but I can't remember anything in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

pcadhain wrote: »
    A few for me: LA Noire and the Crackdown, Metal Gear Solid and the Splinter Cell games. I'd love to revisit them.

Here's hoping we'll get E3 announcements of the old Crackdown and Splinter Cell games coming free with new ones. It happened a few times when BC was announced almost two years ago (Fallout 3 free with 4, Rainbow Six New Vegas free with Seige, Gears Of War collection with Gears Ultimate edition, Alan Wake free with Quantum Break) but I can't remember anything in the past year.
    going to go with Crackdown BC with the upcoming Crackdown 3. loved one didn't care much for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

They should put some cool atmospheric sounds/music on the Xbox One Home screen like they do on PS4 and Wii U. It's a really nice touch.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    They should put some cool atmospheric sounds/music on the Xbox One Home screen like they do on PS4 and Wii U. It's a really nice touch.

I hate that sound on my PS4. It just bugs me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I was gonna say 'cool atmospheric' was very subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

erkifino wrote: »
    I was gonna say 'cool atmospheric' was very subjective.

They should allow you to upload an MP3 of "cool atmospheric" music for the home screen! Problem solved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bring back the creepy old music from Xbox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement