Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

JoyPad wrote: »
    They should allow you to upload an MP3 of "cool atmospheric" music for the home screen! Problem solved!
    There's a job in MS with your name on it!
    maximoose wrote: »
    Bring back the creepy old music from Xbox

That's the fan right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Has anyone tried Xbox Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Xbox Pass?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Yes.
    aaaaaaannnnnddddddddd?

Yes.

three questions more for you I have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg

• Advertisement

I am beginning to see an opportunity in the market for teaching a course on open ended questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Dammit. Ori definitive edition does not update standard edtion, it's treated as a separate game. So no save positions. Was hoping I could get past the ginso water rush with the help of check points in definitive edition. Don't really want to start the game again though.

Just tried it again on standard. Brought me close to tears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tkd93 wrote: »
    aaaaaaannnnnddddddddd?

It's in beta so the title library is ****e. Until it launches and we see the full title list it's hard to call it. It costs a tenner a month so it is not cheap, though it does give you a 10% discount on titles so I can see people enabling it for a month and buying some titles then disabling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I think the current list of games is really good compared to what was offered when it was first released to those in the Alpha ring. I've downloaded 10 of the games on the list, those I had wanted to buy but was too cheap to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's in beta so the title library is ****e. Until it launches and we see the full title list it's hard to call it. It costs a tenner a month so it is not cheap, though it does give you a 10% discount on titles so I can see people enabling it for a month and buying some titles then disabling it.

It's out of beta, there's a separate thread on it. Currently 112 games on the list - not sure if they're all for me but there's some potential (e.g. Screamride is on sale for a tenner in the MS publisher sale, I was tempted but for the same tenner I could go with game pass, probably play it as much in a month as I would have and maybe try a few of the other titles too)

• Advertisement

Question; if I d/loaded a game from game pass, do I have it indefinitely until Microsoft decide to swap it out or is there a 30 day counter once d/loaded? Does anyone know if Microsoft completely swap every game every 30 days?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Question; if I d/loaded a game from game pass, do I have it indefinitely until Microsoft decide to swap it out or is there a 30 day counter once d/loaded? Does anyone know if Microsoft completely swap every game every 30 days?
    You have it indefinitely. *

*Until Microsoft either no longer include it in game pass (most likely to happen for third party games because of licencing, rather than first party Microsoft titles ... But you may still see some MS games disappear, like the original Forza Horizon, because of music licencing) OR you cancel your subscription to Game Pass

It's out of beta, there's a separate thread on it. Currently 112 games on the list - not sure if they're all for me but there's some potential (e.g. Screamride is on sale for a tenner in the MS publisher sale, I was tempted but for the same tenner I could go with game pass, probably play it as much in a month as I would have and maybe try a few of the other titles too)

Its pretty expensive for the titles being offered imo. I wouldn't go near it tbh, not for a while until I see more titles being added. It's not finished testing, sure it's not even available for silver users yet.

Its pretty expensive for the titles being offered imo. I wouldn't go near it tbh, not for a while until I see more titles being added. It's not finished testing, sure it's not even available for silver users yet.
    Out for everyone on 1. June.
    Gold users got to sign up for the 14-day trial one week early.

Out for everyone on 1. June.
    Gold users got to sign up for the 14-day trial one week early.

Yes I am aware of the schedule. As I said, testing isn't even complete yet

Yes I am aware of the schedule. As I said, testing isn't even complete yet
    Apologies if I am misunderstanding you.

The Alpha / Beta version only had 20-25 games.

My understanding from all the MS documentation and videos last week is that the full version of the Game Pass is available now for Gold users, it is not a Test / Alpha / Beta version.

This same version will be available to everyone else on Thursday.The only thing expected to change beyond that would be the library of games may vary slightly over time.

I think something similar to the Sky Store model would suit this better, where you can rent or buy games. Basically extend the store with an option to rent games over a given period. I don't see many people paying a monthly fee when the majority of users would take a month to play a game and considering the games on offer, you could just buy that game outright for €10 or less.

qrx wrote: »
    I think something similar to the Sky Store model would suit this better, where you can rent or buy games. Basically extend the store with an option to rent games over a given period. I don't see many people paying a monthly fee when the majority of users would take a month to play a game and considering the games on offer, you could just buy that game outright for €10 or less.
    Strangely, this idea only seems to have 10 votes on the Xbox feedback page. I could have sworn that there was another request for the same thing about a year ago with more votes.

Update: Found the original Feedback request with about 6,400 votes - here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its basically Netflix for games

how well it does will depend on how regular decent games are added

dunworth1 wrote: »
    its basically Netflix for games

how well it does will depend on how regular decent games are added
    It's out already so there's no mystery as to how good games are on it. Oh sorry, with Microsoft its always "coming soon". So I suppose good games will be coming soon. Sign up now and just trust is.

Also, playing games is different to watching tv. You can watch a lot of tv in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Also, playing games is different to watching tv. You can watch a lot of tv in a month.

If you didn't spend so much time watching TV, you could spend it playing games?

Over 100 games.

Monthly subscription costs less than a single second hand game at GameStop

Cancel whenever you want with no penalties.

Additional discounts for store purchases.

Fully downloadable games with no streaming.

Sounds very good to me.

Over 100 games.

Monthly subscription costs less than a single second hand game at GameStop

Cancel whenever you want with no penalties.

Additional discounts for store purchases.

Fully downloadable games with no streaming.

Sounds very good to me.

The catalogue is fairly ****e though and it's mainly 360 games. We have also had a lot of the better titles already in games with gold. I think the price point is fair though as long as there are titles you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

The catalogue is fairly ****e though and it's mainly 360 games. We have also had a lot of the better titles already in games with gold. I think the price point is fair though as long as there are titles you want.

it has to start somewhere the more people who sub to it the better it will get

dunworth1 wrote: »
    it has to start somewhere the more people who sub to it the better it will get

Just like Netflix when it launched here!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, this service isn't going to make sense for everyone. For someone just buying into the Xbox ecosystem though, it's a really solid deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Agreed on the catalog being poor. Personally I've also cancelled ea access, it's one thing owning / having access to all the games, but in reality all I ever do is play one or two multi-player games on a very regular basis and chip away at single player titles here and there.

19 year old me would have thought it an incredible deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

List of games available on Game Pass

€9.99 per month. Cancel at anytime. Gold Membership is NOT required when it officially launches, but is currently required until it's fully released (June 1, 2017).
    Xbox One
    •Blood Bowl 2
    •The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
    •Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    •D4: Darks Dreams Don't Die
    •Defense Grid 2
    •Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
    •Electronic Super Joy
    •Farming Simulator 15
    •Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
    •The Golf Club
    •Halo 5: Guardians
    •Halo: Spartan Assault
    •IDARB
    •JumpJet Rex
    •Knight Squad
    •Kyub
    •Layers of Fear
    •Lumo
    •Mad Max
    •Massive Chalice
    •Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
    •Mega Coin Squad
    •Mega Man Legacy Collection
    •NBA 2K16
    •OlliOlli
    •Payday 2: Crimewave Edition
    •Pumped BMX+
    •Resident Evil 0
    •Roundabout
    •Saints Row IV: Re-elected
    •ScreamRide
    •Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    •Steredenn
    •Strider
    •Sunset Overdrive
    •Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
    •Super Time Force
    •The Swapper
    •Terraria
    •WWE 2K16

Xbox 360 (All Games Backwards Compatible)
    •A Kingdom for Keflings
    •A World of Keflings
    •Age of Booty
    •Alex Kidd & Co. (Sega Vintage Collection)
    •Banjo-Kazooie
    •Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
    •Banjo-Tooie
    •Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
    •BioShock
    •BioShock 2
    •BioShock Infinite
    •Borderlands
    •Bound by Flame
    •Braid
    •Capcom Arcade Cabinet
    •CastleStorm
    •Comic Jumper
    •Comix Zone
    •Dark Void
    •De Blob 2
    •Defense Grid
    •Dig Dug
    •Double Dragon Neon
    •Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
    •Fable III
    •Final Fight: Double Impact
    •Flock
    •Galaga Legions DX
    •Gears of War
    •Gears of War 2
    •Gears of War 3
    •Gears of War: Judgment
    •Golden Axe (Sega Vintage Collection)
    •Grid 2
    •Hexic 2
    •IDARB
    •Iron Brigade
    •Jetpac Refuelled
    •Joe Danger: Special Edition
    •Joe Danger 2: The Movie
    •Joy Ride Turbo
    •Kameo
    •King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
    •Lego Batman: The Video Game
    •The Maw
    •Metal Slug 3
    •Monday Night Combat
    •Ms. Splosion Man
    •MX vs. ATV Reflex
    •N+
    •Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
    •Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
    •Pac-Man CE DX+
    •Pac-Man Museum
    •Perfect Dark Zero
    •Sacred 3
    •Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
    •Sam & Max: Save The World
    •Samurai Shodown II
    •SoulCalibur
    •SoulCalibur II HD
    •Spelunky
    •Splosion Man
    •Stacking
    •Streets of Rage (Sega Vintage Collection)
    •Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    •Toy Soldiers
    •Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    •Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
    •Viva Pinata
    •Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
    •XCOM: Enemy Within

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

For the most part, it's not for me as I got many of the games with gold but people have been wanting a second chance to get previous games with gold and this is perfect.

The catalogue isn't enough for me but as we are in a world where people have both consoles or are pondering getting the one it's decent idea. It has to start somewhere. It might evolve.

• Advertisement

erkifino wrote: »
    For the most part, it's not for me as I got many of the games with gold but people have been wanting a second chance to get previous games with gold and this is perfect.

The catalogue isn't enough for me but as we are in a world where people have both consoles or are pondering getting the one it's decent idea. It has to start somewhere. It might evolve.

If it develops anything the the BC catalog it will be well worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement