Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Ive got saved game clips on my smart glass app. Where are they on my Xbox One?
    There are a few there when I look at your profile, it said you had none when I went into it but I changed sort by from trend to new and they showed up. Are there particular clips you are missing?

EDIT: You are shuffles07 on live, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just found them there. I went to 'Friends', 'My Profile' and then scrolled across to 'Clips'. Cheers! I thought they would have appeared in the activity feed as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Reddit app coming to Xbox One :D

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/18/reddx-reddit-app-xbox-one-available-soon/

Looks class, full functionality including watching embedded YouTube videos directly through the app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Reddit app coming to Xbox One :D

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/18/reddx-reddit-app-xbox-one-available-soon/

Looks class, full functionality including watching embedded YouTube videos directly through the app :)

The format is better on XB1 than the actual website :D

The format is better on XB1 than the actual website :D

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's class lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's class lol :pac:

That really is an excellent app, very impressed and way nicer than the site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tony1980 wrote: »
    That really is an excellent app, very impressed and way nicer than the site :D
    Anyone downloaded it from the US App Marketplace yet?

Anyone downloaded it from the US App Marketplace yet?

Yes and I am really liking it. Much easier on the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Yeah, tried it out last night and was very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone tried the new media player app? Plugged in my external hardrive and it says it needs permission to access videos, how does one do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new media player app? Plugged in my external hardrive and it says it needs permission to access videos, how does one do this?

Is one on the preview? If so, head to Quests and start the media quest and the media app should download.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Is one on the preview? If so, head to Quests and start the media quest and the media app should download.

I mis-read your post. Sorry 'bout that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It looks like we'll soon have 24 hour game unlocks, probably as an expansion to the "Games with Gold" service.

See here.

Got to say, Microsoft are really trying hard to turn it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

€399 for an Xbox One and Fifa 15 with the "legends" feature might just be enough to make me take the plunge. One question, how often do users use their Kinect?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Villain wrote: »
    One question, how often do users use their Kinect?

Lost my tv remote ages ago so "Xbox, volume down" and "Xbox, turn off, yes" are staples of my going to bed routine :pac:

But that's about as far as it goes. Used Xbox Fitness for a bit after I first got the console, haven't really used the kinect since.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

€399 for an Xbox One and Fifa 15 with the "legends" feature might just be enough to make me take the plunge. One question, how often do users use their Kinect?
    maximoose wrote: »
    Lost my tv remote ages ago so "Xbox, volume down" and "Xbox, turn off, yes" are staples of my going to bed routine :pac:

But that's about as far as it goes. Used Xbox Fitness for a bit after I first got the console, haven't really used the kinect since.

Yeah, as cool as it is to control your entertainment system through your Xbox, I just don't use it enough to recommend it to anyone. Now that it is unbundled, I can't see it getting to the point that games will use it in original ways.

One question, how often do users use their Kinect?

I actually couldn't imagine using the One without it. It works flawlessly for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I use mine all the time, I actually get grumpy if Im watching a video and have to turn on my contoller to confirm an update. (I dont understand why you can't confirm these by voice).

Also, I downloaded the voice studio app the other night, its essentially a questionnaire on where you were born, age, etc and what your native language is, it then surveys the size of the room, and the floor covering, they then play game sounds and ask you to say the commands shown on screen. They're obviously still tuning the kinect so its good to see that its not being forgotten about. Also worth noting is some of the commands I was asked to say were new ones, like "invite to party"

I use it for everything, love it. U can buy it seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I use it for everything, love it. U can buy it seperately.

love using it for Skype with mates as well.
    everybody I ever talked to compliments the great camera and quality

• Advertisement

There's a problem with a game clip I recorded. It's appearing blank on my profile (on my console, laptop and through the SmartGlass app). I can't replay it. All my other clips are playable but this one isn't. Any ideas?

My ID is: shuffles07. If you go into my profile, you'll see what I'm talking about.

For anyone buying a new Xbox bundle without a kinect. You can always buy 1 from CeX for the bargain price of €25:

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1OFFKIN2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

For anyone buying a new Xbox bundle without a kinect. You can always buy 1 from CeX for the bargain price of €25:

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1OFFKIN2

Thats unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Thats unreal.

Was going to sell mine to cex but wow f all for it ha i think i will keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Was going to sell mine to cex but wow f all for it ha i think i will keep it.
    Yeah. There's no reason not to keep it, if you got it already - instead of wasting your time going to the shop to get €3-5 for it (wouldn't cover bus fare)

That said, I love it. For me, the quick switching between digital games and apps and "Xbox Pause" is worth it.

If you want to get rid of it later in the year, it might be worth more when it's up against the Kinect 2 for Windows (separate power cable required) and standalone Kinect for Xbox One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Voice = Win but Gestures still = fail imo with kinect, maybe my room is too small but they never work that well and 9/10 it's quicker with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone pick up The Golf Club? Was going to but graphics are supposed to be poor, seems to be a work in progress, was interested in it but going to hold off.

calex71 wrote: »
    Voice = Win but Gestures still = fail imo with kinect, maybe my room is too small but they never work that well and 9/10 it's quicker with a controller.

Just tried the hand gestures again today after not using them since launch. The difference is incredible. It works really well but does lead to the odd mis-press.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Pre-loading to happen earlier than anticipated...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/475074/xbox-one-pre-download-feature-arrives-a-month-early-with-madden-nfl-15/

Hopefully Destiny will be included,would only use the feature on games that will get a lot of playtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just tried the hand gestures again today after not using them since launch. The difference is incredible. It works really well but does lead to the odd mis-press.

I can never get them to work at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement