Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Picture it, though, if Microsoft started including a one or two month trial of Game Pass with every console bundle ... someone coming into the Xbox community without the GwG history of us old-timers. It's nice to think that they would have 100+ games on day one to try out and could lead to a long term sub. The more subscribers, the more likely that MS can convince third party studios to join in.

This would be similar to how Netflix (now) can create original content and attract top talent into their productions, as opposed to Netflix (starting out) which was just a DVD-by-mail company with a lot of older movies, box sets and B-Movies, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

This would be similar to how Netflix (now) can create original content and attract top talent into their productions, as opposed to Netflix (starting out) which was just a DVD-by-mail company with a lot of older movies, box sets and B-Movies, etc.
    Never thought of this. And Microsoft sure do need more production avenues. "An Xbox game pass original production". I like it :)

DLC content (on more recent titles) would also be a good attraction. Sign up for a month here and there, play a load of DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

qrx wrote: »
    Never thought of this. And Microsoft sure do need more production avenues. "An Xbox game pass original production". I like it :)

DLC content (on more recent titles) would also be a good attraction. Sign up for a month here and there, play a load of DLC.

The bigger problem I forsee with it is that it'll encourage games to shoehorn in yet more microtransactions to maximise the return from casual folks who get in on the game late via game pass.
    Halo 5, just this week added a €10 req pack for new players that unlocks an extended magazine magnum, and a DMR - both items that normally dont unlock until you've the guts of 200 or so hours logged in game. This is all well and good, but there are people like myself who have played the game since day 1, and havent unlocked some of these items as theres an element of RNG involved, and the pack cant be bought using in game currency, so its a complete and utter cash grab.

Gears of war 4 is also rotten with them, and while its a great game, it seems like they spend more time releasing skins than fixing bugs or adding features.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

qrx wrote: »

I can see a possible purchase of the Hitman IP by Xbox so they can use it has one of their first Game Pass episodic games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played tokyo 42?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mike Ybarra shared a photo of the Scorpio Processor yesterday. Looks shweet! Can anyone get the QR code to work?

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/869985791832870912

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Mike Ybarra shared a photo of the Scorpio Processor yesterday. Looks shweet! Can anyone get the QR code to work?

i believe thats a Data Matrix not a qr code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i think i have fallen out of love with xbox the last few months i have barely played anything on it seem to be more intrested in the pc and switch

threes nothing to attract me to it I'm hoping for a great e3 but i'm not holding my breath either

E3 teasers starting to appear

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0PeZcspw2cs

i tell ye one thing lads, I hope E3 gives us all we're hoping for and more, cause just from my own casual observations, this place (boards xbox section) is gone as dead as a dodo.

maybe we should relaunch the xbox vs ps4 thread, it was always pretty good at drumming up a bit of reasoned, well thought out debate :eek:

• Advertisement

i tell ye one thing lads, I hope E3 gives us all we're hoping for and more, cause just from my own casual observations, this place (boards xbox section) is gone as dead as a dodo.

maybe we should relaunch the xbox vs ps4 thread, it was always pretty good at drumming up a bit of reasoned, well thought out debate :eek:
    Come on... who threw that?
    No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. Even, and I want to make this perfectly clear ... Even if they do say PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Lads, is the rte player not on Xbox one? Am nearly sure I had it on 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My Xbox one just powered off and won't power back on even after unplugging the power from the console and power block :(

GBX wrote: »
    My Xbox one just powered off and won't power back on even after unplugging the power from the console and power block :(
    Is there a light on the power supply when plugged in?

Is there a light on the power supply when plugged in?

It lights up briefly but doesn't stay on

It lights up briefly but doesn't stay on

Do you have your console set to instant on or power saving mode?

Do you have your console set to instant on or power saving mode?

Yeah.. would that not set itself after unplugging it ?

Yeah.. would that not set itself after unplugging it ?
    Could it have been installing an update when you unplugged it?

Could it have been installing an update when you unplugged it?

That I'm not sure of as my nephew was playing it when it powered down :confused:

That I'm not sure of as my nephew was playing it when it powered down :confused:
    If he was playing it at the time its unlikely it powered down to update the console.

Is the console turning on at all now? even for a few seconds.

• Advertisement

No, the most I'm getting is the orange light on the power block then nothing. Nothing from the console itself.

No, the most I'm getting is the orange light on the power block then nothing. Nothing from the console itself.

Can you borrow a Power supply from someone to see if its the power supply or the console thats not working.

For those not watching E3.

Scorpio will be called Xbox ONE X and releases November 7th.

$499 so probably €499.

Comes with 1TB HDD.

eb216be6-143e-4424-96cd-d661435eb100._SR970,300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No mention of Freesync 2 or is that even a thing.

I suppose they never mentioned it as there is no Freesync 2 Tv's. A 4K Tv with true HDR is all you really need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No mention of Freesync 2 or is that even a thing.

I suppose they never mentioned it as there is no Freesync 2 Tv's. A 4K Tv with true HDR is all you really need.

It's a thing, but as you say, there's no TV's out there with it.

All the PC guys swear by Gsync, which is essentially the same tech, they say it's the kind of feature that once you have it, it ruins all other monitors afterwards, so it seems to be great.

CatInABox wrote: »
    All the PC guys swear by Gsync, which is essentially the same tech, they say it's the kind of feature that once you have it, it ruins all other monitors afterwards, so it seems to be great.

They'd swear by FREESYNC too if AMD would hurry up and start being competitive again :rolleyes:

Few close up pics of the XB1X

juBIRmk.png?1

GMT2UmF.jpg?1

Hello from Seatlle on the right side of the console:
    efNwigU.png?1

rM58SVi.jpg?1

wEPWeK3.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No elite controller packaged :(

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    GMT2UmF.jpg?1

Nice shot, shows the controller 'towering' prefer the box, shows how small the X really is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement