Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

On subject to of travel, I know Xbox one games are region free, but if I buy in the US, will any additional dlc be available to buy online when I get home? Thanks.

Yup, everything Xbox One game related is region free. There's even a thread on here for deals spotted in foreign regions, sometimes there's great deals due to currency exchange rates that you can take advantage of.

The actual process of doing so though, isn't allowed to be discussed on boards, due to fake addresses almost always being required.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gotthebug wrote: »
    Heading to Switzerland for three weeks with work wondering if I bring my Xbox one will I just be able to plug it in with an adapter would it work away

Switzerland uses 230v so you will be fine unless you have a 110v power brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yup, everything Xbox One game related is region free. There's even a thread on here for deals spotted in foreign regions, sometimes there's great deals due to currency exchange rates that you can take advantage of.

The actual process of doing so though, isn't allowed to be discussed on boards, due to fake addresses almost always being required.

Perfect, thanks. Just used to Nintendo shenanigans that I'm always a bit wary.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seven games being added to Xbox Game Pass this July are:

Gaucalmelee
    The Flame in the Flood
    Resident Evil 6
    Dead Island: Definitive Edition
    F1 2015
    Monaco (X360)
    Bard's Gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Didn't you get a free upgrade when you got the xbone that's what I did anyway. Deffo the worst COD over the past few iterations although didn't get the last one.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

A lot of people in the comments section thought it was PS4 gameplay footage of Anthem.

Very naughty of Playstation taking XB1X gameplay footage of what looks to be one of the best looking games of 2018 and pawing it off has PS4 gameplay.

I have avoided Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 as I have no time to invest in massive open world games. But I just can't pass on the current offers (approx. €8 each in Russian store), even if I only get a 10-20 hours it'll be worth it at that price.

Question is, which one would people recommend? Definitely not both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

qrx wrote: »
    I have avoided Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 as I have no time to invest in massive open world games. But I just can't pass on the current offers (approx. €8 each in Russian store), even if I only get a 10-20 hours it'll be worth it at that price.

Witcher 3 for my money

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Witcher 3 hands down, if you've played one bethesda rpg you've played them all. Witcher 3 genuinely ****s on every other open world rpg (Zelda is for kids, there I said it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Witcher 3 hands down, if you've played one bethesda rpg you've played them all. Witcher 3 genuinely ****s on every other open world rpg (Zelda is for kids, there I said it).

+1 to this.

I've only finished the base game but its phenomenal. Oddly enough, the game I'm most looking forward to playing on the xbox one x is the expansion packs :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

+1 to this.

I've only finished the base game but its phenomenal. Oddly enough, the game I'm most looking forward to playing on the xbox one x is the expansion packs :D

Yeah, I bought the expansion packs when they were on sale but will probably wait to play them on the X now. (I could get it on PC but don't fancy playing through the whole things again jsut yet).

Thanks guys, pretty much confirmed what I was thinking :) Scorpio upgrades are an added bonus.

Thanks guys, pretty much confirmed what I was thinking :) Scorpio upgrades are an added bonus.

afaik, the complete edition is only a couple of euro more expensive than the base game, so definitely worth the extra few bob.

Damn, been a while since I've done this but seems you can't buy foreign gift cards anymore :( They are checking the region of your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Has there been any news about pre-ordering an Xbox One X?

Gizmo55 wrote: »

I believe Phil Spencer made some comment about it recently, saying they'll have further information to be announced soon, possibly concerning bundles, but I'm thinking it'll be more along the lines of a month or two of free game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

qrx wrote:
    Damn, been a while since I've done this but seems you can't buy foreign gift cards anymore They are checking the region of your credit card.

So don't buy from Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Gizmo55 wrote: »

won't be available until after Gamescom apparently so end of August start of September

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gamestop UK just have a mailing list option if you want to get info on preordering when info comes available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Just noticed that in My Games and Apps in the drop down menu when you select which games you want to view it gives you All, Xbox One Games and Xbox360 & Xbox games.
    So I'm guessing the original Xbox games cause I could have sworn the option before was just Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just noticed that in My Games and Apps in the drop down menu when you select which games you want to view it gives you All, Xbox One Games and Xbox360 & Xbox games.
    So I'm guessing the original Xbox games cause I could have sworn the option before was just Xbox 360
    Yep, it seems (in the early builds at least) that they're going to lump the 360 and OG Xbox games together.

They're not expecting a huge amount of OG games to be available, because of rights and legal issues, so they're probably going to leave it that way for now rather than give a whole section to a handful of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Yep, it seems (in the early builds at least) that they're going to lump the 360 and OG Xbox games together.

They're not expecting a huge amount of OG games to be available, because of rights and legal issues, so they're probably going to leave it that way for now rather than give a whole section to a handful of games.

Was there a marketplace/digital games on the original? Money for old rope if not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bought a few games in the sale but been thinking of buying 7 days to die for a while now, anyone have it and is it worth buyout buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

really irritating, my live is up tomorrow. so bought 12mths on cdkeys, but cant add it as you can't stack live anymore. so have to wait now till it runs out. why did the remove the option for stacking.

gmg678 wrote: »
    really irritating, my live is up tomorrow. so bought 12mths on cdkeys, but cant add it as you can't stack live anymore. so have to wait now till it runs out. why did the remove the option for stacking.

that must only have been changed recently, I stacked one onto mine only last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Digital Foundry got there hands on some One X benchmarks:

Revealed: Microsoft's Xbox One X benchmarks

wes wrote: »

Checkerboarding and using spare resources for finer detail and texture seems to be the way to go. Not sure why checkerboarding gets such criticism. something that gives you 4K but with a fraction of resources as opposed to native and hogging all the resources. for something the human eye cannot distinguish. I'm sure I'm probably missing something but definitely if I see checkerboarding on a games spec I'd be happy knowing it's because the resources are being better used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

wes wrote: »

Thats a serious benchmark on Forza 7.

91 FPS at native 4K and when they lock the frame rate to 60 fps the GPU is only at 65% load.

I'll have to buy Forza. It looks amazing however I will have to learn to move around the track without using other players cars as my brakes in sharp turns :D

• Advertisement

Thats a serious benchmark on Forza 7.

91 FPS at native 4K and when they lock the frame rate to 60 fps the GPU is only at 65% load.

I'll have to buy Forza. It looks amazing however I will have to learn to move around the track without using other players cars as my brakes in sharp turns :D
    I wonder why they don't push it a bit more seeing as it's only using 65%. Or is it just an early benchmark? Actually, I think he mentioned just that in the vid. So could we possibly see it looking even better than the E3 demo?

I'd love to see some benchmarks for the patches to existing games. If I was to buy another Forza I'd be more interested in FH3, which is going to have a patch. Also, having just started Witcher 3 I'm really interested in what they come out with. I should be about 1/4 of the way through it by the time the X is out :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement