Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

qrx wrote: »
    I wonder why they don't push it a bit more seeing as it's only using 65%. Or is it just an early benchmark? Actually, I think he mentioned just that in the vid. So could we possibly see it looking even better than the E3 demo?

I'd love to see some benchmarks for the patches to existing games. If I was to buy another Forza I'd be more interested in FH3, which is going to have a patch. Also, having just started Witcher 3 I'm really interested in what they come out with. I should be about 1/4 of the way through it by the time the X is out :)

presumably they'll only push it to a point where it'll still run at an acceptable rate on the standard xbox one and one s. That being said, all the forza games are very well optimised, Horizon 2 & 3 are incredible looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wonder why they don't push it a bit more seeing as it's only using 65%. Or is it just an early benchmark? Actually, I think he mentioned just that in the vid. So could we possibly see it looking even better than the E3 demo?

I'd love to see some benchmarks for the patches to existing games. If I was to buy another Forza I'd be more interested in FH3, which is going to have a patch. Also, having just started Witcher 3 I'm really interested in what they come out with. I should be about 1/4 of the way through it by the time the X is out :)
    They will be putting the remaining overhead into polishing the game. These benchmarks are from a good while back. At least a few months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I wonder why they don't push it a bit more seeing as it's only using 65%. Or is it just an early benchmark?

It's an early benchmark. All those benchmarks are from games that have been ported to the Xbox One X with zero optimisation, i.e. they're just Xbox One games with the resolution bumped to 4K. It's not using 4K assets like textures or anything, so once you add all those in, that 65% will go up a fair bit.

There's also no optimisation going on either, i.e. they haven't taken account of the fact that ESRAM isn't used anymore, the new customisations built into the CPU/GPU haven't been used yet, etc.

It's an interesting set of bench marks, and while it illuminating, it won't mean much until we see the benchmarks once they're using the 4K assets and they've had a chance to optimise.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

A 70 GB update to play call of duty modern warfare
    That's just taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Something wrong with my Xbox the last few days. It won't connect to Xbox live.

Keeps reading 'can't find the ip address'

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tilikum wrote: »
    Something wrong with my Xbox the last few days. It won't connect to Xbox live.

Keeps reading 'can't find the ip address'

You tried manually setting the ip, gateway etc. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You tried manually setting the ip, gateway etc. ?

Just googled it. Thanks. Strange how it's only started to go to sh1t in the last 2 days.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tilikum wrote: »
    Just googled it. Thanks. Strange how it's only started to go to sh1t in the last 2 days.

Simplest explanation might be an IP conflict on your wifi network.

Gifting games is coming shortly to the Xbox store.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/883109437321297920

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Loads of Halo news came out yesterday:

Halo 5 getting a 4K update with the release of the Xbox One X
    All Xbox 360 Halo games are going back compatible.
    All DLC for those games are also going free.

See here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Just watched a 20 min gameplay of Assassins Origins in 4k. Looks absolutely stunning and I'm assuming YouTube doesn't stream hdr so actually game is going to be even better :) I don't have a link I just searched for it on the youtube app on my tv. Gameplay looks great too. Believe it or not I haven't played an assassins game since the first one. Looking forward to this one :)
    there's a bit where he dives into the sea and get attacked by a hippo! A real wow moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

can you plug an external hardrive with games on it between two xbox ones. I have 2at home and space is becoming an issue. so thinking I will transfer all single player games onto the external and just move it between the 2. is it possible to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

gmg678 wrote: »
    can you plug an external hardrive with games on it between two xbox ones. I have 2at home and space is becoming an issue. so thinking I will transfer all single player games onto the external and just move it between the 2. is it possible to do?

Yep. You'll just get a message saying something along the lines of "just getting your game ready" whenever you boot a game for the first time on that console.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Yep. You'll just get a message saying something along the lines of "just getting your game ready" whenever you boot a game for the first time on that console.

Yeah, so long as you log in with your account, then they'll work.

CatInABox wrote: »
    pcadhain wrote: »

Yeah, so long as you log in with your account, then they'll work.
    with the home console. Can other members of the house login with there account, or does mine need to logged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

They can login with their account, as long as yours is set as the home on that xbox, they will have access to Live and the games you downloaded.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/889343117156950017

Xbox One X preorders will open soon, apparently.

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/889343117156950017

Xbox One X preorders will open soon, apparently.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Why does my xbox not update itself. Had a few updates in last few weeks. Have it set to always on a auto update.

Another issue is i cant get the gold360 ganes thru console. When i get to confirm nothing happens

Another issue is i cant get the gold360 ganes thru console. When i get to confirm nothing happens

Do you have a payment method linked to your account? credit/debit card or Paypal, etc.

• Advertisement

Do you have a payment method linked to your account? credit/debit card or Paypal, etc.

Yep. Only a recent thing last two months or so.

Are you on a preview build of the operating system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

if you go to 'my games and apps', are they in your 'ready to install' section?

if you go to 'my games and apps', are they in your 'ready to install' section?

Il check after work usually i just go to webiste.

Not on any preview build afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I've not really been keeping up with this thread so this may have already been answered. I've been seeing rumours about Crash Bandicoot coming to the xbox one, has anyone seen any reputable sources say this? I've no idea whice are good or bad sources when I google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've not really been keeping up with this thread so this may have already been answered. I've been seeing rumours about Crash Bandicoot coming to the xbox one, has anyone seen any reputable sources say this? I've no idea whice are good or bad sources when I google it!

It's looking likely from Sony's refusal to confirm it as an exclusive alone

Also had some retailers list it with december release dates, and there was a video came out in the last week of footage of gameplay with Xbox controller prompts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I really, really, really hope it does come out on the Xbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

You've got to wonder though, if it is coming to xbox then why all the secrecy?

You've got to wonder though, if it is coming to xbox then why all the secrecy?
    I would they are waiting for Gamescom to announce it. have a big announcement about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seems like Spotify is finally coming to Xbox One, hurrah!

The PS4 integration of it is brilliant, hopefully it works just as well and easy background playback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement