Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

qrx wrote: »
    You've got to wonder though, if it is coming to xbox then why all the secrecy?

Same thing happened with Rocket League, it's being advertised as an exclusive for now so they have to stay tight lipped but it likely will come to xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is anyone else getting impatient that we cant preorder the one X yet or is it just me? I'm only waiting for the inevitable bill or fee that I hadn't counted on to scupper my nest egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Same thing happened with Rocket League, it's being advertised as an exclusive for now so they have to stay tight lipped but it likely will come to xbox.

Does this mean that it was meant to be an exclusive and they have gone back on it? Otherwise it would have been a timed exclusive surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Timed exclusive from the offset I'd day, it has been a pretty huge seller so can see why Sony wouldn't want it known yet [/tinfoil]

Is anyone else getting impatient that we cant preorder the one X yet or is it just me? I'm only waiting for the inevitable bill or fee that I hadn't counted on to scupper my nest egg.

I'm hoping on being able to walk into a shop and buy one. Don't really feel the need to preorder, I'd be surprised if this sells out unless they anticipate low demand and only import what has been preordered. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if I hav to wait. I'll probably just pick it up some Friday when I get the urge. Tbh, that urge will come from a game that I just have to play on the big TV in 4K rather than an urge to own the new hardware, so it could be a while by the looks of it. I'm well on my way in Witcher 3 now so maybe if the 4K patch gets raving reviews I might pick it up for that. It's not a game that's all about the graphics though so I don't expect the 4K patch to be a must have.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Timed exclusive from the offset I'd day, it has been a pretty huge seller so can see why Sony wouldn't want it known yet [/tinfoil]

These sneaky goings on in the boardroom put me right off. As if PS4 owners are going to say, oooh it's coming to Xbox I'll wait for that version instead.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

These sneaky goings on in the boardroom put me right off. As if PS4 owners are going to say, oooh it's coming to Xbox I'll wait for that version instead.

It's standard enough practice, look at most of the xbox "exclusives" announced at E3. There was no clear word whether Rise of the Tomb Raider was a timed exclusive or not for the announcement too. it makes sense from a marketing perspective.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's standard enough practice, look at most of the xbox "exclusives" announced at E3. There was no clear word whether Rise of the Tomb Raider was a timed exclusive or not for a while after launch too. it makes sense from a marketing perspective.
    I thought Xbox were very clear what was a timed exclusive, they had a name for it I can't remember exactly something like "console first exclusive". Rise of Tomb Raider also was always 12 month exclusive, maybe not during development but definitely once it was out that was pretty clear.

Crash bandicoot is out now and a number 1 seller. You think they'd be letting people know good news it's coming to other platforms. Clearly, if it's true, they are not allowed reveal it. They've even taken down content that hints at it, so all makes me think some dodgy boardroom shenanigans going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Would anyone buy €5 XBL credit for €5? :pac:

I've a fiver credit in my phone and can buy off that gamecredit website but only have a PS myself and they only do €20 PSN. I know it's only a fiver but at the end of every month I forgets to top up on time and my remaining credit gets taken by three for data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Desperately needed, the youtube background player is a laggy crashing piece of crap!

Wonder will the standard sub suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Would anyone buy €5 XBL credit for €5? :pac:

I've a fiver credit in my phone and can buy off that gamecredit website but only have a PS myself and they only do €20 PSN. I know it's only a fiver but at the end of every month I forgets to top up on time and my remaining credit gets taken by three for data.

Swap for an old shirt and half eaten packet of crisps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Swap for an old shirt and half eaten packet of crisps :pac:

What flavour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What flavour :pac:

Smokey bacon. Only two years old hardly ever used.

Just an average day on adverts.ie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking at getting Forza 3 , is worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

To be blunt: 100% Yes

only if you want to play one of the best racing games ever made. otherwise, no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

maximoose wrote: »
    To be blunt: 100% Yes
    only if you want to play one of the best racing games ever made. otherwise, no.

Sold!

Sold!

if you can buy the one with the season pass I'd recommend it. the first add on introduces a snow capped mountain area, and the next one is a completely bonkers hot wheels expansion complete with the orange tracks, ramps and crash junctions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

if you can buy the one with the season pass I'd recommend it. the first add on introduces a snow capped mountain area, and the next one is a completely bonkers hot wheels expansion complete with the orange tracks, ramps and crash junctions.

There is no season pass for Horizon 3. There's a Car Pass, which gives you 6 add-on packs of 7 cars each, and the one you're referring to is called Expansion Pass.

The former was bundled with the game, but the latter can only be acquired as an add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have a FH3 thread here if you want to post in it :)

Remember it's a Play Anywhere game too so if you get it digital you can also play it on your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Think I'm done with big game titles. Just don't feel them anymore. Anyone got any good indie titles? I heard life is strange is amazing!

Hello Neighbor is an upcoming indie title I'm really looking forward to. It's great fun with a bit of a challenge if you like that sort of thing. Basically you have to break into your neighbours house, explore it and solve puzzles and unlock doors. All while trying not to be detected by the scary neighbour. The neighbour uses fairly intelligent AI. When you get caught he figures out how you got to that point and blocks off access and lays traps so each attempt you have to figure out a new way of getting in and evading him. Oh and the house is not your average house, it's got all sorts of weird and wacky stuff to explore :)

http://www.helloneighborgame.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Hello Neighbor is an upcoming indie title I'm really looking forward to. It's great fun with a bit of a challenge if you like that sort of thing. Basically you have to break into your neighbours house, explore it and solve puzzles and unlock doors. All while trying not to be detected by the scary neighbour. The neighbour uses fairly intelligent AI. When you get caught he figures out how you got to that point and blocks off access and lays traps so each attempt you have to figure out a new way of getting in and evading him. Oh and the house is not your average house, it's got all sorts of weird and wacky stuff to explore :)

http://www.helloneighborgame.com/

i seen that showed off at e3 looked like fun but the AI wasn't great hopefully that was just an early build

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i seen that showed off at e3 looked like fun but the AI wasn't great hopefully that was just an early build
    There's been a good few alpha releases with lots of progression and improvements. It's in beta at the moment. It looks very much like an indie title I wouldn't go in with your expectations too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

My nephew loves watching Hello Neighbour being played on Youtube, looks interested and I might give it a go.

I purchased Dead by Dawn 2 days ago, its almost like Friday the 13th, fun to play but the only downside is that you cant invite friends into a game though the developers have said they are working on an update that will allow you to invite them.
    There is an option to play a killer with friends or survivor with friends but you have to have 5 players in total to do that otherwise you have to join random lobbys.

There's a Michael Myers dlc available on the PC version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Spotify Launching today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement