Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And Spotify connect confirmed - beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It's not in the store anyway yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

Spotify is coming. Anyone able to download yet?
    https://majornelson.com/2017/08/08/spotify-comes-to-xbox-one/

I downloaded it lastnight - switched region to US and it's featured in the App section of the store

You can search "Spotify for Xbox" in the browser and download it from the store that way too apparently

And the app works a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Maybe I'm missing something but why would you want Spotify on your Xbox? Genuine question as if I wanted to listen to music, I'd just stream from my phone to a decent Bluetooth speaker....even if you listen to music through a soundbar from the TV, most modern soundbars have bluetooth so no need for the hassle of cranking up the xbox......just curious....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but why would you want Spotify on your Xbox? Genuine question as if I wanted to listen to music, I'd just stream from my phone to a decent Bluetooth speaker....even if you listen to music through a soundbar from the TV, most modern soundbars have bluetooth so no need for the hassle of cranking up the xbox......just curious....

You can play it in the background while you play a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

MarcusP12 wrote: »

It's more useful if you are wearing headphones I suppose. Or if you don't have a separate Bluetooth speaker. But it has a greater advantage if developers make use of it. FH3 integrates Groove into the game. It's a channel on the car radio. It just means the music doesn't interfere with the game like washing out speech. Hopefully they'll also add Spotify for future sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Inviere

Is anyone having issues with Xbox.com, specifically, redeeming a code? When I input the code I get auto redirected to Xbox.com to redeem it, but the redeem window won't load, just sits at a spinning green circle. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox, & Edge...all with addons disabled :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Inviere wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with Xbox.com, specifically, redeeming a code? When I input the code I get auto redirected to Xbox.com to redeem it, but the redeem window won't load, just sits at a spinning green circle. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox, & Edge...all with addons disabled :confused:

Try on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Inviere

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Try on the app?

Worked on the console there, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Seems that spotify it having some teething issues. Can't download it as saying "not available". Even hope across the water.

What's the craic with Spotify. It's in the store but I can't download it. Says it's has to be installed on your internal hard drive so I removed my external and set it to the internal as primary storage. Still won't download?? Help!!!

gmg678 wrote: »
    Seems that spotify it having some teething issues. Can't download it as saying "not available". Even hope across the water.

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I downloaded Spotify there without any issues, external attached as primary storage, installed on internal by itself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

only if you want to play one of the best racing games ever made. otherwise, no.
    maximoose wrote: »
    To be blunt: 100% Yes

Ye were both right :D Fantastic game, also started dead rising 4 over the weekend and that's alot of fun too!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

So got spotify to download. Can listen. But once i go to games or home. Its stops playing. I am in the preview program if that ia an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love my XBOX ONE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any good xbox/gaming related podcasts out there worth getting into?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Any good xbox/gaming related podcasts out there worth getting into?

Depends on whether you want just the news, laughs or bit more academic. The ones i like:

Overall i'd always recommend the Giant Bombcast for good games discussion, humour and not getting too heavy. They cover a lot of areas and have really solid chemistry. Same for their sister podcast the Giant Beastcast.

Waypoint Radio is great if you like a more politics and critical journalism related content.

Idle Thumbs tend to get distracted but know what they're talking about, podcast isn't as good recently unfortunately.

IGN, Polygon and most of the larger outlets have their own ones too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of picking up the forza 3 add ons and logged on too see there is a sale on add ons :D got the season pass for 17 :D.

• Advertisement

Well worth it too - Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels are great expansions!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Crackdown 3 just got pushed to 2018. Hilarious.

The Xbox One X is going to launch in a few months, relying almost solely on third party games to make the case for it.

CatInABox wrote: »

The Xbox One X is going to launch in a few months, relying almost solely on third party games to make the case for it.

Their are polishing a turd at this stage.

• CatInABox wrote: »

I nearly go as far as saying getting embarrassing at this stage.
    Huge blow for Microsofts launch of the One X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »

They're going to have to pitch a serious deal at gamescom to sell this now. It's not a game I was overly interested in anyway, but it definitely hurts the lineup massively

Just got an email from Amazon, One X Pre Order annoucment live on twitch and mixer on 20/08 at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭dunworth1

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I nearly go as far as saying getting embarrassing at this stage.
    Huge blow for Microsofts launch of the One X

totally Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Crackdown 3 being delayed is a major blow to the XB1X however there is a tonne of games coming out around its launch.

Still have Playerunknown's Battlegrounds coming for Xbox this year and that is going to be a major seller for Xbox. They better make sure that doesn't get delayed.

Whats the catch with Spotify???? It's basically free music with an ad for Spotify premium every 10 songs or so. I'm guessing if you live in the US you'd hear more ads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Whats the catch with Spotify???? It's basically free music with an ad for Spotify premium every 10 songs or so. I'm guessing if you live in the US you'd hear more ads?

That and you can't listen to music in the order you want. It's on shuffle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement