Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That and you can't listen to music in the order you want. It's on shuffle.

It's played songs in order for me maybe you have shuffle on? pull down on the left stick twice and turn shuffle off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's played songs in order for me maybe you have shuffle on? pull down on the left stick twice and turn shuffle off.

If you don't have premium I think you are stuck with shuffling? And limited to a number of skips

Check out this thread if you are thinking about signing up for premium, saves a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I dont have premium and I am able to play the songs in order that I choose them as well as shuffling.
    Just tried it there to see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Maybe the Xbox app is different but that's how Spotify works on Android afaik

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, Gamescon this weekend. Watch the live stream on Mixer to possibly win prizes is the word so far, not sure if it's like the E3 one where you just had to watch the channel, or if it's competitions where you have to click a button.

In other news, I now have to decide between an Xbox One X, or a "Project Scorpio"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    So, Gamescon this weekend. Watch the live stream on Mixer to possibly win prizes is the word so far, not sure if it's like the E3 one where you just had to watch the channel, or if it's competitions where you have to click a button.

In other news, I now have to decide between an Xbox One X, or a "Project Scorpio"

I'd buy the Scorpio one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd buy the Scorpio one :)

I think the One X looks better. I don't like that textured top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Their are polishing a turd at this stage.

But you know they'll still try to roll it in glitter :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

R75mTJCl.jpg

The retail box screams original Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

A special edition console had better not be their big surprise :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I’m a sucker for special editions so I may be looking at getting the Project Scorpio edition even though I talked myself out of not buying the One X at launch. Damn you lack of willpower! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their Xbox One or if they have any ideas how to sort it.

It's an original Xbox one and was working fine last week but when I put it on yesterday it stalled on the green Xbox one loading screen with a lighter green light pulsing across the bottom of the screen.

When it eventually opened the dashboard it was completely blank and when I logged into my account it was saying I wasn't connected to the internet. Tested the connection and it said that everything was fine but I still had the blank dashboard. Messed about with it for a while to no avail before switching it off and using a wired connection. That worked last night but this morning I am back to the blank dashboard and it saying I am not connected to the internet.

Had a look online on the Xbox forums and Reddit but can't find any solutions. Anyone come across anything similar or got any ideas what could be causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Skyte

Their new dashboard is unbelievably horrible I wouldn't be surprised if its chock full of bugs too are you on the new dashboard UI?

I've no idea tbh. I'm not in any of the beta/preview programmes so would be on whatever version was in the last update.

My son has a One S which appears to be working fine, which I would guess has the same dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I've no idea tbh. I'm not in any of the beta/preview programmes so would be on whatever version was in the last update.

My son has a One S which appears to be working fine, which I would guess has the same dashboard.
    That wont be the new UI then. The new UI is only in alpha at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their Xbox One or if they have any ideas how to sort it.

It's an original Xbox one and was working fine last week but when I put it on yesterday it stalled on the green Xbox one loading screen with a lighter green light pulsing across the bottom of the screen.

When it eventually opened the dashboard it was completely blank and when I logged into my account it was saying I wasn't connected to the internet. Tested the connection and it said that everything was fine but I still had the blank dashboard. Messed about with it for a while to no avail before switching it off and using a wired connection. That worked last night but this morning I am back to the blank dashboard and it saying I am not connected to the internet.

Had a look online on the Xbox forums and Reddit but can't find any solutions. Anyone come across anything similar or got any ideas what could be causing it?

Did you try a hard reset? Hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Its the Xbox equivalent of blowing into a Nintendo cartridge :D

Did you try a hard reset? Hold the power button for 10 seconds.

Its the Xbox equivalent of blowing into a Nintendo cartridge :D

Tried it, nothing. It won't even allow me open the settings to do a factory reset.

A special edition console had better not be their big surprise :(

Well, they said a cool surprise, not a big surprise...... A special edition is cool, right??? Right???

And now a Minecraft Xbox One S. Looks pretty cool actually.

The verge has it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Hasn't total Minecraft saturation point already been reached? Would people really want this?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Hasn't total Minecraft saturation point already been reached? Would people really want this?

It has not, still massive, still growing, but not as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Minecraft is still huge for kids. Could be worse, I guess.

Just to remind everyone, the stream starts in about two hours, make sure to log into Mixer with your Microsoft Account linked to it(here's a quick guide), and then just view the conference on mixer.com/xbox

The rewards this time have been revealed as DLC, so no free games this time, but free DLC is free DLC, might as well get it if it's going.

EDIT: Also, you should be able to just log in now, go to the xbox channel, mute it, and you'll get your mixpot even if you don't "watch" it. I'm pretty sure anyway.

qrx wrote: »
    Anyone know how to find the official stream on the mobile app?

Search for "xbox"

Free DLC, don't think I play any of the ones mentioned.

Free DLC, don't think I play any of the ones mentioned.

World of tanks, Battle Isle and one other that I don't remember. Ah well, can't turn down free anyway.

Microsoft is PUBG publisher on console, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mixer keeps ****ting itself

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mixer keeps ****ting itself

It's better on my laptop.

• Advertisement

Lucky that Recore upgrade is free for existing owners or the internet would have exploded given we got an unfinished game last year and it's taken until now to fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement