Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Has the main event started yet or is this it?

Recore definitive edition. Really?

Jurrasic park game looks like it could be fun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Has the main event started yet or is this it?

Recore definitive edition. Really?

Jurrasic park game looks like it could be fun

This is it. Gamescom has never been a massive conference, just more updates and reveals of games that couldn't make E3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Kinda embarrassing that Mixer can't handle even 10000 people looking at a stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Being able to transfer games from the xb1 to scorpio over the network is a very nice feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Kinda embarrassing that Mixer can't handle even 10000 people looking at a stream.

It's been fine for me, too bad that the conference itself is so bad.

'vell vot can we play zis holiday on our xbox?'

'uh, zoo tycoon, an Xbox one launch title from 4 years ago. Enhanced in 4K of course'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Don't know why people were expecting E3.5

Not trying to be contentious, but the bright mode in the xbox dashboard is my favourite announcement so far (maybe because everything else leaked). I have an OLED that tends to suffer slight screen burn thats only visible on the specific shade of grey on the current dashboard.

Design Lab finally available in Ireland!

pcadhain wrote: »
    Not trying to be contentious, but the bright mode in the xbox dashboard is my favourite announcement so far (maybe because everything else leaked). I have an OLED that tends to suffer slight screen burn thats only visible on the specific shade of grey on the current dashboard.

I love the look of the white guide, but not the white home screen. Hopefully they can be set separately.

Oh they need to bring custom start up sounds for all !!!!! I'd go with Borderlands Steve, "Hey, Yoooooooooooo!!!!!!"

That Minecraft edition XB1, particularly the transparent back with the redstone is insanely cool!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Has been up on Smyths on preorder for a bit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I stuck in am order because I'd like the Scorpio edition. Might change my mind and end up waiting until after Christmas though

McDermotX wrote: »

Do they not take payment straight away though?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

McDermotX wrote: »

What's the story with payment with pre-orders from Smyths?
    Do they take a deposit or full payment up front if you pre-order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Pre-ordered the scorpio edition at Smyths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do they not take payment straight away though?

No idea mate.....if they don't take payment right away, I would imagine they place a hold on that amount to verify ahead of time. Maybe someone else can clarify.
    Not bothered myself, but it's been up there the last couple hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Smyths charge you when you pick up the item in store.
    If it's a delivery, they charge you before dispatch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I went with gamestop myself as their store is waaaay closer. €100 deposit :/

wexdevil wrote: »
    I went with gamestop myself as their store is waaaay closer. €100 deposit :/

Really? That's a bit steep.

Really? That's a bit steep.

That's through the website, might be less instore.

wexdevil wrote: »
    That's through the website, might be less instore.

Ah didn't see it on the website. They charging €500 as well? I went with Amazon because you won't have any problems if there's any problems.

Went with Amazon myself, I guess we'll all be rocking the Scorpio model.

Yeah €499.99

CatInABox wrote: »
    Went with Amazon myself, I guess we'll all be rocking the Scorpio model.

We'd all be better waiting until after Christmas when some good deals pop up but let's be honest most of us just like new gaming stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Amazon aswell. Ill try Gamestop during the week if they have any left and can cancel my Amazon order. Probably be Wednesday before ill get in store. I rather pick up in store launch day that through the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Ah didn't see it on the website. They charging €500 as well? I went with Amazon because you won't have any problems if there's any problems.

Also Amazon, £449.99 with prime to Parcel Motel, can always cancel if i want.

• Advertisement

eamo22 wrote: »
    Amazon aswell. Ill try Gamestop during the week if they have any left and can cancel my Amazon order. Probably be Wednesday before ill get in store. I rather pick up in store launch day that through the post.

You can do click and collect in your local store on the website btw.

(thats what I did)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement