Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I must be mad, cause I'm thoroughly underwhelmed.

preordered through smyths. card not charged, and wont be until I pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

wexdevil wrote: »
    You can do click and collect in your local store on the website btw.

(thats what I did)

Didnt know that. Cheers going to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Went with Gamestop. Link here (for some reason the actual Xbox One X page is just an email sign up page still). Delivered by courier with tracking so happy out with that. They've almost always delivered a day early but with the release on a Tuesday, I don't see them dispatching it on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I must be mad, cause I'm thoroughly underwhelmed.

preordered through smyths. card not charged, and wont be until I pick it up.

Same and their emails state the same too
    As this is for a Pre-Order item that is not currently in stock, you will receive another email when your order is ready for dispatch from our warehouse.

No payment has been taken yet. As part of our Pre-Order price promise, if the price decreases between now and when your order is dispatched, you will be charged the lower price.

The estimated availability date is : 07 Nov 2017

Wouldn't lose sleep over a Scorpio Edition am I alone in thinking it's not different enough to the standard version ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wouldn't lose sleep over a Scorpio Edition am I alone in thinking it's not different enough to the standard version ?

Not too different. Xbox Scorpio wording is on the console and the controller. Some kind of pattern over the console also. It's ID number is also engraved onto the console.

It will hold more value than the standard Xbox One X because it's a proper limited edition.

This video shows all the detail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's also a proper limited edition as well, it's seemingly sold out in most places on the internet. Vastly different from the Day One edition of the Xbox One, which could be found in stores for months afterwards.

Just checked Amazon again there now and there gone. Everywhere else will probably be the same soon.

McDermotX wrote: »

My bad when I checked again I was checking the standard edition. Only checked as seen on twitter they were gone on amazon.com and amazon.de. Supposedly in a few minutes on the German site. Interesting to see how many scorpio editions they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Ordered from GameStop last night. The order form specifies Scorpio edition, but the email confirmation says just XB1X. Would be that one though, right?
    Paid 50 deposit, must pay 449.99 on collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ordered scorpio edition from Amazon - have to keep an eye out for TV bargains now

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

going to pop into smyths/gamestop after work to preorder it. should still have the Scorpio one I hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

figured all the scorpio models would be gone by today, but looked at smyths this morning and still available so order went in for collection.

mossym wrote: »
    figured all the scorpio models would be gone by today, but looked at smyths this morning and still available so order went in for collection.
    does smyths take the money when you order? or at collection?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gmg678 wrote: »

Haha, it's confirmed that they charge at collection about 6 posts ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

eamo22 wrote: »
    My bad when I checked again I was checking the standard edition. Only checked as seen on twitter they were gone on amazon.com and amazon.de. Supposedly in a few minutes on the German site. Interesting to see how many scorpio editions they are.

Eek. Had to quickly double check my preorder, it says Project Scorpio edition.

Microsoft Ireland still have the Scorpio Edition for pre-order (here), only charged when the item ships.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

collections as CIAB said...i wouldn't have bothered preordering otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

With these special pre-order editions you're basically branding your Xbox as first off the production line which to me is not a good thing.

But then again, I'm probably just envious because I'm not in a position to buy one just yet :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Wonder how much I can dump my perfectly serviceable Xbox One S for.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »

Haha, it's confirmed that they charge at collection about 6 posts ago.
    Eh you will find that it was about 11 posts ago :P

Eh you will find that it was about 11 posts ago :P

Yeah, I wasn't going to go counting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazon UK look to be sold out of both editions. Reading on Reddit Bestbuy and MS are too, didn't think demand would be that high

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Amazon UK look to be sold out of both editions. Reading on Reddit Bestbuy and MS are too, didn't think demand would be that high

Could be small numbers of the Scorpio available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

druss wrote: »
    Wonder how much I can dump my perfectly serviceable Xbox One S for.

Looks like CEX will you about €160 for a 500gb version!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Looks like CEX will you about €160 for a 500gb version!

I can get the Xbox One X for 410. So if I can sell a 1tb S for circa 180, I can almost justify it. Hmm. Of course prices for the S will probably plunge at launch of the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Still waiting for a reply from GameStop, I hope they're not idiots, nor pulling a fast one.
    The website still says you're pre-ordering the Scorpio Edition, until you look at the cart. From then on, they only say XBox One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

JoyPad wrote: »
    Still waiting for a reply from GameStop, I hope they're not idiots, nor pulling a fast one.
    The website still says you're pre-ordering the Scorpio Edition, until you look at the cart. From then on, they only say XBox One X.
    I asked them that on facebook after i ordered last night, they said its still the scorpio edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Gamestop... the last debacle seems like only yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

JoyPad wrote: »

I ordered last night online, went in today to pay a chunk of money off. asked the guy taking the money if it was the scorpio edition, he said it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement