Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cheers took the plunge and ordered Fifa 15 bundle, can pick up a kinect later, to be fair €399 for the console with Fifa is pretty good value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can never get them to work at all.

Run the setup again, I find that If I'm not directly in front of the sensor, they dont work (i.e. if im sitting at the far end of the couch as opposed to my usual spot)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Run the setup again, I find that If I'm not directly in front of the sensor, they dont work (i.e. if im sitting at the far end of the couch as opposed to my usual spot)

Cool thanks. Will try this evening.

Tbh, I never really use them anyway, at the start I thought I would, but between the voice commands and the controller, there just doesnt seem to be any need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, I find that I have to run it every once in a while anyway, seems like if it moves at all, then the calibration gets thrown off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Meh , most people would have got it free with gold anyway if they were interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

Meh , most people would have got it free with gold anyway if they were interested in it.

I think its more about the idea to test a "new" game for 24hrs. Would be great if Games for Gold would include the ability to test out brand new games for 24hrs before purchasing them.

if they bring in this feature it would make gold subscription even more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It was confirmed by Xbox support on Twitter that its a real program and what they are saying now is its definitely an error that it appeared the other day. I doubt it will be Games with Gold titles, that wouldn't make sense for Xbox Live subscribers. It will surely be other titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Has anybody ever pre ordered a game from Amazon, and had it delivered to their address in the republic? Want to pre order fifa15, but just not sure if it'll be delivered on the da when it's released in the shops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

dulux99 wrote: »
    Has anybody ever pre ordered a game from Amazon, and had it delivered to their address in the republic? Want to pre order fifa15, but just not sure if it'll be delivered on the da when it's released in the shops

Plenty of folks do this. Normally, it won't arrive on the day or release given the extra hops in postage it has to do, & it'll be sent standard post if you choose the free delivery option. I pre-ordered Watchdogs on the PS4 from them though & it arrived on release day, so it's always possible. Some folks use Parcel Motel too which seems to improve delivery speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Microsoft on Wednesday announced it will begin selling a standalone Kinect on Oct. 7 for $149, just in case you decide you want the motion sensor after all. To sweeten the deal, Microsoft is bundling the sensor with a digital download of Dance Central Spotlight, so you can start using it right away.

http://uk.pcmag.com/computer-console-gaming-products/35249/news/standalone-xbox-one-kinect-sensor-arrives-oct-7

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Microsoft on Wednesday announced it will begin selling a standalone Kinect on Oct. 7 for $149, just in case you decide you want the motion sensor after all. To sweeten the deal, Microsoft is bundling the sensor with a digital download of Dance Central Spotlight, so you can start using it right away.

http://uk.pcmag.com/computer-console-gaming-products/35249/news/standalone-xbox-one-kinect-sensor-arrives-oct-7

Isn't that a bit expensive? Initially it was supposed to be adding on an extra $100 to the price of the console. Yet they are charging 150 for it on its own?
    I know it comes with a game but still expensive in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Backfire wrote: »
    Isn't that a bit expensive? Initially it was supposed to be adding on an extra $100 to the price of the console. Yet they are charging 150 for it on its own?

Expensive in the fact you can buy it for €25 second hand from CeX (for now) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Think i'll go to cex tomorrow and buy a few spare Kinects.Just incase mine.....you know breaks!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Started playing COD ghosts and BF4 SP in the last week or 2. Both have been freezing on campaign. Any idea if its the OS not being stable or what? (all digital)

Lamposts wrote: »
    Started playing COD ghosts and BF4 SP in the last week or 2. Both have been freezing on campaign. Any idea if its the OS not being stable or what? (all digital)

Try fully powering off the console to see if that makes any difference.

Bit of an unusual issue this

The past two mornings, I've come downstairs to find my TV off and the Xbox one on. It was also on when i got home from work yesterday evening. I've it set up for fast resume, but I didnt have any downloads pushed from smartglass or anything. Anyone else experience this? I'm going to test it again tonight just in case I'm imagining that i turned it off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bit of an unusual issue this

The past two mornings, I've come downstairs to find my TV off and the Xbox one on. It was also on when i got home from work yesterday evening....

I seen that happen before in Paranormal Activity 4.

(sorry for not having a helpful reply)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Backfire wrote: »

They were subsidising it when packed in, if you look at the price of Kinect 2 for windows (around €200), that'll give the more accurate price unsubsidised.

Although €25 in CEX is a bargain, if you're tempted. Definite impulse buy territory.

• Advertisement

I personally find the kinect to be the most useless contraption ive ever owned, I wish I waited till it was on sale without it.

Kinect works great for me and I use it a lot for navigating around the OS.

All my games are digital so i really like using the voice commands to switch games as well as doing loads of other commands.

Kinect works great for me and I use it a lot for navigating around the OS.

All my games are digital so i really like using the voice commands to switch games as well as doing loads of other commands.

Fair enough, for that it's good I suppose. Maybe i'm not using it right, but the voice commands have never worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Works great for me too, I couldn't imagine using the xbox without it now!

I personally find the kinect to be the most useless contraption ive ever owned, I wish I waited till it was on sale without it.

I think you'd actually be mad to not pick up a kinect at cex for €25.
    I don't know anyone with a kinectless console, so I'm wondering, how is "record that" alone handled.

the record a clip feature alone makes it worth it IMO, just last night I managed to capture some cool stuff in Battlefield. its great.

Fair enough, for that it's good I suppose. Maybe i'm not using it right, but the voice commands have never worked for me.

It depends on accents. If you have a strong accent it definitely does not work great.

Try the calibration test in settings to get it to work better.

It depends on accents. If you have a strong accent it definitely does not work great.

Try the calibration test in settings to get it to work better.

Also download the voice studio app, and send the feedback to microsoft, they're obviously trying to optimise it so it'll understand everyone from city centre hoodlums to bog trotting culchies. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New game out today called "stick it to the man" had to search for it, had a look at some of the playstation footage looks ok and is only 7.99 ......... before you run off to check the US store it's 9.99 there so a saving of only 40c. Probably the first time I've seen them get the currency conversion right for $, €, and £

calex71 wrote: »
    New game out today called "stick it to the man" had to search for it, had a look at some of the playstation footage looks ok and is only 7.99 ......... before you run off to check the US store it's 9.99 there so a saving of only 40c. Probably the first time I've seen them get the currency conversion right for $, €, and £

reminds me of earthworm jim for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement