Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Got a reply on my ticket, very succinct:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.
    Your have ordered the Project Scorpio Edition, yes! :)

Here's hoping to a smooth transaction in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

JoyPad wrote: »
    Got a reply on my ticket, very succinct:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.
    Your have ordered the Project Scorpio Edition, yes! :)

Here's hoping to a smooth transaction in November!

Sold out now in Gamestop according to there twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

What's the difference between the Xbox one x and the scorpio edition?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tilikum wrote: »
    What's the difference between the Xbox one x and the scorpio edition?

Cosmetic only. A gradient on the top/side, Project Scorpio written on the front (Console and Controller), and a limited edition number on the front of the console.

The box is different too.

Oh, and it comes with a stand.

Of course, the other detail is that the standard model isn't up for preorder yet, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I assume that Smyths etc will do a midnight launch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

I don't really play games anymore. I used the Xbox one s for skygo and other movie apps.

I'm wondering would there be any point in me getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I don't really play games anymore. I used the Xbox one s for skygo and other movie apps.

Do you have the money for it ?.

Do you like sinny toys your never going to use?. This is the console for you.

Have like pre ordered. Don't need the thing and have no use for it but for the sake of getting one ha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If you're not getting it for the games, then an Xbox One S can already show 4K movie and tv content. The Xbox One X only makes sense for 4K games (and people that want the latest and greatest).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If that's all your using it for I'd say there's no point. Your One S will be more than adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rise of the Tomb Raider is getting an update for the Xbox One X.

• Advertisement

Rise of the Tomb Raider is getting an update for the Xbox One X.

I have ROTR and Recore sitting on my Xbox not even touched yet. Looking forward to trying both.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Think I played about 5 mins of Recore before it was thrown amidst the back catalogue never to be seen again. The update might get me back playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I love the way they give you 3 modes to choose from:

Native 4k mode
    Enriched visuals mide
    High frame rate mode

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-x-enhancements-de/1100-6452703/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is anyone else having trouble with Xbox live. It took me along time to log in kept failing and then when I finally got in, I tried to claim the free games with gold games and it is stuck on working for the past 20 mins. Then tried to claim the 360 backwards compatible game and every time I click the see price link it just refreshes the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

People at Gamescom are playing PUBG on Xbox One X today.

https://twitter.com/TheRazoredEdge/status/899898922440765440

Is it possible to have a 2 console setup and still play each others digital games? We buy all our games on the one account as all users on the one xbox can play each others games, so it's hassle free. Same with Live sub, only one account has it and this is shared. So with a 2nd X in the house, am I right in thinking this setup will not be possible on the X? It'll only be possible to keep this shared setup on one console, not both?

qrx wrote: »
    Is it possible to have a 2 console setup and still play each others digital games? We buy all our games on the one account as all users on the one xbox can play each others games, so it's hassle free. Same with Live sub, only one account has it and this is shared. So with a 2nd X in the house, am I right in thinking this setup will not be possible on the X? It'll only be possible to keep this shared setup on one console, not both?

Should be totally fine, look into Xbox Home Sharing.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Should be totally fine, look into Xbox Home Sharing.

Yeah as I thought, it says you can only have one xbox as a home console. I guess what I was looking for was to be able to have 2 home consoles. Guess I'll be sticking to physical discs from now on.

Yeah as I thought, it says you can only have one xbox as a home console. I guess what I was looking for was to be able to have 2 home consoles. Guess I'll be sticking to physical discs from now on.

If you have internet then as long as the main profile is logged in the rest should be able to play?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you have internet then as long as the main profile is logged in the rest should be able to play?

Ok, that sounds workable. So I can log onto any xbox and as long as I'm logged in other users can play my games?

Then the only thing is live sub, does logging in also share your live sub and allow other users to play online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

[...]does logging in also share your live sub and allow other users to play online?

Yes. The only difference is that they cannot benefit from the Live sub, for example to get free games or discounts. But it counts for online game play.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I assume that Smyths etc will do a midnight launch?
    it will depend on the amount of preorders they have for each store. If a store has low pre-orders in store they wont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

If you buy all games on one account. Set that as home console and create a seperate profile for second xbox and share.games

Apparently Keyboard and Mouse support is in the new Minecraft Beta. Interesting if they allow this in all games, PUBG would be the main one I'm thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Microsoft Expected Xbox One X Scorpio Edition Inventory To Last A Week; It Didn’t Even Last A Day

Obviously they aren't sharing how many units were available but it seems to be selling ahead of targets

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Apparently Keyboard and Mouse support is in the new Minecraft Beta. Interesting if they allow this in all games, PUBG would be the main one I'm thinking of.

When you say its in it do you mean you plug any kb/m in and use it?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When you say its in it do you mean you plug any kb/m in and use it?

Seems to be. The dev talks about taking the keyboard and mouse from his computer and plugging it in.

It starts around the 9:20 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

DigitalFoundrys take on the enhanced games.

That minecraft beta is free for anyone who owns the current version and has played for 5 hours in the last 12 months I think. You can do the 5 hours now and get it. You can get it via the insider app

It's got a separate achievement list too from the looks of it whic is good as I liked working towards them. I'm not very creative so the achievements gave me goals to work to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lifted from Reddit, quotes from DF on the games they played:
    Regarding Gears of War 4 on the Xbox One X:
    At the most basic level, you're getting a native 4K version of one of Xbox One's most technically accomplished, visually arresting titles, backed up the high-end texture assets previously exclusive to the PC version of the game.

Regarding Quantum Break:
    we'd hazard a guess that the base resolution is probably closer to 1080p before the smart upscaling kicks in. Regardless, the increase in clarity over the Xbox One title again represents a night and day difference

Regarding Killer Instinct:
    let's remember that it launched alongside Xbox One itself, rendering at a native 720p. A subsequent title update pushed it to 900p, but Xbox One X delivers a crystal-clear native 4K presentation with no performance drops we could spot.

Regarding Path of Exile:
    Joining Killer Instinct in offering a clean 4K, 60Hz output is Path of Exile - flawless in motion, and clearly delivering a full frame-rate, ultra-HD experience, as you would expect from a title of this scope.

Regarding Titanfall 2:
    You get what looks like the Sony console's visual set, paired with the extra clarity found running the PC version at a higher resolution.

Overall:
    the fact is that both Rise of the Tomb Raider and F1 2017 are adopting native 4K rendering in situations where PS4 Pro is checkerboarding instead, and that's a comparison point we really didn't expect to see. After all, this represents is a 2x increase in the native rendering resolution between Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, from hardware with a 43 per cent increase in compute power and a 50 per cent uplift in memory bandwidth.

Interesting to note:
    First of all, it seems that there are actually two AC Origins builds at Gamescom.
    The Microsoft booth seems to be running an older version of the code that has trouble resolving high resolution textures in the middle and far distance, resulting in some obvious muddy textures and low-resolution art - artefacts unseen on the beautiful E3 gameplay trailer. Thankfully, the Ubisoft booth we visited to capture is looking a lot more solid - LODs still aren't at the same level as the E3 trailer, but it's significantly closer. Developers on-site told us that they're aiming for resolution first and aim to bring up LODs to the required spec closer to release

Last thing:
    Overall, Xbox One X's Gamescom turn-out does what E3 didn't - it shows us a cross-section of titles from first and third party developers working on triple-A, double-A and indie titles, giving us an early look at how well game-makers across the board are getting to grips with the new hardware.
    certainly based on the titles we've seen so far, the delineation between the two models looks far more clear cut - Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement