Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Weirdly I've had my xbox switching itself on twice in the last couple of months. Plot twist, it's not in instant on mode.

Maybe it needs to power up to see of instant on is selected. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

qrx wrote: »
    Absolutely. Throw in backwards compatibility for 360 and original xbox games. It's all about the ecosystem. Apparently, its what the future console war will all be about and Microsoft are light years ahead.

I would have said that Microsoft were behind actually. This is the first generation of consoles where there's a significant amount of digital purchases, and PS4 has ran away with this generation. It's effectively got all those people locked in, as they're not going to leave all those purchases behind next generation.

That is of course, if Sony choose to include backward compatibility in their next Playstation (they'd be absolutely bananas not to). The only way that the next generation of consoles will change the equation is if A) Microsoft have a much better console at roughly the same price/date B) Sony break compatibility.

Grim. The subscription services are excellent though, but aren't changing anything on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Is the Xbox android app a bit dodgy or is it just my phone (Moto g4)
    It loads to the first screen and then the app closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Is the Xbox android app a bit dodgy or is it just my phone (Moto g4)
    It loads to the first screen and then the app closes.
    Mine's ok, just checked there (android)

My only real gripe has been the time it takes the damn thing to open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Mine's ok, just checked there (android)

My only real gripe has been the time it takes the damn thing to open!

Must be my phone so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Must be my phone so.

Try the beta version dude, it might run better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Am I right to say I have to own Forza Horizon 3 to be able to buy/download the Hot Wheels expansion?
    I'd like to have the hot wheels version for my kid so don't want the Forza Horizon 3...

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Am I right to say I have to own Forza Horizon 3 to be able to buy/download the Hot Wheels expansion?
    I'd like to have the hot wheels version for my kid so don't want the Forza Horizon 3...

Thanks,
    Pa.

Yep, you need to have the Base game to play the add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

amadablam wrote: »
    Yep, you need to have the Base game to play the add ons.

Thanks. Boo to that anyway.
    If I was buying a racing game for me I'd have gone for FH 2 as it's cheaper and I don't play much.

Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks. Boo to that anyway.
    If I was buying a racing game for me I'd have gone for FH 2 as it's cheaper and I don't play much.

Pa.

Forza 5 is free with Gold at the moment (it was anway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just something someone noticed on Reddit, you can now pay for Game Pass using your account balance. You still need a backup payment in case there's not enough funds in your account when it comes to renewal but you can use PayPal so it's all good.

sjlh0yqk2jkz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox One Game DVR capture increasing to 1080p, with support for external hard drives

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-game-dvr-capture-increasing-1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Nice, would be handy if they increased the capture time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you are using an external drive you can set it up to 1 hour record time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    If you are using an external drive you can set it up to 1 hour record time

Yeah, it has to be formatted for videos, and not games though, so you won't be able to use the hard drive that you use for your games and apps.

Not sure if you can partition a disk and if it'll appear as two on the Xbox? Has anyone tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not sure if you can partition a disk and if it'll appear as two on the Xbox? Has anyone tried that?

I was just wondering that too. Say 4tb partitioned to Xbox games at 2tb and setting another partition for media storage at 2tb.

I have a feeling the Xbox won't use both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I was just wondering that too. Say 4tb partitioned to Xbox games at 2tb and setting another partition for media storage at 2tb.

I have a feeling the Xbox won't use both.

Afaik won't work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i imagine it's not to do with storage space or how it's formatted, it's throughput to the disk, trying to read a game, and write high bandwidth video to the same device. even on PC lots of streamers use a seperate capture pc to avoid issues

Speaking of bandwidth, Digital Foundry have detailed a new feature rolling out to publishers and devs called "Intelligent Delivery". Basically, it the technology that will allow Microsoft to deliver 1080 content to Xbox One/S, and 4K content to Xbox One X, except the use is broader than that. It allows the game to be broken down into even more granular chunks, like a chunk for each language, instead of having to download every language in Europe, it'll only download English.

Seems pretty smart, hopefully all companies will get on board and support it as much as possible.

It also enables multi disk support for physical releases, so a 70GB game won't come as 50GB on a disk, followed by a 20GB download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can you use a XBL gold trial to avail of the games with gold offers? Even a 14 day?

Want to play Battlefront with a friend as I have two XB1's, but there's no way he'd shell out for XBL if a proper sub is required to get the Ultimate Edition for the £4 and play it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can you use a XBL gold trial to avail of the games with gold offers? Even a 14 day?

Want to play Battlefront with a friend as I have two XB1's, but there's no way he'd shell out for XBL if a proper sub is required to get the Ultimate Edition for the £4 and play it online.

How do you mean you have two. So you gave him one or does he have his own. Can't you game share and he will get the game if you have it and he can use you Xbox live sub if you have that as well.

Huh, a PC game that had been on my radar is coming to console, great.

Spintires; a game about driving from one location to another.

Slender: The Arrival, Undertow, Monopoly Deal, Super Contra, Saints Row: The Third have all gone BC.

So has Virtual On, but only in Japan.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/908359842456317953

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/908360286293422080

Being using Windows Sonic setting while using spotify. Really makes a difference on my headset at least. Not surround by any stretch but makes it sound wider and over all better quality.

I pre ordered FIFA 18 and it's my games & apps but it's only 108 mb

Can I only download the full game when it's released or will it update itself before release?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

I pre ordered FIFA 18 and it's my games & apps but it's only 108 mb

Can I only download the full game when it's released or will it update itself before release?

If you have it set it turn on itselfs it shud download before the release day mine auto downloaded during the week 42.8gb

gotthebug wrote: »
    If you have it set it turn on itselfs it shud download before the release day mine auto downloaded during the week 42.8gb

Cheers. There was no option to update it but I uninstalled it and when I installed it again it was the full 42gb download. All set to go now on release day!

Will this download work for the EA early access as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Being using Windows Sonic setting while using spotify. Really makes a difference on my headset at least. Not surround by any stretch but makes it sound wider and over all better quality.

what headset do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Cheers. There was no option to update it but I uninstalled it and when I installed it again it was the full 42gb download. All set to go now on release day!

Will this download work for the EA early access as well?

Yea worked with fifa 17 last year

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    what headset do you have?

One of the low end turtle beach ones, XO four I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement