Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can't play any games online , I have gold until December . Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭dunworth1

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can't play any games online , I have gold until December . Any ideas?

getting any errors/messages

dunworth1 wrote: »
    getting any errors/messages

Ya fifa says my profile does not have the correct permissions to access online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Ya fifa says my profile does not have the correct permissions to access online

Happen any other games?

If not it's a sign to not have to play such s**t games.

Happen any other games?

If not it's a sign to not have to play such s**t games.

Same with 3 different cod games. I just put in a 3 month code 3 weeks ago so I dunno what's going on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

question: which would you rather, an S or an elite.

background, have two xbox, 1TB elite as main, 500gb in another room, mainly used by the kids. have an X on preorder, plan was to sell my 500gb to my brother cheap enough, and move the elite into the spare room. now with the gamestop deal i was considering trading it in for the S, but then i am not sure which would be better to keep, the S or the elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mossym wrote: »
    question: which would you rather, an S or an elite.

background, have two xbox, 1TB elite as main, 500gb in another room, mainly used by the kids. have an X on preorder, plan was to sell my 500gb to my brother cheap enough, and move the elite into the spare room. now with the gamestop deal i was considering trading it in for the S, but then i am not sure which would be better to keep, the S or the elite.

Trade your base One against the S. Sell the Elite to your brother, buy the X.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the x is being bought regardless, will become main machine, it's which to keep as a spare. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

mossym wrote: »
    the x is being bought regardless, will become main machine, it's which to keep as a spare. cheers
    I'd definitely keep the One S.

it has the 4K Blu-ray player and it upscales your games to 4K. Smaller form factor minus the brick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is it possible to connect an Xbox One to my Mac for remote play?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

shuffles03 wrote: »

I doubt it, the streaming is windows 10 only I think.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I doubt it, the streaming is windows 10 only I think.

Ah dang it! Cheers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Where’s the best place to sell a Forza Game Key?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where’s the best place to sell a Forza Game Key?

Adverts or donedeal probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Install Windows 10 via Boot Camp onto your Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

browsing the app store last nite, noticed a 'hd movie' app, how are these allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

There were a few of them at 1 point, I downloaded 5 of them and been using them for TV shows and the odd movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don't really work anymore but they were great while they lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

The one's I have are still working, actually used them over the weekend to watch The Mummy and then again on Monday to watch The Orville

• sweetie wrote: »
    browsing the app store last nite, noticed a 'hd movie' app, how are these allowed?

They don't host content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Paid my Scorpio off a couple of weeks back on Amazon. Haven't looked forward to a new xbox since 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

eamo22 wrote: »
    Paid my Scorpio off a couple of weeks back on Amazon. Haven't looked forward to a new xbox since 360.

I've not pre-ordered a console since the Dreamcast. I'm 34 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

theteal wrote: »
    I've not pre-ordered a console since the Dreamcast. I'm 34 ffs!

Pfffft Noob :pac:

Hey all,

Can you recommend a good monitor for my One? Not looking to break the bank but a few different options would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hey all,

Can you recommend a good monitor for my One? Not looking to break the bank but a few different options would be awesome!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014RKZ81O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i use this, love it. no speakers though so you'll be using a headset or the headphone jack on the monitor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014RKZ81O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i use this, love it. no speakers though so you'll be using a headset or the headphone jack on the monitor.

Cheers for that! Yep I'd definitely be using a headset or earphones.

Is the quality good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cheers for that! Yep I'd definitely be using a headset or earphones.

Is the quality good?

Picture quality? yeah, its great, miles better than my old plasma telly. the best thing about it is the 1ms response time, made a huge difference to me in halo where its all about reaction time / landing consistent headshots - I just felt i could do it with less missed shots than before.

sound wise? the sound out of the headphone jack is fairly poor, i'd only use it if i was really stuck. i'd say you'd do better by plugging the headphones into the jack on the controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/913433277071052800

COD:AW and Sonic Adventure went BC yesterday, for anyone that really wants a sonic game from back when the Sonic twitter account was the only good thing about Sonic.

Picture quality? yeah, its great, miles better than my old plasma telly. the best thing about it is the 1ms response time, made a huge difference to me in halo where its all about reaction time / landing consistent headshots - I just felt i could do it with less missed shots than before.

sound wise? the sound out of the headphone jack is fairly poor, i'd only use it if i was really stuck. i'd say you'd do better by plugging the headphones into the jack on the controller.

Thanks again. That looks like a real runner! Alternatively, are there any other good monitors that would have decent sound when earphones are plugged in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks again. That looks like a real runner! Alternatively, are there any other good monitors that would have decent sound when earphones are plugged in?

These are great. There are updated versions for more money but this does the trick. Great for music and movies too of course.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kilimanjaro-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-formerly-Black/dp/B00Z9BIODA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506682783&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+a3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement