Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

I know the GameStop deal is listed as finishing on 10th of October but what are the realistic chances of getting the deal at the weekend? I'm not back in the country until Friday and don't want to waste valuable luggage space if I'm not going to get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

IIDSIIELMO wrote: »
    I know the GameStop deal is listed as finishing on 10th of October but what are the realistic chances of getting the deal at the weekend? I'm not back in the country until Friday and don't want to waste valuable luggage space if I'm not going to get it.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat! Heading back tomorrow, but won't get to a gamestop until Thursday, but space in the bag is quite restricted at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Very slim I'd say. Pretty much finished.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Its advertised as €49.99 in Smyths, €44.99 was the in store preorder price.

Ah ok - I had it pre-ordered, that would explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Microsoft getting out of the music streaming business. Groove will be for local and onedrive playback only:

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2017/10/microsoft-getting-out-of-the-music-biz-moving-groove-subs-to-spotify/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I saw that alright, have been using it for over a year and thought it was a pretty good service. The extra onedrive space was handy too. Will be moving to Spotify now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

We move your music. After signing into your Spotify account, we’ll move your Groove Music Pass collection and playlists from Groove Music to Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

We move your music. After signing into your Spotify account, we’ll move your Groove Music Pass collection and playlists from Groove Music to Spotify.
    Although, unfortunately, Spotify does not have the OneDrive integration to use your own tunes - in the event of that rare B-Side, high quality, FLAC recording that you have up there.

For that, you'll have to go back to the Groove Music player (as it will essentially) become.

Also, Spotify doesn't have an annual price (e.g. 12 months for the price of 10) and if you have ever had a Spotify trial before you do not qualify for the 60-day trial for switching from Groove -> Spotify.

It's a pity, I really liked Groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also, Spotify doesn't have an annual price (e.g. 12 months for the price of 10)

There is Spotify Family though, which makes it 30 quid for the year if you can find 5 willing friends/family/random boards members :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Makes sense now why MS brought Spotify to the Xbox. Interesting that Spotify loses $600 million per year. How are they still in business?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Got Forza, good price, seems off though, not like 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Got Forza, good price, seems off though, not like 6.

They really ramped up the micro transactions on the mod cards in 7.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Did you find Forza a bit slow/stuttery going through the menus?
    Mine didn't seem properly smooth.

The racing itself was decent, found it easier than 6 so far in many regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mik_da_man wrote: »

Same here, seems buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

qrx wrote: »
    Makes sense now why MS brought Spotify to the Xbox. Interesting that Spotify loses $600 million per year. How are they still in business?!

Could be worse, did I read somewhere Netflix are $20 billion in debt and their motoring on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mik_da_man wrote: »

Apparently the performance of the menus are a common complaint

qrx wrote: »

The most interesting thing is that they're bring iTunes to the store as well.

I'd be worried about buying any movies or tv shows from Microsoft after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So since upgrading to the Xbox S, does anyone know of a cheap place to get the Kinect Adapter? £30 was the cheapest I could find on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

joe123 wrote: »
    So since upgrading to the Xbox S, does anyone know of a cheap place to get the Kinect Adapter? £30 was the cheapest I could find on Amazon.

Microsoft were giving adapters away free last year when the S came out first. All you had to do was fill in some online form with old Xbox s/n and new Xbox One S s/n as far as I can remember. Not sure if they still are, but worth a Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Microsoft were giving adapters away free last year when the S came out first. All you had to do was fill in some online form with old Xbox s/n and new Xbox One S s/n as far as I can remember. Not sure if they still are, but worth a Google.

They're not. Stopped that some months ago. It'll be interesting to see if they do anything with the x and Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

joe123 wrote: »

Thats handy. Fire up the auld time machine Joe...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not giving them away for free anymore. It ended in March. Most of the call support are in foreign country's and its a waste of time trying to haggle with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

For those of you who are picking up the One X in a few weeks time, what’s your plan for your existing One/One S?
    I’m wondering if I should go ahead and sell my One S 1tb now (Adverts or cex) or wait for a trade-in deal against the new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Limpar wrote: »
    For those of you who are picking up the One X in a few weeks time, what’s your plan for your existing One/One S?
    I’m wondering if I should go ahead and sell my One S 1tb now (Adverts or cex) or wait for a trade-in deal against the new console.

I'm keeping the one s for the bedroom for Netflix and playing games when I'm to lazy to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The One X will be in the office/games room. One S will go to the living room and the older One S into the spare bedroom just to cover all angles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

My old fat XOne is most likely going to CEX the week before the X arrives. I had planned on trading it but then I got 20% discount on the X with an alternative retailer. I would have already parted with my old One but we've nothing else to to stream Netflix, NowTV etc. (which is easily the majority of our TV watching these days) with so I'll have to wait until a bit closer to release date and hope trade in price doesn't completely crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

theteal wrote: »
    My old fat XOne is most likely going to CEX the week before the X arrives. I had planned on trading it but then I got 20% discount on the X with an alternative retailer. I would have already parted with my old One but we've nothing else to to stream Netflix, NowTV etc. (which is easily the majority of our TV watching these days) with so I'll have to wait until a bit closer to release date and hope trade in price doesn't completely crash.

How did you get a 20% discount on the X?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll probably stick the x in the living room as I don't have a 4k screen in the games room. Tv has to come first though so probably won't have an x until after Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement