Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How did you get a 20% discount on the X?

I became a new customer with very.co.uk - somehow I suspect that this may be my only ever purchase with them.

Also got £20+ cashback via TCB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

theteal wrote: »
    I became a new customer with very.co.uk - somehow I suspect that this may be my only ever purchase with them.

I've seen that offer before alright but wasn't sure they shipped to Ireland or how warranty would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I've seen that offer before alright but wasn't sure they shipped to Ireland or how warranty would work.

Is that deal still going??

Is that deal still going??

You could check Very.co.uk. The 20% discount is for opening a credit account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Gamestop now trying to offload the massive amount of original Xbox Ones they took in last week. €209 for a preowned 500gb Xbox One with Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

Good luck, can get one S for €300 with Fifa and Forza and spare controller in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Good luck, can get one S for €300 with Fifa and Forza and spare controller in some places.

Less, Smyths were doing that for €270 last week.

You could check Very.co.uk. The 20% discount is for opening a credit account.

Did you use Parcel Motel or Address Pal? Did you use Revolut account to Pay? Sorry but this is a great deal but can't believe would go without some difficulty. I mean I have a load to get for Christmas and 20% the whole order would be some deal!!

Did you use Parcel Motel or Address Pal? Did you use Revolut account to Pay? Sorry but this is a great deal but can't believe would go without some difficulty. I mean I have a load to get for Christmas and 20% the whole order would be some deal!!

I didn't use Very, that was the other poster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, anyone know when PUBG is to be released on the Xbone? The young lad wants it for his birthday(Nov) or Christmas but I seen mention of it not been released until 02/18.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,247 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know when PUBG is to be released on the Xbone? The young lad wants it for his birthday(Nov) or Christmas but I seen mention of it not been released until 02/18.

Supposed to be this year but I'd be surprised at this stage. There's nothing official announced at the moment as far as I know, maybe tie them over with the Fortnite BR add on which is free?

• Advertisement

Thought November but I'd say it'll be pushed back to 2018.

I didn't use Very, that was the other poster.

Ooops Sorry about that :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Supposed to be this year but I'd be surprised at this stage. There's nothing official announced at the moment as far as I know, maybe tie them over with the Fortnite BR add on which is free?

He has the full edition of Fortnite already :)
    Thought November but I'd say it'll be pushed back to 2018.

Yeah he told me yesterday it was end of 2017 but when we searched the only refernce we found was 02/18 and I think that was on gamestops website.

He has the full edition of Fortnite already :)

Yeah he told me yesterday it was end of 2017 but when we searched the only refernce we found was 02/18 and I think that was on gamestops website.

Get him a rock and let him kick that around outside for a few months :pac: you play Xbox in the meantime.

Get him a rock and let him kick that around outside for a few months :pac: you play Xbox in the meantime.

What on earth is "outside"? :pac:

ah 2 xboxes mean we play then together :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

They'll regret that move I'd say.
    Be left with a pile of old ones that they can't shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mik_da_man wrote: »
    They'll regret that move I'd say.
    Be left with a pile of old ones that they can't shift.

the phrase, ;'couldn't happen to a nicer shower' springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm just guessing that poster lives in England. His location says Essex.

I'm just guessing that poster lives in England. His location says Essex.

Ah good spot, that is some deal in fairness would have brought the one x down to €400 :(

• Advertisement

I don't know if you can see my location but I'm living there over the water so I didn't need to use any of the above.

Ah good spot, that is some deal in fairness would have brought the one x down to €400 :(

I got the Forza bundle for £379.98. I'll be parting with Forza fairly quickly as I have no interest apart form seeing what the fuss is about this 4k60 HDR lark. CEX currently giving £95 cash for the fat 500gb too. This whole upgrade is going to be a good bit cheaper than anticipated.

I don't know if you can see my location but I'm living there over the water so I didn't need to use any of the above.

Sorry yeah didn't take any notice of location, fair play good deal there you had. For some reason the Irish equivalent littlewoods is not allowing the 20% off on anything electrical at all ...

• I'm kind of tempted at upgrading from my One S to the One X
    Plenty still left available for pre-order
    It will be fine however, will pick one up on launch no bother

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm kind of tempted at upgrading from my One S to the One X

Hoping for a decent trade in deal or else i'm out until the price comes down. €500 for a souped up version of what I already have I just can't justify at the moment.

• Hoping for a decent trade in deal or else i'm out until the price comes down. €500 for a souped up version of what I already have I just can't justify at the moment.

That's it though. It's an upgraded version of the S. If you have the disposable income it's tempting but still be happy having either console either way. No mad panic to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm very excited about buying the new console come 7th of November
    does anyone know if gamestop will be doing midnight launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gamestop are seemingly going to have a similar trade-in deal to the one they have to the Xbox to Xbox One S. Have heard that it’ll be the One S with any two games and you get the X for €249.

• Gamestop are seemingly going to have a similar trade-in deal to the one they have to the Xbox to Xbox One S. Have heard that it’ll be the One S with any two games and you get the X for €249.

Not too bad. Makes the upgrade choice a little easier.
    Assume you can transfer all to external drive then perform system format before trading.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hoping for a decent trade in deal or else i'm out until the price comes down. €500 for a souped up version of what I already have I just can't justify at the moment.

In the same boat myself looking for a trade in deal. Faster loading games/in-game loading is what would tempt me more than prettier visuals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement