Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Bit of an unusual issue this

The past two mornings, I've come downstairs to find my TV off and the Xbox one on. It was also on when i got home from work yesterday evening. I've it set up for fast resume, but I didnt have any downloads pushed from smartglass or anything. Anyone else experience this? I'm going to test it again tonight just in case I'm imagining that i turned it off
    Yep it happened to me with an update, I turn the xbox off, about an hour later it turned back on, and it kept doing it.
    Fixed it by doing a power cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

calex71 wrote: »
    New game out today called "stick it to the man" had to search for it, had a look at some of the playstation footage looks ok and is only 7.99 ......... before you run off to check the US store it's 9.99 there so a saving of only 40c. Probably the first time I've seen them get the currency conversion right for $, €, and £

managed to pick up a free copy of this. has over 1.2m downloads so lets hope it's decent!

Lamposts wrote: »
    managed to pick up a free copy of this. has over 1.2m downloads so lets hope it's decent!
    How did you get a free copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

deco nate wrote: »
    How did you get a free copy?

They were doing a giveaway on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Posts about the cheap Kinect 2 from Cex moved to the bargain alerts thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245097

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads,

I finally bit the bullet and got the Xbox One for the new version of Madden today :D I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with. Sorry for the 360 aspect of them.

1) I now want to give my 360 to someone. If I factory reset to erase everything off the 360 so it's "like new", will I still be able to use my 360 Gamertag on the One even though I'll have essentially deleted it (on the 360)?

2) Is it possible to transfer Gamertags from 360 to 360. For example, if Xbox A had a specific Gamertag, Xbox B has now been factory reset, can I transfer the Tag on Xbox A to Xbox B?

Thanks.

Yes you can delete your profile from a 360 if you wish, & you can also download it onto another 360 too. Same profile used for the One also, so I think it's a yes to all your questions :)

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yes you can delete your profile from a 360 if you wish, & you can also download it onto another 360 too. Same profile used for the One also, so I think it's a yes to all your questions :)

Thank you. Now to get the thing setup. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

I have a friend who has a PS3 and he loves it but he is getting an Xbox One instead of a PS4 because he said the Playstation has been hacked already a few times. I was planning on getting a PS4 but now I'm not so sure. Any opinions?

Trying to get the Kinect to recognise voice commands seems an impossible task for me. I haven't got it to work once. I know the settings that need to be selected in order to get it to work, but I've read that changing location from Ireland to the UK helps it, is that true?

Also, the game installations are so long. :eek:

Loving it so far though apart from the two aforementioned things. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Paully D wrote: »
    Trying to get the Kinect to recognise voice commands seems an impossible task for me. I haven't got it to work once. I know the settings that need to be selected in order to get it to work, but I've read that changing location from Ireland to the UK helps it, is that true?

Also, the game installations are so long. :eek:

Loving it so far though apart from the two aforementioned things. :D

Have you set the spoken language in settings? if you set region to ireland it won't automatically set a spoken language you have to set that to UK or US for Kinect to take voice commands if region is set to ireland.

calex71 wrote: »
    Have you set the spoken language in settings? if you set region to ireland it won't automatically set a spoken language you have to set that to UK or US for Kinect to take voice commands if region is set to ireland.

Thank you. I haven't touched any language settings so will get to that tomorrow and give it another shot. I was thinking my accent couldn't be that bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Paully D wrote: »
    Thank you. I haven't touched any language settings so will get to that tomorrow and give it another shot. I was thinking my accent couldn't be that bad :pac:

Nah it definitely can't. I had a friend try it with a really strong Kilkenny/Tipperary border accent and he was even amazed it was able to understand him lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I have a friend who has a PS3 and he loves it but he is getting an Xbox One instead of a PS4 because he said the Playstation has been hacked already a few times. I was planning on getting a PS4 but now I'm not so sure. Any opinions?

Honestly, there's not much difference between the two, or at least not as much as internet commenters would like to think.

As always, the best advice is to go with the device that the majority of your friends are going to be on.

However, if you both do go with an Xbox One, then be sure to set up Xbox One Home sharing, and look into buying from the US market place. Not sure why that advice hasn't been sticky-ied yet, as it more than halves the price of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

State of decay coming to Xbox one in early 2015, I never played the 360 version but apparently it was very popular

CatInABox wrote: »
    Honestly, there's not much difference between the two, or at least not as much as internet commenters would like to think.

Can I just remind folks as to the title of this thread, especially the bracketed part? We've seen first hand how badly threads comparing the two spiral into baiting/flaming/trolling :)
    As always, the best advice is to go with the device that the majority of your friends are going to be on.

This is the best advice.
    However, if you both do go with an Xbox One, then be sure to set up Xbox One Home sharing, and look into buying from the US market place. Not sure why that advice hasn't been sticky-ied yet, as it more than halves the price of a game.

Because swapping Xbox live credentials outside of an MS approved mechanism is against the XBL ToU conditions....as is using a false address to buy from a different regional marketplace. While MS may be currently turning a blind eye to these practices, they might not always do so & we don't want to be potentially landed with a poo-storm of angry pm's from people who have been actioned by MS because of what they've read on this forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can I just remind folks as to the title of this thread, especially the bracketed part? We've seen first hand how badly threads comparing the two spiral into baiting/flaming/trolling :)

This is the best advice.

Because swapping Xbox live credentials outside of an MS approved mechanism is against the XBL ToU conditions....as is using a false address to buy from a different regional marketplace. While MS may be currently turning a blind eye to these practices, they might not always do so & we don't want to be potentially landed with a poo-storm of angry pm's from people who have been actioned by MS because of what they've read on this forum.

Apologies, and thanks for the clarification!

CatInABox wrote: »
    Apologies, and thanks for the clarification!

No apology needed :)

http://controllermax.com

Has anyone tried to get their 360 wheels up and running on Xbox one with this? My wheel is almost new and I don't fancy paying full whack for another.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the Blu-Ray player on the One multi-region anyone know? Surely it is since you can chop and change marketplace regions so easily?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the Blu-Ray player on the One multi-region anyone know? Surely it is since you can chop and change marketplace regions so easily?

I don't think regional marketplaces have any bearing. The PS3 for example was region free for games (both digital AND physical), but the bd drive was locked to our region for blu ray disc movies for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

I don't think regional marketplaces have any bearing. The PS3 for example was region free for games (both digital AND physical), but the bd drive was locked to our region for blu ray disc movies for example.

The Xbox is also region locked for DVDs and Blue Ray

Spotted an option in settings to "update controller". Anyone know what it does?

It's just minor tweaks to the dead zone and responsiveness and also to the chat headset firmware iirc. I updated mine when titanfall dropped but haven't done so since.

Do you lads have any difficulty in streaming some videos in apps and clips that friends have uploaded? My internet connection is fine but the aforementioned videos and clips are virtually unwatchable given the amount of buffering that occurs.

Thanks Calex for the advice re: Kinect. It works fine for me now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It flashes new firmware that includes fixes and updates. There are a number of different controllers that were shipped with the console, the original ones need a firmware update or they stop working. Should be only 1 update available, if any, right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

The Voice control of the One Guide is dreadful.

I have a very nice southside Dublin accent, went to elocution lessons and do not grunt. It has no idea what i'm saying 50% of the time.

Since Sky Sports News went to 401 the order of the sports channels is a mess.

I'm out. Wont ever be bothering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

I have a very nice southside Dublin accent, went to elocution lessons and do not grunt. It has no idea what i'm saying 50% of the time.

Personally I think the box voice commands recognition has improved massively over the last few months. Maybe do a recalibration.

Or even better help MS improve the voice capabilities. Just download the VOICE Studio from the Xbox app store and complete the speech tests. The more results they get the more likely they will improve things

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/mobile/index.asp

The beta for TheCrewGame is now open for registration.
    Didn't know were to post it so I posted here. Might be of interest to some, good luck to those that register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's spot on for me. Can't imagine life without it.
    Would strongly advise re-calibrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement