Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It's spot on for me. Can't imagine life without it.
    Would strongly advise re-calibrating.

Voice is superb. I don't even bother looking for the controller when i want to use netflix, the entire interaction is all with voice. It might sound a bit gimmicky or not very useful but its one of those things that once you try it you wonder how you managed without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Voice is superb. I don't even bother looking for the controller when i want to use netflix, the entire interaction is all with voice. It might sound a bit gimmicky or not very useful but its one of those things that once you try it you wonder how you managed without it.

They've made a balls of it now though, when you start netflix and it asks you to chose between Netflix and Netflix Kids, theres no way of selecting without using a controller or smartglass, voice or gestures dont work.

Also, has voice search gone? when i said "xbox bing" last night, it wanted me to input the query via text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It's spot on for me. Can't imagine life without it.
    Would strongly advise re-calibrating.

Just got a ONE, and I find the voice controls pretty poor.

Have re-calibrated a few times, each time putting the sound up louder.

I only really use the XBOX record that, and it rarely works during a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Also, has voice search gone? when i said "xbox bing" last night, it wanted me to input the query via text.

Voice search still appears to be there if you are 'in the US', but if you switch your console region to Ireland and use voice it seems to push you to keyboard search.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I see Minecraft is on the store now but 'Unavailable' to purchase. It's meant to be out tomorrow but release date on the listing says 3rd of September which was yesterday :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I see Minecraft is on the store now but 'Unavailable' to purchase. It's meant to be out tomorrow but release date on the listing says 3rd of September which was yesterday :S
    It was available earlier for $199 (a placeholder until its officially released tomorrow)

It was available earlier for $199 (a placeholder until its officially released tomorrow)

That was PSN I believe? It's on Xbox market right now but says unavailable, no price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

That was PSN I believe? It's on Xbox market right now but says unavailable, no price.

It's €5 if you had it on the 360 and €19.99 otherwise (as far as I know)

Yeah I had it on 360. I was just half hoping it was going to go live today is all. Still waiting on Need for Speed to get added to the vault too, shouldn't be too much longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I saw it in the vault last night but it said 49.99 when I went into download it. I would say it will be available very soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Correct, just picked it up this morning :)

EDIT: actually I had to check my billing - Varik is right, €18.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it's 3.99 and 18.99, unless it's a different between systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Varik wrote: »
    I think it's 3.99 and 18.99, unless it's a different between systems.

Different between systems, X1 upgrade costs a euro more than PS4 upgrade. Neither really break the bank though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They've made a balls of it now though, when you start netflix and it asks you to chose between Netflix and Netflix Kids, theres no way of selecting without using a controller or smartglass, voice or gestures dont work.

Netflix pushed out an update yesterday (or the day before) that pretty much broke voice interaction in that the overlays all died - the commands are still there and should work though until the app and the console get properly synced.

Another weekend, another service alert on Xbox live. It's becoming a bit too regular for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Another weekend, another service alert on Xbox live. It's becoming a bit too regular for my liking.

I was just coming to post the exact same thing, can't see friends online.

I'm really surprised more of a stink hasn't been kicked up over the internet by now, maybe the fan boys don't want to give the PS4 crowd any more fodder but I can't recall the last week there wasn't some issue with live now. Long gone are the days where live would be issue free for months on end on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think it might be overload with Minecraft released, free weekend for Forza and Need for speed dropping in the vault.

I think it might be overload with Minecraft released, free weekend for Forza and Need for speed dropping in the vault.

Ah yeah, I forgot about minecraft. It's probably going to take a beating when destiny drops as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Pretty sure it's also because of the release into the new markets (can't remember how many countries), assuming this would have a pretty major impact on the servers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys, probably asked a lot before but best deal for Xbox currently. Thanks

• Advertisement

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hi guys, probably asked a lot before but best deal for Xbox currently. Thanks

Go up a level to the bargain alerts thread. I haven't checked it in a few days, but last time I looked it was argos and a 2nd hand Kinect from cex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Hey lads, don't know if this has been discussed before but recently I traded in a game (Forza). Was on the marketplace there this evening and saw Forza pop up, so clicked on the game. It has given me the option to install again, which I've done and now I booted up the game. Surprise surprise I can play the game again without the disc? I assuming this is a screwup and the game is gonna ask for a disc? Or is there something I'm missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

madcabbage wrote: »
    Hey lads, don't know if this has been discussed before but recently I traded in a game (Forza). Was on the marketplace there this evening and saw Forza pop up, so clicked on the game. It has given me the option to install again, which I've done and now I booted up the game. Surprise surprise I can play the game again without the disc? I assuming this is a screwup and the game is gonna ask for a disc? Or is there something I'm missing here?

It's free for the weekend.

madcabbage wrote: »

Lol yeah, unfortunately no free game for you! Just free Forza weekend is all :pac:

Won't be long before Forza is on the games for gold tho I'd imagine so might be worth while keeping the data on the hard drive :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ya I might have guessed there was a catch somewhere. Damn.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Xbox One is collecting dust again. Nothing is reaching out to me right now, and I doubt it will until COD drops in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Reebrock wrote: »
    Xbox One is collecting dust again. Nothing is reaching out to me right now, and I doubt it will until COD drops in November.

What about Destiny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Pre-ordered Limited Ed Destiny a few months back. It's a pain waiting for Amazon to ship it though but it's so much cheaper than Gamestop

Reebrock wrote: »

Are you limited to COD style games? There's lots of great games out recently. Diablo 3, Metro Redux, Minecraft, Destiny tomorrow and more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Are you limited to COD style games? There's lots of great games out recently. Diablo 3, Metro Redux, Minecraft, Destiny tomorrow and more!

FYI, I have insider knowledge that the new COD is absolutely amazing. I have someone very close to me who tests and they love this game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement