Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

FYI, I have insider knowledge that the new COD is absolutely amazing. I have someone very close to me who tests and they love this game.

Lol did they love Ghosts as well? He was playing on LAN not peer to peer laggy connections hope your right but feeling this will be bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Affs, cod?! Really don't like that game. Why?? Cos it has been the same game for the last 5 year's. Why can't people move on from this bs?!
    It will be the same ol, same ol!
    I'm Glad not to have played any of these games in the last few years. Yet people seem/hope it's gonna change for the better.

Not for me, if I put a full clip into someone and they don't die. But run at me an kill me with a knife?
    Yea! You can stick you're lag compensation up were the sun don't shine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

deco nate wrote: »
    Affs, cod?! Really don't like that game. Why?? Cos it has been the same game for the last 5 year's. Why can't people move on from this bs?!
    It will be the same ol, same ol!
    I'm Glad not to have played any of these games in the last few years. Yet people seem/hope it's gonna change for the better.

Not for me, if I put a full clip into someone and they don't die. But run at me an kill me with a knife?
    Yea! You can stick you're lag compensation up were the sun don't shine

Skipped the last one myself and only played Blops 2 for the zombies which was brilliant Craic.Wont be buying the next one either. There's too many game coming out in a small amount if time between now and Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Skipped the last one myself and only played Blops 2 for the zombies which was brilliant Craic.Wont be buying the next one either. There's too many game coming out in a small amount if time between now and Christmas

Yup, I'm sticking to the treyarch COD games for now, They've been better in the past, and like you saty, theres just too much to play at the moment. Its no harm to rotate your games anyway, otherwise you'll be bored senseless from the same old stuff year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Lol did they love Ghosts as well? He was playing on LAN not peer to peer laggy connections hope your right but feeling this will be bad!

COD isn't my cup of tea at all. He worked on Ghosts too and hated it. AW2 should be much better.

Anyone get Destiny? My copy won't arrive until Friday. Husband picked up a free copy of Destiny for the PS4 in work, but sure we've only an Xbone/360 at home.

Agonizing wait, but the limited edition was sold out everywhere else plus was about 30e + compared to Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone get Destiny? My copy won't arrive until Friday. Husband picked up a free copy of Destiny for the PS4 in work, but sure we've only an Xbone/360 at home.

Bring it into CeX and get €49 instant cash: https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=destiny+ps4&section=

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Bring it into CeX and get €49 instant cash: https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=destiny+ps4&section=

My little bro has a PS4, so I think he'd really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

deco nate wrote: »
    ....if I put a full clip into someone and they don't die. But run at me an kill me with a knife?

This x 1000 :) Drives me nuts

Downloaded Destiny last night from the Marketplace... splashed out 99 Euro for all those extra maps and other stuff (truth be told I dont know how good the other stuff is, but I'm a slave to marketing). The download of 18GB took about 3 hours (or least it was @ 40% after 1 hour and I decided to go to bed). I Just cranked it up this morning and saw about 30 seconds of the game before I had to go to work... looked good... I know what I'll be doing tonight anyway. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Muppet Man

Muppet Man wrote: »
    This x 1000 :) Drives me nuts

Downloaded Destiny last night from the Marketplace... splashed out 99 Euro for all those extra maps and other stuff (truth be told I dont know how good the other stuff is, but I'm a slave to marketing). The download of 18GB took about 3 hours (or least it was @ 40% after 1 hour and I decided to go to bed). I Just cranked it up this morning and saw about 30 seconds of the game before I had to go to work... looked good... I know what I'll be doing tonight anyway. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Muppet Man

You could have saved €29 by getting it from the U.S store. €70.87 it works out from there. Just a friendly piece of advice for future purchases in case you didn't know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

You could have saved €29 by getting it from the U.S store. €70.87 it works out from there. Just a friendly piece of advice for future purchases in case you didn't know :)

I do this too...thankfully there are more out there. None of my friends do, I was getting a little frightened.

Dont even know if its legal

• Advertisement

trudub83 wrote: »
    I do this too...thankfully there are more out there. None of my friends do, I was getting a little frightened.

Dont even know if its legal

Xbox aren't going to care about the Irish govenment losing out on a bit of tax. Them and the game publishers are still getting their money and it's not as if you have to change router settings to unlock it like the U.S netflix or anything so feck it who cares :P My 500gb is 92% full now, from games purchased from the U.S store :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My 500gb is 92% full now, from games purchased from the U.S store :P

Yeah... between US store, EA Access and Xbox Home my HDD is nearly gone - gonna have to start looking for an external drive soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah... between US store, EA Access and Xbox Home my HDD is nearly gone - gonna have to start looking for an external drive soon!

I got a fantastic 2TB Seagate one from Amazon for €80 delivered. Great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

maximoose wrote: »

To buy stuff from the US marketplace do I just set my region to US and buy the game , download and then change back to uk ?

AFAIR, yes. I had mine set to UK so I can watch Sky through the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gizabeer wrote: »
    To buy stuff from the US marketplace do I just set my region to US and buy the game , download and then change back to uk ?

No, theres a bit more to it than that. You need to set up a payment option as well that has a US address. Some people have managed to do it with their paypal but I couldnt get that to work so I used my AIB debit card. google will set you on the right path.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Thanks man

Yeah I took my 3TB Samsung D3 Station apart last night, stick the 3TB in the PC as just use it for media anyway and stuck a 500gb 2.5" HDD I had spare into the enclosure and using it for extra Xbox storage for now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

anyone know of any good HDD's for the xbox one?

I don't really understand them, and I am certain that you have to get one that runs at a certain speed.

Looking for a 2tb one to buy of amazon, doesn't have to be cheap once its decent.
    Badly need it, come christmas my space will all be gone as I have fully converted to the religion of "Digital"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Took a real quick look, with out much research on my part:

WD 2 TB USB 3.0 Elements Desktop Hard Drive for Plug-and-Play Storage

According to the reviews, it works fine with the Xbox One. EDIT DUE TO CORRECTION BELOW: Any USB 3.0 hard drive above a capacity of 256GB should work.

Good call on the all digital religion, I worship at that particular altar myself :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

CatInABox wrote: »
    As far as I know, any USB 3.0 hard drive above a capacity of 500GB will work.

Small correction - it's USB 3.0 drives with a minimum capacity of 256GB:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/manage-storage?icid=furl_xboxone-storage#38e9a60addd045bba450744623c3dbb9

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Is anybody up and running on Destiny yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Reebrock wrote: »
    Is anybody up and running on Destiny yet?

Was playing last night and this morning. Been at work all evening but plan on a few hours after midnight tonight, servers permitting of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    anyone know of any good HDD's for the xbox one?

I don't really understand them, and I am certain that you have to get one that runs at a certain speed.

Looking for a 2tb one to buy of amazon, doesn't have to be cheap once its decent.
    Badly need it, come christmas my space will all be gone as I have fully converted to the religion of "Digital"
    I use a pretty basic Toshiba 2tb USB 3.0 drive all of my games are installed on it, haven't had any issues in the lady 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Was playing last night and this morning. Been at work all evening but plan on a few hours after midnight tonight, servers permitting of course!

How are you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Reebrock wrote: »
    How are you finding it?
    So far so good. Focusing on the PvE at the minute and I've spent 4 hours running around without really noticing the time passing. Only played 1 pvp game so can't really comment on it yet.

It could do with a pause button or something for the PvE stuff to save you having to head back to your ship every time you need a beer/coffee/bio break. Also, the loot drops are not really noticeable. I spent about an hour before I realised I had weapon and armour upgrades in my bag.

Apart from that really enjoying it, and it should only get better with some mates in a fire team on mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Furp wrote: »
    I use a pretty basic Toshiba 2tb USB 3.0 drive all of my games are installed on it, haven't had any issues in the lady 3 months.

Must you format the entire Hard Drive like you had to do with the USB sticks for the 360.In other words can you store music and tv shows on it as well while using it for storing your Xbox One games?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Must you format the entire Hard Drive like you had to do with the USB sticks for the 360.In other words can you store music and tv shows on it as well while using it for storing your Xbox One games?

No the HDD has to be formatted for Xbox one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As said has to be formatted and you can't put music etc on it but I posted an image of the media app running on the latest preview with DNLA support so with that you can now finally stream easily from PC, tested it with Plex running on my windows PC and it works very well even for beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I threw a couple of odd codecs at the xbox one preview player last night with good results (all bar one blue ray one played)

Use interface is slick enough

I had something like this for my LG smart tv and its pretty close in comparison
    So all in all pretty good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement