Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

-Toppy- wrote: »
    I had something like this for my LG smart tv and its pretty close in comparison
    So all in all pretty good

I currently have an LG Smart TV and it plays everything I've tried on its excellent.

Anyways, got an update yesterday, got that Friends tab that doesn't work.

Played a bit of FIFA then after the update and any clips that were recorded have no sound on playback. Any one ever get that before? I don't know if it had anything to do with the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I currently have an LG Smart TV and it plays everything I've tried on its excellent.

Anyways, got an update yesterday, got that Friends tab that doesn't work.

Played a bit of FIFA then after the update and any clips that were recorded have no sound on playback. Any one ever get that before? I don't know if it had anything to do with the update.

I have to switch my region to US to get the new friends tab to work. I normally have mine set to US only I switched it back to Ireland hoping I could play Destiny at 12am but that didn't work.

Maybe it was the restart that helped it to work after the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have to switch my region to US to get the new friends tab to work. I normally have mine set to US only I switched it back to Ireland hoping I could play Destiny at 12am but that didn't work.

Maybe it was the restart that helped it to work after the update.

Someone posted a workaround a few pages back, hold lt+rt+t for a couple of seconds and it will refresh the dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Nolimits

calex71 wrote: »
    Someone posted a workaround a few pages back, hold lt+rt+t for a couple of seconds and it will refresh the dashboard.
    I get left trigger and right trigger, but t?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nolimits wrote: »
    I get left trigger and right trigger, but t?

lol, he meant *Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

For some reason I'm completely hooked with Clash Of Clans on my iPhone. Any similar styled games on Xbox One? It's the grinding/levelling up/building progression etc I really like. I have Titanfall but that got boring for me very quickly. I've also read a lot of Destiny reviews. There's levelling up alright but the reviews are quite mixed. 'Empty' seems to be the general tone.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There,s a star wars game,by disney, very similar to clash of clans ,
    on mobile phone s, i presume its on the iphone.
    I watched 2 videos,on giantbomb.com ,about destiny .
    Destiny seems with like a good shooter , but with a with a very slight story and no real characters in it.
    Unlike halo which at least had a few good characters ,master chief ,cortana and a good dramatic story .
    I think the combat in halo is more varied .AT least borderlands 2 had plenty of strange funny characters in it
    with some human personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

If you like levelling up, progression, etc, you will enjoy Destiny. I just hit level 20 and i feel like the game is just opening up for me. The story is poir but the gameplay, levelling up is very enjoyable and addictive!

I've just realised that I really like games when the story is finished. Only dawned on me now. Take for example Assassins Creed. The most enjoyable part for me is free roaming after the credits have rolled, cleaning up the map with no agenda but my own.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Live gone down for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Live gone down for anyone else?

I was online a few mins ago but couldn't check friends or go to store, turned it off for a few mins and now can't sign back in. It says on the status section of Xbox.com that they are working on fixing the problem.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dor83 wrote: »
    I was online a few mins ago but couldn't check friends or go to store, turned it off for a few mins and now can't sign back in. It says on the status section of Xbox.com that they are working on fixing the problem.

Was the same, seems to be up again now.

Purchased Destiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Anyone else having issues after they "said" it was fixed?
    I was having savage issues with party chat, and either one of us kept on getting dropped out of the fireteam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Just finished tomb raider, so looking to pick up a game to keep me ticking over til The Master chief Collection comes out.

Narrowed it down to Wolfenstein/Assassins creed/Watchdogs.

Which one would you guys choose?

Thanks in advance.

Fescue wrote: »
    Just finished tomb raider, so looking to pick up a game to keep me ticking over til The Master chief Collection comes out.

Thanks in advance.

Have all three

Pretty close between them all

I have always been an assassins creed fan - its not the best of them - but its definately not the worst (I am thinking probably 3rd best in the series) but its absolutely fantastic and plenty of gametime (bought it the day xbox one came out)
    Watchdogs got on release as well good game but couldnt help coming it to a poor mans GTAV - still a good game but

Wolfenstein I got a few months after release just as a game to pass the time (plus smyths were (are?) doing a deal in store where it was half price

Very pleasantly surprised with it and had good game time out of it
    Worth checking if your local smyths still have it at half price (it Cork it was maylor street that had them not Kinsale road)

Hope that helps
    Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I haven't got any of those yet, but if I had to pick one it would be Wolfenstein.

I played Assassins Creed Black Flag on the 360, and they are all the same at this stage now.

I was looking at some of the clips of people playing WatchDogs on Upload, and would I be right in saying that its really low texture and doesn't look good at all? It really put me off anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Thanks in advance.
    I'd either go with Assassins Creed or Wolfenstein.Havent played Wolfenstein but I heard good things about it.

Assassins Creed I thought was very good certainly better than the third but I loved the naval side of things .

Watchdogs was a big let down for me. Probably the only game I played for a few hours and just couldn't get back into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Robot Nazis do sound quite appealing.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I was looking at some of the clips of people playing WatchDogs on Upload, and would I be right in saying that its really low texture and doesn't look good at all? It really put me off anyways...

Yeah kinda - its hard to put the finger on it, the textures dont feel well defined maybe?

What annoyed me was the driving mechanics - didnt feel realistic at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What about metro redeux? 2 full games for 35-40 quid, wolfenstein gets my vote of the ones you listed but it'll not last you more than a week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Xbox is acting up.

Holding down the glowing button on my control pad isn't bringing up the option to turn off the Xbox (it just turns off the controller without a warning on screen). Notifications seemed to have turned off. Can't go into settings; it just won't boot. Neither will Upload actually, so could be the apps aren't working...

Also, my "Day One 2013" controller seems a bit borked; whenever I'm using it, it's like the forward command is jammed on, as if someone is holding the left stick up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Xbox is acting up.

Holding down the glowing button on my control pad isn't bringing up the option to turn off the Xbox (it just turns off the controller without a warning on screen). Notifications seemed to have turned off. Can't go into settings; it just won't boot. Neither will Upload actually, so could be the apps aren't working...

Also, my "Day One 2013" controller seems a bit borked; whenever I'm using it, it's like the forward command is jammed on, as if someone is holding the left stick up. :(

have you tried a full power down of the xbox? plug it out of the wall completely and restart, you'd be surprised at what that'll fix.

on the controller front, I had that happen to me with a 360 controller, it was as a result of it falling off the arm of the couch and (presumably) landing on the thumbstick, it wasnt terrible, but if you left the controller idle, there would be a "drift" of the crosshair on screen.

Haven't had a chance to turn on Destiny yet but is there anywhere that I can read up on the folklore/history of the universe in the game? Or is there any?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to turn on Destiny yet but is there anywhere that I can read up on the folklore/history of the universe in the game? Or is there any?

One huge downside to the game I've noticed so far (lvl. 9 - early days, I know) is they explain almost nothing about the enemies, the planet, the conflict, why you are doing what you are doing etc... :rolleyes:

Pretty crap story delivery, I'd imagine when the reviews start flooding in, this is gonna come up alot. Halo wasn't particularly story driven either, but I had a decent grasp on it and it held my attention - I had a good understanding of what was going on, and it was pretty decent... Even if the game-play was rehashed over and over again, I enjoyed it. But with Destiny, I feel Bungie has left people completely detached from any decent narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still going back and forward on Xbox One or PS4. Getting one or the other this weekend regardless but it's become tougher and tougher to make a decision. Anyone know of the best bundle deal in Dublin at the moment? I see Argos have an Xbox One with Destiny for €399 but that expires today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Still going back and forward on Xbox One or PS4. Getting one or the other this weekend regardless but it's become tougher and tougher to make a decision. Anyone know of the best bundle deal in Dublin at the moment? I see Argos have an Xbox One with Destiny for €399 but that expires today.

I got the console, Destiny and Halo from game.co.uk for €440... (Halo wont ship until it's released) Thought it was a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

that price is a bargain. you're not sure on whether destiny is your thing or not, this is only round the corner
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/consoles/bundles/sunset-overdrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

is it worth getting the kinect version of the xbo, or just get a bunndle without???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

tripperman wrote: »
    is it worth getting the kinect version of the xbo, or just get a bunndle without???

Get it without. If you want one afterwards you can pick them up for next to nothing - seen people asking €30 on adverts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement