Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Hococop wrote: »
    Yeah thats my worry the big updates, and with eircom its says I will have the fiber broadband in my area next month but knowing them it could be 6 months before I actually am able to get it

I was in a similar situation and it took 3 months once Fibre was active in my area before i could get it., our old BB was still 12mb but we were struggling with download caps as we have a number of devices mostly for watching youtube and netflix. I am very happy to not have a cap now as downloading a game like Battlefield was over 40GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Trying to get COD Ghosts for a friend. I suggested this place at first https://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-%28Xbox-360-%26-Xbox-One-Combo%29

Though it says there that it'll only work on gamertags from specific European countries, I talked to them through twitter where they said that download codes on Xbox one are not region free. Is that right? I don't suppose anyone reading this has ordered the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I heard that before, I think it's true - in so far that if your region is set to IE, and you try and redeem a code for the US Marketplace it won't work

But I'd imagine if you just switch your region setting to US it would work?

True it works I was the first in Ireland to buy from them that confirmed it worked, i downloaded on Xbox 360 first, and then it showed up as free on xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Furp wrote: »
    True it works I was the first in Ireland to buy from them that confirmed it worked, i downloaded on Xbox 360 first, and then it showed up as free on xbox one.

Did you need to switch your region to anywhere else?

• Advertisement

Nolimits wrote: »
    Did you need to switch your region to anywhere else?
    No switch required I bought titanfall and Forza 5 from them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Another price cut in the UK. £20 this time, not much, but still better than nothing. Eurogamer has it here.

I still think that it's impressive that Microsoft are responding to the poor sales so rapidly. They could have waited a year, spinning it all the time, but it seems like they really want to close that sales gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Another price cut in the UK. £20 this time, not much, but still better than nothing. Eurogamer has it here.

I still think that it's impressive that Microsoft are responding to the poor sales so rapidly. They could have waited a year, spinning it all the time, but it seems like they really want to close that sales gap.

i think christmas is going to tell a lot, lots of great games starting to come out for both consoles and its the first real run of sales for anyone you wouldn't term an "early adopter"

on the poor sales, its still selling better than the 360 did at this point in its lifespan, so I think they'd obviously like to close the gap to sony, but theres certainly no fear of anything bad happening the brand as a whole.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you explain EA access and game sharing to anyone on the fence I don't see why they wouldn't buy a One.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

If i have an xbox membership on xbox one then can any profile play on that xb without membership? I heard this. Hope its true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

rottie 11 wrote: »
    If i have an xbox membership on xbox one then can any profile play on that xb without membership? I heard this. Hope its true?

Yes, you share gold on your home console and anyone can play your games and use your gold access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

does it take much to switch my live account between 360 and one consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

tripperman wrote: »

Is it not active on both anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It is active on both consoles. Just log on to the One and it will use your account - you can even log on to the 360 at the same time.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Is it not active on both anyway?

is it, i dont know im only looking to buy the xbox one in next few weeks, if it is that be great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Its all the same account, you don't need to do anything.

Its all the same account, you don't need to do anything.

thats great just making sure

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well I finally took the plunge and got myself an Xbox One thanks to Argos' crazy offer - €379 with Titanfall and Destiny. Going to get the EA access deal because I'd pay that for Battlefield alone but are there any hidden gems that I should check into? Of the launch titles, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse look interesting but is there anything else I might have missed? Cheers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CatInABox wrote: »

Yes! at this rate i'll be getting an x1 within a year, just in time for halo5 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well I finally took the plunge and got myself an Xbox One thanks to Argos' crazy offer - €379 with Titanfall and Destiny. Going to get the EA access deal because I'd pay that for Battlefield alone but are there any hidden gems that I should check into? Of the launch titles, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse look interesting but is there anything else I might have missed? Cheers.

Not sure if you've been getting them so far, but if you've got Xbox Live, be sure to get the Games with Gold for Xbox One.

Perhaps hold off on Ryse, it's probably going to be on Games with Gold sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

forza 5 can be got digitally for under €30 on gamespoints now, assassins creed 4 is about 30 secondhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

dead rising 3 is a good laugh
    ryse meh i sold it without even finishing it, same thing all the way through, look amazing graphics wise, get a second hand copy for a score
    forza is good
    watch dogs is alright too only 40 quid in gamestop now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Meh watchdogs is missable.

Yeah, I'd skip watchdogs for now. Big fat meh.

EA Access and Destiny/Titanfall will be keeping you busy for a while I'd imagine!

Forza - great and can be gotten cheaply
    Ryse - wait it out, expect it to be in games with gold sooner or later. It was panned at launch but it's a surprisingly fun game

Arcade games - I really liked Strider, STFU and Guacamelee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Meh watchdogs is missable.

i was playing ghost for ages as part of a clan, watchdogs is relaxing only cost me 43 euro from videogamesplus.ca
    probably get a score on adverts when i sell it and there isnt much out there at the moment, tempted with gta but its so long coming out im not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

i was playing ghost for ages as part of a clan, watchdogs is relaxing only cost me 43 euro from videogamesplus.ca
    probably get a score on adverts when i sell it and there isnt much out there at the moment, tempted with gta but its so long coming out im not sure

Wolfenstein is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have the FIFA bundle ordered so will be grabbing tomorrow night, as its a download token has anyone any experience downloading on launch day of a large game?

I gather the process is pretty easy but the download speeds, have people been able to hit over 100Mbps ? I can download at home at 50Mpbs or bring it to work and download at 1Gbps but if the connection is going across the water or their pipe is too slow it may not make any difference?

Destiny was 40gb (?) and was getting great speeds the morning of launch (200mb line), took no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fescue wrote: »
    Wolfenstein is great.

Oh yes, must pick that one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Looking for Xbox One friends. My gt is Marconi IRL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement