Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Free Zoo Tycoon Avatar elephant hat for anyone who wants it:
    TKTDQ-TGT7M-QMYQJ-7F2TY-M73DZ

Got 2 of them from Skittles Up Xbox prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Can you use American xbox'es here in ireland,i know the plug will be 2 pin but is that the only difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any sign of skygo yet?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Any sign of skygo yet?

no guarantee it will ever turn up, they were both in a court dispute recently

http://www.tekrevue.com/following-trademark-dispute-microsoft-rebrands-skydrive-onedrive/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    no guarantee it will ever turn up, they were both in a court dispute recently

http://www.tekrevue.com/following-trademark-dispute-microsoft-rebrands-skydrive-onedrive/

And that no doubt, Is why you now have to pay extra to have sky go on your xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Can you use American xbox'es here in ireland,i know the plug will be 2 pin but is that the only difference?

You can use them but your BR player will be region encoded. Changing the plug is easy, its just a kettle lead to swap out. Most new consoles should have a universal power brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone know where i pick up Ryse really cheap ?. Not looking to spend more then €20 for it

Anyone know where i pick up Ryse really cheap ?. Not looking to spend more then €20 for it

Id say xtravison would be your best bet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Changing the plug is easy, its just a kettle lead to swap out. Most new consoles should have a universal power brick.

US power bricks run on 110v so you would need to buy a 220v one changing the plug won't work.

D_BEAR wrote: »
    US power bricks run on 110v so you would need to buy a 220v one changing the plug won't work.

Most new consoles should have a universal power brick. The older versions did not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Most new consoles should have a universal power brick. The older versions did not.

They should have made it universal alright but they didn't the voltage rating on my xbox one power brick is 240/200v.

D_BEAR wrote: »
    They should have made it universal alright but they didn't the voltage rating on my xbox one power brick is 240/200v.

Ok, so i am not talking theoretical - the new batch of consoles have universal power bricks. The old stock do not, if the retailer is still selling old stock then you need to check the voltage first. US consoles should all be new stock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Recent posts regards games have been moved to the Xbox Gaming thread. All posts regarding the playing of games, match organisation, recommendations etc etc will now go/be moved there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turned on my One tonight to play Destiny for a while and I can't connect to Destiny at all and my Nat has switched from open to strict.

Its so annoying at this stage :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

OK I don't know if anyone else is the same or not. I bought the Xbox one fifa 15 bundle and the seal on the box (not the one with the fifa 15 picture on it the one under it) is broken. I checked other shops is well and it is the same. Anyone else noticed this? Anyone know why it is like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

fontdor wrote: »
    OK I don't know if anyone else is the same or not. I bought the Xbox one fifa 15 bundle and the seal on the box (not the one with the fifa 15 picture on it the one under it) is broken. I checked other shops is well and it is the same. Anyone else noticed this? Anyone know why it is like this?

It's to put the FIFA 15 downloadable code into the box same with my Titanfall bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Ebay
    I've seen them go for £12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if Chromecast will work on the XB1? I had an app for watching movies on an ipad but won't play since the ios8 update. The app still works on my android phone so if the chromecast works it would be worth picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

markc1184 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if Chromecast will work on the XB1? I had an app for watching movies on an ipad but won't play since the ios8 update. The app still works on my android phone so if the chromecast works it would be worth picking one up.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to stream stuff on the chromecast from XB1? or from XB1 to Chromecast? Or something else?

Cheers
    Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Trying to stream from my phone to xb1 using the chromecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

markc1184 wrote: »
    Trying to stream from my phone to xb1 using the chromecast.

I dont recall seeing Chromecast acting as DLNA server, I would have thought you would need some DLNA server like BubblePNP viewable? Is there a streaming enabled app for Chrome cast?

I stream from XBMC or Twonky or very occasionally bubblepnp, sounds like you need an DLNA app for your phone more than anything else?

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

-Toppy- wrote: »
    I dont recall seeing Chromecast acting as DLNA server, I would have thought you would need some DLNA server like BubblePNP viewable? Is there a streaming enabled app for Chrome cast?

I stream from XBMC or Twonky or very occasionally bubblepnp, sounds like you need an DLNA app for your phone more than anything else?

HTH

I think they're plugging the chromecast into the HDMI In on xbox one and 'casting' from their phone / laptop to it (and viewing it that way).

A bit of a roundabout way, when the Media player update should sort a lot of media woes shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think they're plugging the chromecast into the HDMI In on xbox one and 'casting' from their phone / laptop to it (and viewing it that way).

A bit of a roundabout way, when the Media player update should sort a lot of media woes shortly.

Yeah getting a chrome cast is a waste , it's very limited and the media player app will do the job when it's rolled out to all next month.

You can install a dnla server app on the android device plex being the best but not free but there are others, and the media player app will pick it up.

Worth bearing in mind also many modern smart tv's will also see dlna servers so you could take the One and Chromecast out of the picture entirely. Hell even our vodafone broadband router will act as an ftp/dlna server if you attach storage and spend 5 minutes setting it up. I tested that my phone, tv and one (beta dashboard) all see it and stream from it , simple to transfer of files via ftp to it from phone or pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Disappointed in the controllers for the Xbox One, the left thumbstick is dodgy after one day of play :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    Disappointed in the controllers for the Xbox One, the left thumbstick is dodgy after one day of play :(

you must have got a gammy one, I've not heard of anyone complaining about the sticks - however my day one controller creaks if you squeeze it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have you got on to where you bought it from? Seems rare TBH, haven't heard much complaints about the XB1 sticks.

<headset chat moved to headset thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

you must have got a gammy one, I've not heard of anyone complaining about the sticks - however my day one controller creaks if you squeeze it.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Have you got on to where you bought it from? Seems rare TBH, haven't heard much complaints about the XB1 sticks.

Took it back to Argos today and got a new one. I do go right n hard at it in Fifa, tongue out n all, so the left thumbstick does get some pressure on it lol. That said, I have 5 year old 360 pads from my original purchase with no issues bar replacing worn left thumbsticks. Here's hoping it was just a game one.

While I'm at it, liking the new and design apart from the bumpers, they don't suit my big hands lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

I purchased an xbox one on the Argos 379.99 + 2 games deal and bought Fifa 15 off of the us store. On the first day I was able to access online features and play one of my friends in the online friendlies option.

I have been unable to play on any of the online features since. I get a message saying 'Your profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature'

Anyone have any idea of a fix for this?

I have xbox live gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    I purchased an xbox one on the Argos 379.99 + 2 games deal and bought Fifa 15 off of the us store. On the first day I was able to access online features and play one of my friends in the online friendlies option.

I have been unable to play on any of the online features since. I get a message saying 'Your profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature'

Anyone have any idea of a fix for this?

I have xbox live gold.

Give Live support a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anybody know the cheapest place to buy a controller in a bricks and mortar shop ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement