Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    I purchased an xbox one on the Argos 379.99 + 2 games deal and bought Fifa 15 off of the us store. On the first day I was able to access online features and play one of my friends in the online friendlies option.

I have been unable to play on any of the online features since. I get a message saying 'Your profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature'

Anyone have any idea of a fix for this?

I have xbox live gold.

Did you put in a proper US address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

Did you put in a proper US address ?

Yes, I have access to all features except if i want to play online seasons, online friendlies, fut etc.. I can download latest squads and access the ea servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    Yes, I have access to all features except if i want to play online seasons, online friendlies, fut etc.. I can download latest squads and access the ea servers.

What about the other game, can you play it online?

Is this issue only arising in FIFA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Headset chat moved to the Headset Discussion Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

How do you use the voice comand thing? Do i need kinect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How do you use the voice comand thing? Do i need kinect?

If you mean commands like Xbox> Go Home, or Xbox > Turn off
    Yea you need the Kinect

-Toppy- wrote: »
    If you mean commands like Xbox> Go Home, or Xbox > Turn off
    Yea you need the Kinect

So the one in cex for 28euro wil do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So the one in cex for 28euro wil do?

yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

For Kinect voice command I have to change region to UK is that correct? does that mean each time I want to use store I have to change it back? do I have to change it back to Ireland for any other reason?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Villain wrote: »
    For Kinect voice command I have to change region to UK is that correct? does that mean each time I want to use store I have to change it back? do I have to change it back to Ireland for any other reason?

You don't need to change your region at all, you just have to select the spoken language you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

has anyone got any idea when the october update is coming out will it be early in the month or late? cannot find any info as to when we can expect it to drop.

*** no smart arse replies of october please ***

How do record game clips without kinect? It records some clips itself but some ones i want and it doesnt record them?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

How do record game clips without kinect? It records some clips itself but some ones i want and it doesnt record them?

You'll have to snap the game dvr app, double tap the xbox button to switch control between the game/app

you need to go into the game DVR app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Snap the dvr. Double click the xbox button and it'll snap the menu for you to select the dvr, not the most convenient but it works!

EDIT: all those replies :D

TheGunns wrote: »
    Snap the dvr. Double click the xbox button and it'll snap the menu for you to select the dvr, not the most convenient but it works!

EDIT: all those replies :D

yours was probably the most helpful though :)

Roll on the october update, you'll be able to do it by double tapping the xbox button.

Thanks for replies , but do i hav keep that app snapped so while i play?

I'm not 100% , but I think it stays running, so that when you snap again its there.

or you could pick up a kinect in cex for 28 euros....... jus sayin; ;)

I'm not 100% , but I think it stays running, so that when you snap again its there.

or you could pick up a kinect in cex for 28 euros....... jus sayin; ;)

I know i must pick up one of them when i have the spare cash. All u have do then is say xbox record is it?

I know i must pick up one of them when i have the spare cash. All u have do then is say xbox record is it?

yeah that's all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Tippex wrote: »
    has anyone got any idea when the october update is coming out will it be early in the month or late? cannot find any info as to when we can expect it to drop.

*** no smart arse replies of october please ***

Should be soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I purchased an Xbox One on Monday and it was working fine until earlier today when i was playing a game and the console just shut off suddenly.I powered it back on and it was working fine from then onwards but the incident has me worried about how well made and reliable the console actually is.Is anyone else experiencing this sort of problem?

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    Disappointed in the controllers for the Xbox One, the left thumbstick is dodgy after one day of play :(
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Took it back to Argos today and got a new one. I do go right n hard at it in Fifa, tongue out n all, so the left thumbstick does get some pressure on it lol. That said, I have 5 year old 360 pads from my original purchase with no issues bar replacing worn left thumbsticks. Here's hoping it was just a game one.

While I'm at it, liking the new and design apart from the bumpers, they don't suit my big hands lol

Replacement controller has gone the same way, disappointing build quality.

Should be soon enough

Whats being updated anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can have the smartglass app running on phone/tablet/pc and it has a bright shiny record that button that is far more reliable than the voice or controller support for recording stuff.

Theres somethng wrong with my xb1 , i have fifa 15 and minecraft both on hardrive and when i go into them it they just freeze like at the main menu it just keeps saying loading? Anyone know what is wrong? Fifa was working fine 2 hours ago

Theres somethng wrong with my xb1 , i have fifa 15 and minecraft both on hardrive and when i go into them it they just freeze like at the main menu it just keeps saying loading? Anyone know what is wrong? Fifa was working fine 2 hours ago

If you're caught in a freeze do a hard reset. Hold the Xbox power button down for 7 seconds

Seems to solve a vast amount of XB1 issues.

If you're caught in a freeze do a hard reset. Hold the Xbox power button down for 7 seconds

Seems to solve a vast amount of XB1 issues.

The xbox home button is it? And while the xbox is on?

The xbox home button is it? And while the xbox is on?

The power button on the Xbox one console and yes while it's on.

Look for the Xbox logo on the right side of the console

• Advertisement

The power button on the Xbox one console and yes while it's on.

Look for the Xbox logo on the right side of the console

Thanks bud it worked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement