Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

For some unknown reason, my Xbox one controller will only turn on the console now and then. Literally it's random. I have replaced batteries too. Not a major issue, I mean I can get my lazy ass off the couch the turn on the console manually and the controller works away fine. But most times, I hold down the Xbox button on the controller, it starts flashing, console doesn't turn on. Anyone else experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Backfire wrote: »
    For some unknown reason, my Xbox one controller will only turn on the console now and then. Literally it's random. I have replaced batteries too. Not a major issue, I mean I can get my lazy ass off the couch the turn on the console manually and the controller works away fine. But most times, I hold down the Xbox button on the controller, it starts flashing, console doesn't turn on. Anyone else experience this?

Try re-sync it. Look for the button on the top of the controller. Click it, and then touch the sensor on the Xbox. It's located to the left side of the disc tray.

If that fails, use a usb, and go to settings, system, and update controller.

Should fix the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Backfire wrote: »

Have you updated your controller? Its happened to me but its rare enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mod: All Plex chat moved to the Plex thread (I can see Plex very much needing a thread of its own, so nows as good a time as any to have one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone get the email from the rewards programme for referring a friend who is upgrading to a One

There’s no better way to enjoy the new Xbox One than with friends, so why not share the experience and split 50,000 Rewards Credits? Half for you, and half for the first friend to complete this offer. It’s one of our biggest offers – and it’s handpicked for loyal Xbox Live Rewards members like you!

Upgrade to an Xbox One between 7 October and 26 October and share the fun!

You refer someone who is upgrading and you both get 25k credits which is about €20 I think.

I don't know anyone upgrading, so if anyone knows someone getting one between now and the 26th drop me their gamer tag and we will both profit :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I saw that yeah

Time to lurk around the bargain alert thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

maximoose wrote: »
    I saw that yeah

Time to lurk around the bargain alert thread :pac:

Ha ha ha great thinking :pac:

Seems they need to be a current Xbox Live gold member

Themes, wallpapers and screenshots on the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got the same email myself. Have a friend that might be picking one up before the end of the month so fingers crossed. Those 25,000 points work out at about €25 right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

My friend picked up a One on Saturday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Have they sorted out the game install disaster yet?
    I'm a 360 owner and can't decide whether to get an xbox one or ps4 in the future.
    I've heard bad things about the xbox one really stupid stuff like that you have to plug out the ethernet cable to install games or else the xbox one downloads the entire game off the internet and you're left hours waiting to play a game that you've bought on disc.
    How long does it take before you can play a game if you do the game installs offline?
    Can you install a game in the background while you play another game?
    Can you download patches in the background while playing another game
    Or are you stuck waiting for patches to download unable to play other games?
    I'd like to know this before I buy one(or not) because I have slow broadband in comparison to most at only 6mbps.
    I've read that you can play games on the ps4 pretty much instantly so how long do you have to wait on the xbox one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Have they sorted out the game install disaster yet?
    I'm a 360 owner and can't decide whether to get an xbox one or ps4 in the future.
    I've heard bad things about the xbox one really stupid stuff like that you have to plug out the ethernet cable to install games or else the xbox one downloads the entire game off the internet and you're left hours waiting to play a game that you've bought on disc.
    How long does it take before you can play a game if you do the game installs offline?
    Can you install a game in the background while you play another game?
    Can you download patches in the background while playing another game
    Or are you stuck waiting for patches to download unable to play other games?
    I'd like to know this before I buy one(or not) because I have slow broadband in comparison to most at only 6mbps.
    I've read that you can play games on the ps4 pretty much instantly so how long do you have to wait on the xbox one?

Ok let me try and answer.The first thing you mentioned, i've never heard of.
    Game installs can be anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on the size of the game.
    Yes you can install a game in the background while you're playing another game.The same goes for patches unless of course the patch is for the actual game you want to play.
    Most games on the one can be played when there about 10% or 15% installed.I cant remember exactly as most of my games i've bought are digital and that depends on your internet speed.

Just have a look at the exclusives coming out for the PS4 and the Xbox and make your decision.

You should have a look at game sharing for the Xbox and EA Access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

With that amout of questions I think he would suite the ps4 lads

Don't know what disaster you are talking about. Installs are a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

That doesn't sound too bad.
    I mean on the xbox 360 you had to wait for the game to install and couldn't do anything in the background but it wasn't really a problem because they only took a few minutes to install.
    I'm not biased on either side.
    I don't like the fact that the PS4 has no media player functionality at all.
    That's something I thought was handy on the 360 and I know they recently put that on the Xbox one.
    If you can play games you downloaded while waiting for a game to install it doesn't really seem to be that bad of a problem.
    The main question I was asking was when you put in a disk based game to install how long is it before you can start playing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

quinnd6 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound too bad.
    I mean on the xbox 360 you had to wait for the game to install and couldn't do anything in the background but it wasn't really a problem because they only took a few minutes to install.
    I'm not biased on either side.
    I don't like the fact that the PS4 has no media player functionality at all.
    That's something I thought was handy on the 360 and I know they recently put that on the Xbox one.
    If you can play games you downloaded while waiting for a game to install it doesn't really seem to be that bad of a problem.
    The main question I was asking was when you put in a disk based game to install how long is it before you can start playing it?
    When I first got Bf4 it was about half an hour before I could play it. It's been Nearly a year now and it's still in the tray as all my games are digital.
    Depends on the game size but maybe someone else knows who May have bought a disc game recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    Disappointed in the controllers for the Xbox One, the left thumbstick is dodgy after one day of play :(
    Took it back to Argos today and got a new one. I do go right n hard at it in Fifa, tongue out n all, so the left thumbstick does get some pressure on it lol. That said, I have 5 year old 360 pads from my original purchase with no issues bar replacing worn left thumbsticks. Here's hoping it was just a game one.

While I'm at it, liking the new and design apart from the bumpers, they don't suit my big hands lol
    Replacement controller has gone the same way, disappointing build quality.

Update:

Well, got onto Xbox Support regarding the faulty 2nd controller. They raised a repair ticket and the guy on Live Chat said that the replacement would be grand - I said no point in sending me another if the quality hasn't been improved upon, he said that it has.

Went to print out the UPS label today, repair free btw, and it had an old address of mine on it :( Back onto Live Chat and address updated but I asked this second guy to back up what the first guy said, that the replacement controller should be fine. He stated that the left thumbstick fault is a known issue and subsequent controllers have this sorted :)

Add to this, that being without my only controller I went to Asda and purchased a new one and so far so good *touch wood*. I have noticed that on this controller the bumpers now make an audible 'click' whereas before I didn't know whether or not I was pressing them due to my big hands - so I'm hoping this new Asda controller is from the new 'build'. Here's hoping.

Doubts about your left thumbstick? It's a known issue according to Hans from Xbox Live Chat, free repair for me and should be for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Update:

Well, got onto Xbox Support regarding the faulty 2nd controller. They raised a repair ticket and the guy on Live Chat said that the replacement would be grand - I said no point in sending me another if the quality hasn't been improved upon, he said that it has.

Went to print out the UPS label today, repair free btw, and it had an old address of mine on it :( Back onto Live Chat and address updated but I asked this second guy to back up what the first guy said, that the replacement controller should be fine. He stated that the left thumbstick fault is a known issue and subsequent controllers have this sorted :)

Add to this, that being without my only controller I went to Asda and purchased a new one and so far so good *touch wood*. I have noticed that on this controller the bumpers now make an audible 'click' whereas before I didn't know whether or not I was pressing them due to my big hands - so I'm hoping this new Asda controller is from the new 'build'. Here's hoping.

Doubts about your left thumbstick? It's a known issue according to Hans from Xbox Live Chat, free repair for me and should be for you.

My left thumbstick is gone now as well. I can't sprint in any game with it.
    Whats the address you uses to get live chat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Anyone know if Xbox one games bought in America can be played in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My left thumbstick is gone now as well. I can't sprint in any game with it.
    Whats the address you uses to get live chat ?

I went to xbox.com and logged in, then to 'support' > xbox One > 'contact us' and then Live Chat was down at the bottom.

Edit: new controller is doing grand after about two hours play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Juan8 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Xbox one games bought in America can be played in Ireland?

Yes, they will work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I went to xbox.com and logged in, then to 'support' > xbox One > 'contact us' and then Live Chat was down at the bottom.

Edit: new controller is doing grand after about two hours play.

Cool thanks. Will give it a go later and see what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Got the same email myself. Have a friend that might be picking one up before the end of the month so fingers crossed. Those 25,000 points work out at about €25 right?

i got mine sunday, put havent took it out of the box yet, so would that rule me in or out??

tripperman wrote: »
    i got mine sunday, put havent took it out of the box yet, so would that rule me in or out??

In I would say. It registers once you sign your profile in on the Xbox one, but I think you have to have a current Xbox Live Gold account. Want an invite? ;)

In I would say. It registers once you sign your profile in on the Xbox one. Want an invite? ;)

yeah thats good, ill set up tonight or 2moro so

You need to sign up at rewards.xbox.com first before you set up the console, or I'd say they won't track it!
    1. Sign up for Xbox Live Rewards
    2. Purchase an Xbox One
    3. Log in to your Xbox One with your Gamertag
    4. Be the first friend and you'll enjoy 25,000 Rewards Credits!

You need to sign up at rewards.xbox.com first before you set up the console, or I'd say they won't track it!

ah rite ill start that tonight so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Update:

The controllers are very badly put together. I've had two replacements both day one editions both with faults related to the left thumbstick.

We'll see how long this latest revised non day one edition lasts.

it says takes two days to process??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My left thumbstick is broke aswel, i dropped my control tho , wil they stil repair it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement