Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

VeVeX wrote: »
    The controllers are very badly put together. I've had two replacements both day one editions both with faults related to the left thumbstick.

We'll see how long this latest revised non day one edition lasts.

No they are not - bound to find a few issues but that doesnt mean they are badly made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No they are not - bound to find a few issues but that doesnt mean they are badly made.

Errrm, the left thumbstick is used to move in nearly every game, it's not fit for purpose so is badly made. Xbox support said it is a 'known issue'. On my third now and this one seems to be a new batch, all is good so far.

Don't have this yock long so pardon my uselessness.
    Is there any way to have music playing from external hard drive or stored on xbox whilst playing a game. Say, playing fifa but listening to vengaboys megamix instead of commentary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Liamalone wrote: »
    Don't have this yock long so pardon my uselessness.
    Is there any way to have music playing from external hard drive or stored on xbox whilst playing a game. Say, playing fifa but listening to vengaboys megamix instead of commentary?

Yes the media player app can be snapped but you have to start the music in full screen mode then snap it , only problem is the app has to be snapped at all times to continue to hear the music playing.

Oh not sure if the media player app is available for everyone yet, I'm in the beta.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there a way to control a game while you have an app snapped? I always just seem to have control of the app and have to unsnap before I can control the game again.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes the media player app can be snapped but you have to start the music in full screen mode then snap it , only problem is the app has to be snapped at all times to continue to hear the music playing.

Oh not sure if the media player app is available for everyone yet, I'm in the beta.

Balls to that, keeping it snapped that is. Cheers though.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there a way to control a game while you have an app snapped? I always just seem to have control of the app and have to unsnap before I can control the game again.

I think someone mentioned double tapped the guide button to switch between the two, haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah double tapping the guide button used to switch control between the snapped app and the main game but now it brings up a little option menu where you then press left on d-pad to take control of the game or right on the d-pad to take control of the snapped app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have been getting a problem only on my him internet when using my xbox one. Basically the problem is that when i join a party i can hear the other person trow the headset but no one can hear me speak trow it :confused:

What might the problem be ?.

With the xbox one headset adapter what kind of head sets can i plug into it ? As i have the Sony wireless Gold headset and wondering can i use the 3.5mm jack into the adapter for it to work ?

With the xbox one headset adapter what kind of head sets can i plug into it ? As i have the Sony wireless Gold headset and wondering can i use the 3.5mm jack into the adapter for it to work ?

Afaik you can use any 3.5mm earphones, even with built in mic with the headset adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-Xbox/dp/B00I9WV4OM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413049554&sr=8-1&keywords=halo

Halo: The Master Chief Collection for £40 pound from Amazon well worth a pre order at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

how long does the inital update on the one take when you start for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

tripperman wrote: »
    how long does the inital update on the one take when you start for the first time

It varies depending on your internet speed. Has it updated?

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It varies depending on your internet speed. Has it updated?

56% so far

56% so far

Yeah it can take a fair while. Don't re-boot the console when it's updating even if it seems like it's taking ages.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Errrm, the left thumbstick is used to move in nearly every game, it's not fit for purpose so is badly made. Xbox support said it is a 'known issue'. On my third now and this one seems to be a new batch, all is good so far.

Its a known issue that a tiny amount of them may have that problem. That doesn't mean they are badly made, its just something that happens when you are producing millions of units.

Yeah it can take a fair while. Don't re-boot the console when it's updating even if it seems like it's taking ages.

do you need to have controller powered up wgen doing it??

do you need to have controller powered up wgen doing it??
    No. Just to press 'A' when prompted. What stage is the update at? It should have been done by now. Using a wired connection instead of wireless is faster.

No. Just to press 'A' when prompted. What stage is the update at? It should have been done by now. Using a wired connection instead of wireless is faster.

finished 20 mins ago just signing in and doing that first time stuff now

finished 20 mins ago just signing in and doing that first time stuff now

Oh the excitement :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh the excitement :D

installing a game takes a while

• Advertisement

installing a game takes a while

It sure does. Downloading it takes even longer, especially when you're used to 150mbs and are suddenly surviving on 6mbs :pac:

Thank **** they added pre-loading of games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When snapped, say "Xbox, switch"

Only discovered that myself about a week ago

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It sure does. Downloading it takes even longer, especially when you're used to 150mbs and are suddenly surviving on 6mbs :pac:

Thank **** they added pre-loading of games :D

i signed off live powered off and back on and it went from 8% to 12 in an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

anyone else's one occasionally freeze up when doing basic stuff like navigating the os? not major freeze, just a second or 3 of non-responsiveness for example. given that year one is almost up i figure if it's an issue with my machine i might as well get it fixed under warranty for free now

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

You can also double-tap the guide button and then press left on the D-pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

okla wrote: »
    You can also double-tap the guide button and then press left on the D-pad.
    Is that only with the October firmware update? (Snap Center)

Otherwise, I thought just double-tapping the Xbox button switched between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Is that only with the October firmware update? (Snap Center)

Otherwise, I thought just double-tapping the Xbox button switched between the two.

Maybe it is, I only got the xbox one last month so im not sure. I'm in the dasboard beta too. I was just thinking for people who don't have a kinect.

Anyone elses friends list not showing?

Mine has been saying since last night "we are unable to show your friends at the moment" when i click on friends. Dosent show me if anyone is online or anything.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mine has been saying since last night "we are unable to show your friends at the moment" when i click on friends. Dosent show me if anyone is online or anything.

Yeah same for everyone , they're aware of it as it says they're working on it on the status page.

• Advertisement

xbox.com/status

Affected services:

Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing

10/13/2014 3:36:10 AM CST:

Having difficulties managing your Friends or Profiles? Us too, but we're already working hard to address this issue! We’re grateful for your patience in the meantime, Xbox members. We’ll update you as soon as we have more information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement