Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There has been so many problems with live since the one was launched. Its gone beyond a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There has been so many problems with live since the one was launched. Its gone beyond a joke now.

Services have been up and down a bit in September due to the launching in 40+ new countries alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Just wondering does anyone know what the story is with xbox rewards when you purchase from a different region? As far as I can seen I'm only getting rewards points for the purchases from the Irish store, is there a way to get them for other regions too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Unfortunately no, you can only get credits for your purchases in the region your rewards profile is set up for.

You can ask them to close your rewards profile, and then re-open one with your region set as US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I had to google to see what that was , kids and their apps these days /grumble grumble /shakes walking stick

calex71 wrote: »
    I had to google to see what that was , kids and their apps these days /grumble grumble /shakes walking stick

lol, I only joined it recently myself. Used to see YouTube videos of best vines on Facebook the whole time tho. Does be some good ones on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    lol, I only joined it recently myself. Used to see YouTube videos of best vines on Facebook the whole time tho. Does be some good ones on it :D

RKO and Blanka ftw had some chuckles here tonight watching those :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

NAT type reverted to moderate again for no apparent reason. Anyone who's having problems in MP on any game have a gander in Network as I'd say it's the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    NAT type reverted to moderate again for no apparent reason. Anyone who's having problems in MP on any game have a gander in Network as I'd say it's the same reason.
    Are your ports forwarded to a manual IP address on the XB1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

They are indeed.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    They are indeed.

Hard reset Xbox and reset router usually solves random NAT for me, you try?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm surprised that there's no warning indicator on the controller to tell you that the battery is about to die, big oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

It shows as a pop up on the screen when the batteries are running low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

nicklauski wrote: »
    It shows as a pop up on the screen when the batteries are running low.

I'm only through my first set of batteries but never seen a pop up. Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

How do you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Currently installing, come to daddy DLNA/MKV support :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How do you do this?

These instructions may help http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87836847&postcount=40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thanks but its just too confusing for me tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Anyone getting the digital tv tuner . Have a sky disc for the free to air channels .hav no box just plugged into the tv the only thing is only hav now and next on tv guide so this might be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Is there any way I can just put a game into my xbox one and just play it without the CONSTANT need to update? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Is there any way I can just put a game into my xbox one and just play it without the CONSTANT need to update? ?

disconnect it from the internet? edit - what game is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

I had the same last night picked up ryse during the week 1st there was the Xbox update then 10 GB update for ryse I have a fairly good connection as I have fiber but f1uck me its a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

naughto wrote: »
    I had the same last night picked up ryse during the week 1st there was the Xbox update then 10 GB update for ryse I have a fairly good connection as I have fiber but f1uck me its a pain in the hole

All the games i own whenever I fire them up they have to do some form of update.. forza 5, horizon 2, fifa and dead rising 3...

Getting sick of it as we only have a dongle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Have pretty much decided that I'm gonna get an X1 in the lead up to Christmas. Like everyone else I was dismayed by MS initially but on balance the exclusives I'm interested in are on the X1.

I also much prefer the xbox style joypad.

But there's one thing I gotta ask cos it does make me hesitate - does it ever piss people off on here that they are gonna get the raw end of the stick in multi platform games in terms of visuals now and in the future?

Like, it's not only the resolution thing. I don't think that would bother me once they aren't side my side. But if you're playing a multi platform game and the frame rate is poor would knowing that the other platform version is silky smooth gnaw away at ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think there have been many games where that has been the case so far, ie a massive gap in performance. Tomb Raider is one that comes to mind where it was 60fps on PS and 30fps on X1, didn't once stand out to me while playing it. I've played both versions and the difference felt pretty insignificant tbh, great looking game on both.

We're seeing more and more news lately on upcoming games that devs have the games running equally on both platforms, and it's arguable that the Xbox has had the best looking game so far - even if it was a turkey.

Reminds me, I must check out Forza Horizon 2. I've heard it is beaaaaaaaaautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

quad_red wrote: »
    Like, it's not only the resolution thing. I don't think that would bother me once they aren't side my side. But if you're playing a multi platform game and the frame rate is poor would knowing that the other platform version is silky smooth gnaw away at ye?

I didn't notice that Shadow of Mordor was 720p on X1.

And I thought I knew my sh1t. I just enjoyed playing it too much after my initial "I thought this would look better" when it first booted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

quad_red wrote: »
    Have pretty much decided that I'm gonna get an X1 in the lead up to Christmas. Like everyone else I was dismayed by MS initially but on balance the exclusives I'm interested in are on the X1.

I also much prefer the xbox style joypad.

But there's one thing I gotta ask cos it does make me hesitate - does it ever piss people off on here that they are gonna get the raw end of the stick in multi platform games in terms of visuals now and in the future?

I think you'll see the gap begin to narrow between the two, it'll always be there due to the the ps4 being more powerful, but in reality no developer will want to have their game looking or running substantially more poorly on another console.
    The Advise id give you is to see where your friends are - you don't want to be the only ps4 owner if all your mates have xbox, and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I think you'll see the gap begin to narrow between the two, it'll always be there due to the the ps4 being more powerful, but in reality no developer will want to have their game looking or running substantially more poorly on another console.
    The Advise id give you is to see where your friends are - you don't want to be the only ps4 owner if all your mates have xbox, and vice versa.

PS4 has much larger install base so developers will want to push both to the limits, so I think we will see differene between them (on paper). In real life I can't see difference between 30fps and 60 or 900p and 1080p. They only use it as marketing tool, while 95% of people do not even know what fps is. I'm big fan of PS4 and glad it is more powerful, but when Lara comes to xbox I think it will be hard to resist buying xbox and I don't think I will care about resolution. When there is love you do not see flaws :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement