Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Have you tried a hard reboot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Have you tried a hard reboot ?

After the 55% one, I hard reset my xbox, and hard reset my router back to factory settings. Also cleared the alternate mac and persistent storage on the xbox. It seems to be working and I don't mind waiting as I know it's a very large download 45gb, and will take quite some time on my 6mb connection but what's pissing me off is how inconsistent it is and how it keeps going back in how much % is complete. Wtf is the story with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

That's a new one on me with the % going up and down
    can you download it on PC/laptop and then transfer it to the xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

I had a similar problem with the update for Shadow of Mordor the other day, it kept getting about half way then stopping and restarting but it fixed itself after about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

we had a power cut for about an hour this morning, xbox one is starting a new update when turned on now, looks like the start up update from last week again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I moved a couple of recent NAT related posts there to the dedicated NAT thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057089061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

What regional apps are available on xbox one? Catch up tv etc. And can you use Kinect on the sky EPG?

also, whether it is possible to get a sunset overdrive bundle in black.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

wrt40 wrote: »
    What regional apps are available on xbox one? Catch up tv etc. And can you use Kinect on the sky EPG?

also, whether it is possible to get a sunset overdrive bundle in black.

Thanks.
    I think the white looks class

I think the white looks class

Looks ok but 360 was white so it does have a dated look. I'd like it to fit in with my existing rig, which is all black. That and the Kinect and a spare controller plus any add-ons will all be black.

It's a bit silly to force it on people though. Surely they should give the same offer to black consoles. Maybe they do, that's my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looks ok but 360 was white so it does have a dated look. I'd like it to fit in with my existing rig, which is all black. That and the Kinect and a spare controller plus any add-ons will all be black.

It's a bit silly to force it on people though. Surely they should give the same offer to black consoles. Maybe they do, that's my question.

why dont you just buy them seperately so? no ones forcing you to do anything.

• Advertisement

why dont you just buy them seperately so? no ones forcing you to do anything.

If I want to avail of the offer I need to buy a white console is what I'm saying. I'd like to buy separately yes but still avail of a discount. I'm just asking a question, don't want to buy it in white for someone to later tell me I could have got the same deal in black.

As it stands, the Sunset Overdrive bundle is white only.

Myrddin wrote: »
    As it stands, the Sunset Overdrive bundle is white only.

Thanks. Do you know if Kinect can control the Sky EPG? And do we get any catch up tv apps in Ireland?

Thanks. Do you know if Kinect can control the Sky EPG? And do we get any catch up tv apps in Ireland?

Sorry, no idea :o I've no Xbox One (yet), no Kinect 2, & am not a Sky customer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

From what I recall when I setup UPC there is an option to select Sky Ireland when you setup Oneguide (and it should all be controllable with the Kinect)

I remember reading something about Sky catchup app being some that they were going to charge (I believe there was some argy-bargy going on between Sky and MS)

For example : http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/Sky-Go-on-Xbox-One/td-p/1490171 and http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Xbox-one-Skygo/td-p/2160561

Hth
    Toppy

i seen a bracket for holding a 360 kinect to a tv or wall mounting, is there a bracket for the ones kinect or would the 360 bracket do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I know it advises against but anyone else have their Xbox one standing vertically rather than horizontally. suits my setup better this way and so far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

tripperman wrote: »
    i seen a bracket for holding a 360 kinect to a tv or wall mounting, is there a bracket for the ones kinect or would the 360 bracket do it?

The 360 bracket won't fit it. There's a few out for the One. The PDP one is great. I bought it on Amazon, think it was €28 incl. delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not sure about the 360 bracket, might have different fittings

I have this and it does the job nicely.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    The 360 bracket won't fit it. There's a few out for the One. The PDP one is great. I bought it on Amazon, think it was €28 incl. delivery.

that sounds good, would it matter if i put it over 6 feet from floor or is that for the console that distance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

that sounds good, would it matter if i put it over 6 feet from floor or is that for the console that distance?

The Kinect lead is fairly long so should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sweetie wrote: »
    I know it advises against but anyone else have their Xbox one standing vertically rather than horizontally. suits my setup better this way and so far so good

I think that was mainly for the disc drive. If you go all digital like myself then I don't think it's a problem having it vertical...

If I want to avail of the offer I need to buy a white console is what I'm saying. I'd like to buy separately yes but still avail of a discount. I'm just asking a question, don't want to buy it in white for someone to later tell me I could have got the same deal in black.

sorry if I came off as narky - not my intention. keep an eye on the argos website, they've run a few promos where you can get a game with the xbox at a greatly reduced price. You might not get it all for 400, but you might manage for 425.

see here
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2585530.htm#tab3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yes, it can. There are no apps currently for any catchup services. You can get 4OD though if you change locale.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think that was mainly for the disc drive. If you go all digital like myself then I don't think it's a problem having it vertical...

No, you cant stand it vertically. You'll reduce the ventilation and invalidate the warranty.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/position-console

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think it's anything to do with ventilation, just how the disc drive works
    “We don’t support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk. It wouldn’t be a cooling problem, we just didn’t design the drive for vertical. Because it’s a slot loading drive, we just didn’t design it for both”.

If you are going all digital I don't think it's a big problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think it's anything to do with ventilation, just how the disc drive works

If you are going all digital I don't think it's a big problem

Nah, if you look at the console and check the ventilation flows you can see that standing it vertically could easily block the flows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I wouldn't risk standing it vertical even though nearly all my games are digital. The vents on the side are there for a reason.

Another question. I'm assuming 500GB gets full pretty quickly if you download games. I remember reading that they were going to bring out an update that lets you plug a USB drive into the console. Is this just for movies and music, or can you download games onto it? If so, can you play directly off it or do you need to swap on and off the to the 500GB internal drive?

Another question. I'm assuming 500GB gets full pretty quickly if you download games. I remember reading that they were going to bring out an update that lets you plug a USB drive into the console. Is this just for movies and music, or can you download games onto it? If so, can you play directly off it or do you need to swap on and off the to the 500GB internal drive?

That update is out, you can play movies off an external drive or memory stick, but you cant use that same drive as your games storage. it has to be USB 3.0 and above (I think 250gigs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Why on earth do you have to be connected to Live for your 'pins' to be available? Downright stoopid that is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement