Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

is anyone using the one guide for Eircom evision. the one guide is setup but I am unable to get the xbox one to change channels or power on the box.
    I have tried the setup but still does not work.

Make sure the kinects IR signal can reach your TV. You can also run through TV setup in settings again to make sure everythign works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

maximoose wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Someone posted in a different thread that little woods had them for 39

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tony1980 wrote: »
    Screen going black for a few seconds, then returns to normal?
    Yeah. I've had that since launch and XBox Support always insist that it is a TV issue (even though it only happens on XBox One.

It's very annoying, because it always happens mid-game or just as they're about to say "and the murderer was ..." on a TV show.

It's usually after about 45mins or 60 mins.

TV Firmware is as new as it'll go.... Any tips greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

is anyone using the one guide for Eircom evision. the one guide is setup but I am unable to get the xbox one to change channels or power on the box.
    I have tried the setup but still does not work.

I have it set up and working perfectly, when going through the set up select evision and the provider and netgem as the box manufacturer, that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miralize wrote: »
    Thanks!

I ordered one a week ago and it still hasnt shown up. If you're in a rush, getting one from amazon.co.uk and dropped to the parcel motel is only 3 quid dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Yeah. I've had that since launch and XBox Support always insist that it is a TV issue (even though it only happens on XBox One.

It's very annoying, because it always happens mid-game or just as they're about to say "and the murderer was ..." on a TV show.

It's usually after about 45mins or 60 mins.

TV Firmware is as new as it'll go.... Any tips greatly appreciated.

Philips tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Philips tv?
    Yup. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mine is a Philips too! Any ideas Dunworth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Trueachievements app out if you switch region to UK, far better stats and tracking than the xbox's own app for achievements. you can snap solutions and guides too and the youtube links seem to work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will the re-release of GTA San Andreas be playable on the Xbox One?

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Will the re-release of GTA San Andreas be playable on the Xbox One?

No, thats only for 360 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Sure I'll throw this here too: the Evolve Alpha sign up is open if anyone's interested: http://www.2kgames.com...boxonealpha/form.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

tony1980 wrote:
    Mine is a Philips too! Any ideas Dunworth?

Apparently it's an issue with how Philips tvs do hdcp with certain devices. Happens with a upc hd box also

Nothing can be done as far as I know
    I'm afraid

It's a TV issue not an Xbox issue

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Any unbelievable X1 deals at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm not familiar with the site, but spotted this on HUKD

White Console with Sunset Overdrive and COD: AW €420 delivered

(use parcel motel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any unbelievable X1 deals at the moment?
    maximoose wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the site, but spotted this on HUKD

White Console with Sunset Overdrive and COD: AW €420 delivered

(use parcel motel)

Folks if we could keep the bargain discussion to the bargains thread, it saves this thread getting cluttered with with loads of different subjects & info being lost/hard to find. Bargains thread here, cheers - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057245097

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Why do i got to instal disc games ? Just put in titanfall for the first time and it made me instal it . 15GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why do i got to instal disc games ? Just put in titanfall for the first time and it made me instal it . 15GB

Faster read times from the hard drive than the disc.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Faster read times from the hard drive than the disc.

Its annoyin tho . Instal ready then have an update , my hardrive wont be long getting full. Oh ya and why the **** is my hardrive only 350gb when it said 500gb on box lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Its annoyin tho . Instal ready then have an update , my hardrive wont be long getting full. Oh ya and why the **** is my hardrive only 350gb when it said 500gb on box lol?

150 is reserved for the OS and Apps.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    150 is reserved for the OS and Apps.

Oh rite was wondering. Games take ages to update , only on 37% and its been updating with an hour

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: No PS4 discussion as per thread title.

sunset overdrive reviews popping up all over. the few i've read (ign,polygon) are hugely positive

sunset overdrive reviews popping up all over. the few i've read (ign,polygon) are hugely positive

I posted this in the games forum

A round up of some of the reviews

GamesRadar: 4/5 - You've never explored an open world quite like this. Sunset Overdrive's iffy gunplay and inconsistent missions are redeemed by absolutely amazing mobility and an infectious enthusiasm for mayhem.

Joystiq: 5/5 - Each of the game's systems feeds into another, making the experience feel complete and purposeful. More importantly, it gives players a plethora of choices in how they look, what weapon they use and how they play, and then makes every single possible combination feel vindicated.

Eurogamer: 8/10 - Beneath the glorious tech, and once the writing relaxes a little, Sunset Overdrive's wonderfully lurid and heartfelt - a bit like playing an old 4AD album sleeve. If you get that reference, you'll probably get this, too.

IGN: 9/10 - Sunset Overdrive is big, gorgeous, and a hell of a lot of fun. Never has getting from point A to point B in an open-world game provided so much enjoyment. It provides some of the most fun, frantic, and fantastic gaming I've had on the Xbox One.

VideoGamer: 6/10 - Sunset Overdrive's campaign may be disappointing, but its multiplayer offers a glimpse of how a potential sequel could fulfil its largely-squandered promise.

GameSpot: 8/10 - You can compare it to games like Crackdown, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and Ratchet and Clank, but by combining the best elements of those games into a single package and injecting it with an anything goes, rock and roll attitude, you'll never think of it as anything but a singular achievement that stands tall on its own merits.

Polygon: 9/10 - The best thing about Sunset Overdrive is how it's unabashedly enthusiastic about what it is, in just about every way. That enthusiasm, and the freedom behind it, is contagious.

Metro: 7/10 - Shallow, simplistic, and never quite as funny as it thinks it is, but there's still more energy and imagination at work here than most other new next gen franchises.

Game Informer: 9.25/10 - Outside of the mission monotony, Sunset Overdrive is an immensely rewarding experience that has a look and style all its own and a great gameplay package to complement it. It's a colorful return to form for Insomniac games, and a hell of an exclusive for Xbox One.

Destructoid: 8.5/10 - Sunset Overdrive may have a few flaws inherent to many open-world games and lack an engaging narrative, but it's an incredibly fun, vibrant game that's a nice break from the overly gritty tone we see far too often in today's market. After Fuse, this is exactly what Insomniac Games needed.

VentureBeat: 85/100 - The look, feel, and sound won me over. Forgiving the mission structure and forgetting the tower-defense junk, this is pretty much what I would expect from an action shooter for this console generation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Microsoft has knocked another $50 off the price in America for the holidays. Eurogamer has more info here.

No word yet on any price cut in Europe, but they announced it in the video below, and at the end it says that timing outside the US may vary, so I assume it will be worldwide.

It certainly seems like Microsoft have made the decision that the Xbox One is going to a success, regardless of how much it costs them to make it so.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Microsoft has knocked another $50 off the price in America for the holidays. Eurogamer has more info here.

No word yet on any price cut in Europe, but they announced it in the video below, and at the end it says that timing outside the US may vary, so I assume it will be worldwide.

It certainly seems like Microsoft have made the decision that the Xbox One is going to a success, regardless of how much it costs them to make it so.

fair play to them. its great to see that kind of a commitment to make up lost ground. as an xbox one owner its encouraging too,more units in homes means more developers making games for the console.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Excellent, do the same here for us since i'll be getting one anyway.

Installing bf4 here by the disc and it was at 2% after an hour :O wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Installing bf4 here by the disc and it was at 2% after an hour :O wtf?

All games try install updates as you're installing from disc which slows down by crazy especially with BF4 as it has a LOT of big updates. What you should do with every game you're installing from disc is disconnect your internet, install from disc, then reconnect your internet, launch the game and then do the updates.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    All games try install updates as you're installing from disc which slows down by crazy especially with BF4 as it has a LOT of big updates. What you should do with every game you're installing from disc is disconnect your internet, install from disc, then reconnect your internet, launch the game and then do the updates.

Should i cancel it so , it stil at 2% and it says ready to start but it stil aint budging and it wil go from installing to queued every few mins?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement