Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Should i cancel it so , it stil at 2% and it says ready to start but it stil aint budging and it wil go from installing to queued every few mins?

Yeah I'd cancel and install from disc anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

So turn off internet and instal t and then connect to xb live again and do the update?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

So turn off internet and instal t and then connect to xb live again and do the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I wouldn't cancel, I had a problem with installing Fifa14 after I cancelled the initial update and ended up doing a factory reset, just be patient with the install for now and in the future disconnect from the internet for the disc install then do the online updates afterwards

I wouldn't cancel, I had a problem with installing Fifa14 after I cancelled the initial update and ended up doing a factory reset, just be patient with the install for now and in the future disconnect from the internet for the disc install then do the online updates afterwards

Only seen this now, i already cancelled it and had t installing . Will do the updates when i get home. Hopefuly theres no problems . And can i play fifa while its updating ya?

• Advertisement

Only seen this now, i already cancelled it and had t installing . Will do the updates when i get home. Hopefuly theres no problems . And can i play fifa while its updating ya?
    Ya you can play anything and the updates will download in the background. You should be able to play the Bf4 single player when it's around 50% installed

Ya you can play anything and the updates will download in the background. You should be able to play the Bf4 single player when it's around 50% installed

It saying ready to start now and its at 24% . Think il just wait for it to finish. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is Sunset Overdrive out this Friday or before?

shuffles03 wrote: »

Its out today I think. Saw it on the xbox store last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah out today, played a tiny bit this morning before work. First impressions are good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

shuffles03 wrote: »

Friday 31st for Ireland. Or today for U.S marketplace if you want it digitally.

Is anyone else havin trouble getting online?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is anyone else havin trouble getting online?
    Xbox live was experiencing some problems throughout the day
    http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

Earlier they mentioned Call of Duty along with GTA 5,I didn't have any problems really earlier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The Halo 2 remastered trailer in this link.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know

But I so want....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-29-halo-2-anniversary-launch-trailer-shows-off-fancy-pants-new-cinematics

Why cant you unlock achievments if your offline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Why cant you unlock achievments if your offline?

really?

I think that might just be the xbox acting up, I turned on destiny last night and a few achievements popped, one was for the raid which was done last saturday. I dont know what the story is for the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, you can def unlock when offline. Prob just your Xbox, it does happen from time to time. They will pop for you eventually, sign out and back in usually fixes it.

I couldnt even check them tho . It said you have to be connected to xbox live to view achievments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Hey guys, I've tried searching for an answer but can't find anything definitive. Does anyone know the situation with using the xbox one offline for extended periods of time?
    I'm not going to have internet access for a week over New Years but will be off work and would like to catch up on some of my games. Will I be able to play the offline games (Wolfenstein, Watchdogs campaign, Sunset Overdrive) without having to sign in at least once a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The signing in once a day is not necessary since the uproar caused when it was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Liamalone wrote: »
    The signing in once a day is not necessary since the uproar caused when it was announced.

thanks, so I shouldn't have any problems playing games that don't need to be connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dermo wrote: »
    thanks, so I shouldn't have any problems playing games that don't need to be connected.

Achievements won't unlock offline, but any earned will pop once you reconnect just makes tracking them very difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Yeah you're grand, pins don't show up but just go to games&apps and it's all there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It depends also on if your Xbox that you are bringing offline is your "Home XBox".
    • If the xbox you are bringing is your home XBox, you are not game sharing, or the games that you are playing are from a disc, then there should be no issues at all.

• If you are doing game sharing with a family member and the box you are bringing with you is not your home xbox, then if you are offline any digital games that you have bought may not work (because they need a connection to live to verify that you are the owner and have a licence for the game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

My copy of Sunset Overdrive just shipped from HMV. How long does it usually take to arrive? It says in their FAQ that they dispatch orders prior to release date to ensure release day delivery, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Can someone please help me, i cant conect to xb live on my xb1 up stairs. Im using home plugs and its wired to the home plug up stairs. I have a 360 down stairs wired to the modum and its working grand but the last 2 days i cant connect on the one, please help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Can someone please help me, i cant conect to xb live on my xb1 up stairs. Im using home plugs and its wired to the home plug up stairs. I have a 360 down stairs wired to the modum and its working grand but the last 2 days i cant connect on the one, please help

are the homeplugs working correctly?

can you test a laptop with the homeplug upstairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

dunworth1 wrote: »
    are the homeplugs working correctly?

can you test a laptop with the homeplug upstairs?

Have you tried unplugging the home plugs, and or resetting them, have you added anything new to your electical system that could be causing interference like a heater?

I've had to reset my homeplugs twice in the last 6 months

The home plugs were working perfectly until now , i reset them and it worked for a while but ****ed up again

I plugged the homeplugs out then and just used it wirelessly to the modem and worked fine then but obviously very laggy in games

An eircom technition told me that i have dirty wiring in my house so thats the cause i guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

The home plugs were working perfectly until now , i reset them and it worked for a while but ****ed up again

I plugged the homeplugs out then and just used it wirelessly to the modem and worked fine then but obviously very laggy in games

An eircom technition told me that i have dirty wiring in my house so thats the cause i guess?

it could be your wiring as far as I know the home plugs work on the earth wiring so make sure that you have them plugged directly into sockets, some things like immersion heaters can cause a lot of noise on the line. you can also experiment with plugging them into different sockets to see if you get a better result. you say they were working fine until recently would this be in the evenings maybe you have light fixtures or a lamp that wasn't in use up until now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement