Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've read quite a few articles stating the former but exactly zero stating the latter, could you provide some substantiation?

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-delivers-resolution-players/

from the devs themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I just purchased the Fifa bundle with Forza and Evil Within from Argos. I asked if I could change one of the games and got Sunset Overdrive instead of Evil Within. Happy Days :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That is the damage limitation version.
    In another direct Ubi statement they basically came out and said is was easier and cheaper to develop to just one common level for the consoles. That was to the weakest common level.

Sure AC4 was patched up after release on the PS4 to 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I just purchased the Fifa bundle with Forza and Evil Within from Argos. I asked if I could change one of the games and got Sunset Overdrive instead of Evil Within. Happy Days :-)

They gave you SO instead? Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

tony1980 wrote: »
    They gave you SO instead? Nice!

Yep, now to sell Fifa and renew my XBL sub. Where is best to get XBL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've read quite a few articles stating the former but exactly zero stating the latter, could you provide some substantiation?
    That is the damage limitation version.
    In another direct Ubi statement they basically came out and said is was easier and cheaper to develop to just one common level for the consoles. That was to the weakest common level.

Sure AC4 was patched up after release on the PS4 to 1080p.

Have a good read through everything in this post and you'll see the entire picture.

Official Ubisoft statement
    Ubisoft wrote:
    Keep in mind that previous Assassin’s Creed games could support around 100 to 150 NPCs; Assassin’s Creed Unity has crowds of thousands of NPCs on screen, and you can interact with each and every one them.

Interview with Assassins Creed developer - a great read, it really explains it very well.

http://www.psu.com/news/24945/Assassins-Creed--Unity-parity-on-PS4-and-Xbox-One--Ubisoft-dev-calls-speculation-BS
    I'm happy to enlighten you guys because way too much bull**** about 1080p making a difference is being thrown around. If the game is as pretty and fun as ours will be, who cares? Getting this game to 900p was a BITCH. The game is so huge in terms of rendering that it took months to get it to 720p at 30fps. The game was 9fps 9 months ago.

Article about Ubisoft test results
    A GDC presentation from Lead Programmer at Ubisoft Montpellier Alexis Vaisse, showed some interesting results. Ubisoft’s Motion Cloth, a sub-engine that does (as its name suggests) cloth simulation, was used as a way to test the CPU and GPU’s in the new and old consoles

The results show that with regard to a game like Assassins Creed unity the bottleneck was not actually the Xbox One and when you combine these results with interviews above it becomes very clear that neither console had enough juice to hit 1080p which isn't really a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Turned on the xbox this morning and it said Halo:MCC was now ready to play.

Two weeks early?!?!

But then I clicked on it to launch it and it stopped me.

Curses for toying with me - I wasn't expecting it for two weeks, but to have it dangled and whisked away hurts more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

A lot of my friends that have the xb1 for a year now say they have used up most of the space on their hard drive and I'm in the market for one so would it be worth buying the Advanced Warfare 1tb edition? I am going to buy Advanced Warfare any way but 500 euro seems a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    A lot of my friends that have the xb1 for a year now say they have used up most of the space on their hard drive and I'm in the market for one so would it be worth buying the Advanced Warfare 1tb edition? I am going to buy Advanced Warfare any way but 500 euro seems a bit much.

Just buy the regular one and pick up an external from Amazon on Black Friday
    You will be better off getting a 2tb external

• Registered Users Posts: 19,785 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lads, bit of an issue.

The version I want is the Digital Pro.

I have the 360 and One.

I cannot see anywhere either assurance that downloading for xbox one console will then work with the 360 (only reference is to "Atlas Digital Pro" - which is different, working the other way around).

Can anyone help?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Lads, bit of an issue.

The version I want is the Digital Pro.

I have the 360 and One.

I cannot see anywhere either assurance that downloading for xbox one console will then work with the 360 (only reference is to "Atlas Digital Pro" - which is different, working the other way around).

Can anyone help?

im not 100% on it but I think it only works one way.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/11/01/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-release-9-things-to-know/

at the very end theres a bit of info on it.

edit: you buy the digital pro edition on 360 and then when you sign in on the one you can upgrade. but you dont end up with 2 digital copies. there was something like this for ghosts last year as well. maybe someone else on here availed of it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gah, all these bundles and their digital versions of games :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

I dont know if this has been mentioned already but if you change your region to New Zealand you should get to play advanced warfare early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    I dont know if this has been mentioned already but if you change your region to New Zealand you should get to play advanced warfare early.

Only if you purchased it from that region. I tried it with Destiny, bought it from U.S market. Tried switching regions and all that craic to get it early or at least midnight Irish time but nope, had to wait till the next morning.

1 thing I didn't try tho was, purchase it from whatever region and then downloading it from the New Zealand marketplace. Dunno if that would work or not. Either way, I use the Singapore market, get the games a little cheaper again than the U.S market and also get it 8 hours earlier than Irish time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So I've an x1 now....it sure is massive and the new controller is disappointing (a big step down from the 360 controller and worse than the DS4 - IMO), i'm sure i'll adapt but it feels so damn cheap. Now just to wait for the MCC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just wondering has anyone taken the risk and bought the digital TV tuner to see if it works in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

In the thread right under this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316771

Basically no it does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

In the thread right under this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316771

Basically no it does not work.
    Cheers,

Happened to see that thread just after I posted,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes I got it working , there are a few conditions like having to use BT35 bost code and setting region to UK and the guide doesn't show info but it does show all the stations and you can send it to smartglass on a windows 8 pc, that actually works much better than I was expecting it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

I am going to try restoring to factory default to see if this will sort out some issues i am having with playing online. i downloaded fifa 15 from the US store. When i set up my xbox again will fifa still be in my purchased games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Recent NAT related posts have been moved to the NAT thread

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    I am going to try restoring to factory default to see if this will sort out some issues i am having with playing online. i downloaded fifa 15 from the US store. When i set up my xbox again will fifa still be in my purchased games?

your console region doesnt affect anything except the marketplace and kinect voice recognition. matchmaking wont start looking for US servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

your console region doesnt affect anything except the marketplace and kinect voice recognition. matchmaking wont start looking for US servers.

Yes I understand this. I have been trying to play online seasons but when i click on it I get a message saying 'Your Profile Does Not Have The Correct Permission To Access This Feature' or something along these lines.

I have xbox live gold. a working internet connection. My account age is not restricted. I had been getting this message when I first started playing Fifa 15 and then for one day I was able to access the online features. Now it has gone back to not allowing me access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Yes I understand this. I have been trying to play online seasons but when i click on it I get a message saying 'Your Profile Does Not Have The Correct Permission To Access This Feature' or something along these lines.

I have xbox live gold. a working internet connection. My account age is not restricted. I had been getting this message when I first started playing Fifa 15 and then for one day I was able to access the online features. Now it has gone back to not allowing me access.
    Try Xbox support on Twitter, they're very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Are you game sharing with another person?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This is ridiculous.

Trying to download COD Advanced Warfare on the X1, connected with ethernet to 200mbps UPC connection and still only 13% after 2 hours. I know its a new game, and I know millions of others are trying to download it too, but it was the same when i tried Titanfall and Ghosts earlier, both of which are not new games by any means :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

reset the router it should help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

quick question re buying from us store. all I need do is change region, restart add payment or points and buy. So no need to import my us account that I used on my 360? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

sweetie wrote: »
    quick question re buying from us store. all I need do is change region, restart add payment or points and buy. So no need to import my us account that I used on my 360? cheers

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89458106&postcount=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement