Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it just me or is the search in the dashboard marketplace completely broken?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeay, xbox live is down...so I can't play anything...titanfall and the MCC are the only games i've bought so far, the rest are games with gold games. It was actually gaucamelee I was going to play (titanfall is crazy amounts of boring - IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeay, xbox live is down...so I can't play anything...titanfall and the MCC are the only games i've bought so far, the rest are games with gold games. It was actually gaucamelee I was going to play (titanfall is crazy amounts of boring - IMO)

why cant you play guacamelee? (awesome game IMO).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

why cant you play guacamelee? (awesome game IMO).

Because you need xbox live to play it I guess, the xbox one simply wont let it launch right now.

Because you need xbox live to play it I guess, the xbox one simply wont let it launch right now.

have you tried a hard reset? (hold down the power button for 10 seconds)

• Advertisement

have you tried a hard reset? (hold down the power button for 10 seconds)

I'll try that later if the problem persists past when xbox live comes back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Go offline in settings and try again.

Go offline in settings and try again.

That's the first thing I tried, the second was to check here: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

xBox live is down, nothing I can do about it on my end.

That's the first thing I tried, the second was to check here: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

xBox live is down, nothing I can do about it on my end.

Yes, but you shouldn't need live to play that game.

maybe you do - games with gold on xbox one is only available as long as you have an active subscription to live. Unlike on 360 where they're yours forever.

• Advertisement

maybe you do - games with gold on xbox one is only available as long as you have an active subscription to live. Unlike on 360 where they're yours forever.

Good point, i cant get it installed to check myself.

As said, it is a "games with gold" game, MS changed how "games with gold" works a few months ago, so you can only play the games (post changing of terms games) if you have an up to date live sub...which means, if I cannot sign into live, the xbox one can't validate my live a/c and I can't play that game.
    Unlike on 360 where they're yours forever.

I think they changed it for the 360 too sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare won't launch for me neither with the Xbox Live being down. I bought it digitally.

Interestingly tho Forza Horizon 2 will launch & work fine and that's technically my friends game with my xbox being set as his 'home' xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare won't launch for me neither with the Xbox Live being down. I bought it digitally.

Interestingly tho Forza Horizon 2 will launch & work fine and that's technically my friends game with my xbox being set as his 'home' xbox.

Unfortunately, that's down to the Game Sharing.

You are technically a guest on the console in your house (It's your friend's Home Xbox), and would need to be able to sign in to Live to play any digital games you bought with your Gamertag to ensure that you have rights to play it.

(When you buy digitally you essentially get a licence for your home console, where anyone can play it even if there's no internet. You get a second licence for your gamer tag, that means you can play it on any console once you are signed in to live

This is similar to Xbox Live Arcade on 360)

Forza 2 was bought by your mate, so his 'home Xbox' licence is on your console, which is why you can play it.

If you were to talk to him, the situation would be reversed (No Forza for him).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yeah, when live is down or there's no internet connection you can only play a digital game on your home console, for example I have my brothers xbox set as my home console so I can't play any of my games when it is down. They need to confirm that your profile has the right to play the game on any other console except your home one and that can only be done through live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ah right kk cool. That all makes sense alright and I have no problems with it. Was just curious as to why the shared game worked is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads I'm new to the XB1. Have it all set up and and popped the Forza H2 disc in. Two hours later it's at 4% installed :-0
    I rebooted and it's still not doing anything.
    Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong

Lads I'm new to the XB1. Have it all set up and and popped the Forza H2 disc in. Two hours later it's at 4% installed :-0
    I rebooted and it's still not doing anything.
    Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong

Disconnect from the internet, it's probably trying to install updates as well as the disc content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Disconnect from the internet, it's probably trying to install updates as well as the disc content

Ta, I just checked again and it's all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hi lads got the xbox one as a gift and was wondering what would be a good tv to have for it, these 2 caught my interest
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/lg-42lb561v-42andrdquo-led-tv/317233/11.2.0

http://www.currys.ie/Product/panasonic-viera-tx42as520b-smart-42-led-tv/321872/6.9.7

if anyone could recommend one i would appreciate it,
    also i saw this xbox one tv tuner and was wondering what its for, is it the equivalent to a saorview box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hococop wrote: »
    Hi lads got the xbox one as a gift and was wondering what would be a good tv to have for it, these 2 caught my interest
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/lg-42lb561v-42andrdquo-led-tv/317233/11.2.0

http://www.currys.ie/Product/panasonic-viera-tx42as520b-smart-42-led-tv/321872/6.9.7

if anyone could recommend one i would appreciate it,
    also i saw this xbox one tv tuner and was wondering what its for, is it the equivalent to a saorview box?

If you are buying i'd go with full HD for sure .I bought this 32" back in August for €369,Now €298. There's also a 32" Samsung smart TV for €369 atm
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2249364/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

I saw this 40" just there,looks very nice and cheaper than what you've picked out http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2249450/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

If you are buying i'd go with full HD for sure .I bought this 32" back in August for €369,Now €298. There's also a 32" Samsung smart TV for €369 atm
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2249364/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

I saw this 40" just there,looks very nice and cheaper than what you've picked out http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2249450/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

thanks man good reviews on amazon and cheaper aswell, how has the tv been for you (brightness, sound etc?) i know some people have had issues getting the freeview to work (some say its based on location) did you have any trouble with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Best double check if those TV's have wifi built in or not , as the dongles are very pricey at around 50euro, best thing about samsung TV's is that they have their own plex client app for free on the app store !!!!

thanks man good reviews on amazon and cheaper aswell, how has the tv been for you (brightness, sound etc?) i know some people have had issues getting the freeview to work (some say its based on location) did you have any trouble with it

The TV has been A1 for me, sound is great but i pretty much use headphones all the time when playing.Im down in Kerry so there's no freeview just the normal built in saorview for me.Its my first full HD tv so it was a big step up in terms of visuals when i first started using it.

The TV has been A1 for me, sound is great but i pretty much use headphones all the time when playing.Im down in Kerry so there's no freeview just the normal built in saorview for me.Its my first full HD tv so it was a big step up in terms of visuals when i first started using it.

Do you mean you have a saorview box or is there saorview with the tv

Do you mean you have a saorview box or is there saorview with the tv

It has built in Saorview, id assume its the same with the rest.

It has built in Saorview, id assume its the same with the rest.

Cool thanks for the information gatt, will be having a good look around tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckless

Hi guys,

Is it possible to view a list of your followers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

luckless wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is it possible to view a list of your followers?

Go to Friends and at the top of the list of names there's a box that says 'change view'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 luckless

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Go to Friends and at the top of the list of names there's a box that says 'change view'.

Ah ok thanks. So people who friend you will also be followers but people you friend but don't friend back are just listed as friends and not followers, is that right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement