Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

luckless wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks. So people who friend you will also be followers but people you friend but don't friend back are just listed as friends and not followers, is that right?

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Chums I was just wondering, is there any major disadvantage to buying a pre owned console from cex? I know they test their pre owned stuff extensively so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

cloud493 wrote: »
    Chums I was just wondering, is there any major disadvantage to buying a pre owned console from cex? I know they test their pre owned stuff extensively so.

They give a 12 month warranty with all their stuff so as far as I see it, you'd be better off buying from them than a private seller!

Are you trading stuff in? Just wondering as their prices aren't great otherwise.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When I was buying my console the ones in CeX were more expensive than a new one from Argos.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When I was buying my console the ones in CeX were more expensive than a new one from Argos.

Yeah they still are. So unless you're trading stuff in towards it, I'd be buying a new 1 from a store.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They give a 12 month warranty with all their stuff so as far as I see it, you'd be better off buying from them than a private seller!

Are you trading stuff in? Just wondering as their prices aren't great otherwise.

Yeah I already worked it out, my 7 ps4 games and 14 DS/3DS games will get the console and titanfall.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sporadically, there are better bundle deals in Argos than the cost of an x1 from CEX. If you're desperate for one and Argos have no deal then yeah, go CEX - otherwise wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Your mad buying a used xb1 from cex, what they charging 405 for the console without kinect ? You can buy bundles for 399 brand new

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Your mad buying a used xb1 from cex, what they charging 405 for the console without kinect ? You can buy bundles for 399 brand new

Yeah but he's not buying with cash. He's trading in a load of old games he's finished with. Unfortunately Argos won't take old games as currency :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah but he's not buying with cash. He's trading in a load of old games he's finished with. Unfortunately Argos won't take old games as currency :(

Oh ya sure i didnt realize that.

Are cex stupid tho or what , do they not know u can get a new console bundle for cheaper lol?

• Advertisement

Well the console was 375 without kinect. But in the end I was swayed the other way by the excellent PS4 deal in argos, so I'm gonna wait and see what bundles with halo come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Well the console was 375 without kinect. But in the end I was swayed the other way by the excellent PS4 deal in argos, so I'm gonna wait and see what bundles with halo come up.

did you not say you were going to trade in a few ps4 games a few posts ago? or was that meant as ps3 games :L

agreed though a good few excellent deals on all bundles coming up for this christmas

I was on the fence as to which one to go, but in the end, the PS4 deal was better value.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Oh ya sure i didnt realize that.

Are cex stupid tho or what , do they not know u can get a new console bundle for cheaper lol?

A lot of their stuff is priced as expensive or more expensive than the shops. When Xbox ONE and PS4 were released you could have bought them from a shop and sold them directly to CEX for a €50 profit per console. The reason they can sell stuff dearer than shops is people will use store credit from items traded in against them. It obviously works as they're a Global company and have been around a long time.

For trading games in they're the best imo, you can check what they'll give you for the game on their website without having to ring up or go in store like Gamestop/Xtravision who won't even give you as much as CeX anyway :D

HMV used to have an app for trade in values, xtravision used to have the highest valued stuff on their site, so did symths. Now everywhere except cex requires you to ask in store.

HMV used to have an app for trade in values, xtravision used to have the highest valued stuff on their site, so did symths. Now everywhere except cex requires you to ask in store.

Oh yeah like the top 5 or top 10 trade ins, usually all games that had been out a week or less lol. Can't beat being able to check the price online, so convenient! Never had a HMV near me but that's cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have an early christmas treat for someone.

Sunset Overdrive and the release of Halo MCC has made me re purchase an X1 and as the only bundle in my local store was the Assassins's Creed one and the fact I'm only using the Xbox One for exclusives I giving away the download codes for Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Assassin's Creed 5 Unity.

First person to PM gets the codes. If only one code is requested only I will give the next one to the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Codes gone guys, you's are quick.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A thousand thank yous Captain Chaos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Damn that was too quick for me.
    Brilliant gesture mate.

I'll have one of the codes if whoever got them wants to share the love :-)

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A thousand thank yous Captain Chaos :)

You jamball, enjoy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Feck it anyway, I put the phone down for 20 minutes to put on the dinner and I miss this, enjoy you fecker you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Many thanks Captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Bloody hell there I am jabbering on about US currency cards in another thread and I miss this, fair play Cap'n.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have an early christmas treat for someone.

Sunset Overdrive and the release of Halo MCC has made me re purchase an X1 and as the only bundle in my local store was the Assassins's Creed one and the fact I'm only using the Xbox One for exclusives I giving away the download codes for Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Assassin's Creed 5 Unity.

First person to PM gets the codes. If only one code is requested only I will give the next one to the next person.

Fair play, who ever got those should throw a couple of quid the way of a charity or if they know some one doing Movember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

That is an amazing gesture dude. Well done.

Aren't boardsies magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Good time to be game sharing with Mick :pac:

Thanks Captain Chaos, legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Just wanted to post a thank you to the boardsies that advised me on the cheapest xbox/fifa bundle. Picked it up in smyths...the knowledge of everyone here about every question i post is unreal. Now what games are good for a newbie oldskool type like me? Cheap/cheerfull and reminesent of my days playing the atari and loading games with a casette.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Just wanted to post a thank you to the boardsies that advised me on the cheapest xbox/fifa bundle. Picked it up in smyths...the knowledge of everyone here about every question i post is unreal. Now what games are good for a newbie oldskool type like me? Cheap/cheerfull and reminesent of my days playing the atari and loading games with a casette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

The current Game with Gold title Volgar, is a hell of a lot like the old school game Rastan, plus it's free so it would be rude not to download it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement