Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The current Game with Gold title Volgar, is a hell of a lot like the old school game Rastan, plus it's free so it would be rude not to download it :D

Chariot is still free, too. Simple puzzle mechanic, a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

cloud493 wrote: »

Is that a new actual Halo bundle, or the artwork for a bundle that isn't available here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

It's a halo bundle

• Advertisement

It's a halo bundle

Cool, wasn't aware there was one coming out here & thought it might just be the console & game separate (but together if you get me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Myrddin wrote: »
    Is that a new actual Halo bundle, or the artwork for a bundle that isn't available here?

Amazon says boxed game but this article says code to download game and also says for Japan, doesn't state if ONLY in Japan, I don't see how or why Argos would use that image if they didn't have it. Be strange if they didn't

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/29/halo-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-bundle-made-japan/

Yeah I remember seeing that box image last week & reading it wasn't for our market...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Amazon says boxed game but this article says code to download game and also says for Japan, doesn't state if ONLY in Japan, I don't see how or why Argos would use that image if they didn't have it. Be strange if they didn't

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/29/halo-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-bundle-made-japan/

From that article it says the MCC bundle is retailing for 39,980 yen.

That's €277!

It's $349 with the price cut in the US.

That's €277!

And the official retail price in Europe is €399 :mad:

What a rip off. ($497 / 57,530 yen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

quad_red wrote: »
    From that article it says the MCC bundle is retailing for 39,980 yen.

That's €277!

That's €277!

And the official retail price in Europe is €399 :mad:

What a rip off. ($497 / 57,530 yen)

We can afford it and the ps4 is a comparable price. When the console launched in Japan it also matched the ps4 price and it was cheaper than it was in euroland then too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

VAT. Order anything from Asia or the US and you have to pay 21% VAT on it. Plus the price is set on the cost of living and inflation levels of each territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

quad_red wrote: »

That's €277!

It's no wonder sales have trippled in the states then:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/xbox-one-sales-on-the-rise?linkId=10514459

Shred wrote: »
    It's no wonder sales have trippled in the states then:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/xbox-one-sales-on-the-rise?linkId=10514459

Thats the price without individual states sales tax, the actual end cost is higher. The sales boost is more likely to be because of the games released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thats the price without individual states sales tax, the actual end cost is higher. The sales boost is more likely to be because of the games released.

More likely it's all of that put together. While the games that are coming out now are starting to fulfil some of the next-gen promise, the majority of them are multi-platform, so any increase in sales should also be seen with the PS4.

The fact that the console itself is $50 cheaper almost certainly plays into it more, to be honest.

Recent games related posts have been moved to the Xbox Gaming thread, can folks ensure to use that thread rather than this one for any games related chat, cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Myrddin wrote: »
    Recent games related posts have been moved to the Xbox Gaming thread, can folks ensure to use that thread rather than this one for any games related chat, cheers.

Quick question, and I hope you don't mind, but what is this thread for then?

Essentially we're going to have threads for:
    Xbox One Discussion
    Xbox One OS/Dashboard (Current/Preview)
    Xbox Bargains
    Xbox Gaming

I suppose my question is what goes into thread that makes it worth while looking into? Xbox One sales? Hardware issues?

Am quite happy to comply, would just like a little direction I suppose.

EDIT: Forgot that we also have a "Games with Gold" thread as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Anyone using an external drive for games yet? I only have about 40% left on my One, 500gb is feeling a bit small already after installing games and then the likes of that 15gb Halo patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Liamalone wrote: »
    Anyone using an external drive for games yet? I only have about 40% left on my One, 500gb is feeling a bit small already after installing games and then the likes of that 15gb Halo patch.

Yeah, I'm using a 2TB WD and a mate is using a 2TB Samsung. Both working fine.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Quick question, and I hope you don't mind, but what is this thread for then?

Essentially we're going to have threads for:
    Xbox One Discussion
    Xbox One OS/Dashboard (Current/Preview)
    Xbox Bargains
    Xbox Gaming

I suppose my question is what goes into thread that makes it worth while looking into? Xbox One sales? Hardware issues?

Am quite happy to comply, would just like a little direction I suppose.

EDIT: Forgot that we also have a "Games with Gold" thread as well

It's a fair question, & I've no problem addressing it :) The rationale is, if we have a thread for a topic, then it's only right that we use it for its intended purpose. Without the threads you mention above, we'd have everything from discussion of games, discussion of bargain, beta dash invites, dash board feature chat, G4G, headset chat, xbl code chat etc all happening in the one thread. It used to be like that, & it was a disaster, with the same questions coming up again & again...not to mention information being much harder to keep track of.

Now that we've separated everything out from this general chat thread, the dedicated threads are standing on their own, they keep on topic, discussion flows much, much smoother, & topics are easily navigated. It's true that in doing this, that this general chat thread has lost its footing & become somewhat redundant. We've left it run because questions do come up about things that just don't seem suited to any of our other threads...plus it's nice to have a general chat thread too where users can interact better in a more 'off topic' way (it's goof for community growth.

Now that I mention it, what if this thread took over as our 'off topic' thread? Would that make more sense? Users can kick back a bit & chat/interact with each other in a less formal/off topic manner. Such threads have proven successful in many other forums.

Thanks for the response, and all fair points.

I was only really using this thread because this is the thread that I was using pre-release. Now that there are other threads for a lot of things, I do think that this thread is slightly redundant, but I don't know what the best course of action is.

Perhaps turn this thread into a hardware thread (so questions about controllers/hard drives/consoles go here), and then create an off-topic thread so that it's a clean thread with no history?

Again, I don't know, but I'll do my best to stick to the thread subject from now on regardless of what does/doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Have Microsoft put a stop to purchasing games in other region stores? Ive tried buying call of duty in both Hong Kong and US store only to reject my payments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Have Microsoft put a stop to purchasing games in other region stores? Ive tried buying call of duty in both Hong Kong and US store only to reject my payments

yup. seems to have tightened up in the last week alright.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, and all fair points.

I was only really using this thread because this is the thread that I was using pre-release. Now that there are other threads for a lot of things, I do think that this thread is slightly redundant, but I don't know what the best course of action is.

Perhaps turn this thread into a hardware thread (so questions about controllers/hard drives/consoles go here), and then create an off-topic thread so that it's a clean thread with no history?

Again, I don't know, but I'll do my best to stick to the thread subject from now on regardless of what does/doesn't happen.

Yep it's not immediately obvious in terms of what to do with this thread, I@ll have a chat with FuturGuy & mention your suggestion, cheers :)

Edit - Oh & pre release gaming related chat is perfectly good for the Gaming thread so you're doing no wrong to post it there. Apologies for any confusion there

Cotts72 wrote: »

Yeah went to pre order gta on the US store and it wouldn't go through :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There is a way to get around the purchasing of games still but not allowed to discuss it here so if anyone wants help with it message me on XBL MiskyBoyy

Is it normal that when I check my storage space it says something like 172 of 365 gb of free space? I thought the hd was 500 gb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is it normal that when I check my storage space it says something like 172 of 365 gb of free space? I thought the hd was 500 gb?

500 gb never actually has 500, more like 480 and then the OS and games and updates must account for the 115gb to give you 365 left

The file system and the OS itself will reduce the available size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes space gets reserved for various system functions like game dvr and other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Do ye know what the "detailed network statistics" is for in xb1 settings? Is it accurate

Download speed 13.44
    Upload speed 0.60
    Packet loss 1%
    MTU 1480
    Latency 167ms

Wtf is packet loss and mtu?

And are those results ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement