Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Not for the XBox One, yet.

You can use the Official XBox Feedback site to try to build up votes for the RTÉ player (although it's only had 24 votes in the last few months).

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/6034176-rt%C3%89-player-for-ireland-please

Will do. My TV plays flash so I'm sorted for the min, the wife wont be killing me just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

stuchyg wrote: »
    Will do. My TV plays flash so I'm sorted for the min, the wife wont be killing me just yet

You probably want it for the on demand function but you can also turn your Xbox ONE into a Saorview box by buying the TV Tuner for the Xbox One, plug an aerial into it and get all the Irish channels on your xbox and pause them for up to 30 mins too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You probably want it for the on demand function but you can also turn your Xbox ONE into a Saorview box by buying the TV Tuner for the Xbox One, plug an aerial into it and get all the Irish channels on your xbox and pause them for up to 30 mins too :)

well,I got my xbox live present this morning. a big load of nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

well,I got my xbox live present this morning. a big load of nothing

But that personalised wallpaper!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

That sounds pretty good actually. Is there a specific aerial i would need for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

wexdevil wrote: »
    But that personalised wallpaper!

:(

Load of crud isnt it :(

I wonder will anyone here get anything decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Load of crud isnt it :(

I wonder will anyone here get anything decent

Check your messages on the Xbox , I got one there from Xbox Live but no notification pop up , just spotted I had a message when in friends, so I checked it and it reads as follows.....

"Thanks for being an xbox one early adopter. To celebrate Year One, we're giving you LIMBO when it's released. Stay tuned your free code will appear here" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

calex71 wrote: »
    Check your messages on the Xbox , I got one there from Xbox Live but no notification pop up , just spotted I had a message when in friends, so I checked it and it reads as follows.....

"Thanks for being an xbox one early adopter. To celebrate Year One, we're giving you LIMBO when it's released. Stay tuned your free code will appear here" :)

I got no mesage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I got no mesage :(

Me neither on US & Irl accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Got the same message as calex, I think I already have LIMBO on the 360 though.

• Advertisement

I didn't get limbo either ah sure I've played it on the 360 anyways :),

I also got the Limbo message. Never played it before and did like the look of it :D

stuchyg wrote: »
    That sounds pretty good actually. Is there a specific aerial i would need for it

Just a regular indoor aerial as far as I know. As in, if it works on a saorview box or tv with built in tuner than it will work on the xbox tv tuner. €38.99 for it from Argos or €32 from Amazon: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=xbox+tv+tuner&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

All I got in that prize giveaway was a poster, a background, and a gamer pic. that was the lamest give away ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Balls I'm opted in for live mareketing but I just noticed my contact preferences were set to an old email address (even though I'd changed my live email address ages ago) and the mailbox is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Just got a mail from Limbo there as well

The missus who doesnt play a lot got exactly the same Xbox anniversary mail as myself :/

Shred wrote: »
    Balls I'm opted in for live mareketing but I just noticed my contact preferences were set to an old email address (even though I'd changed my live email address ages ago) and the mailbox is full.

Don't worry only the crappy stuff got sent by email , those of us who got the game had a message on xbox live.

Atari:Game Over is on the xbox video thingy now, free to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Sunset over drive free to play today! I put this in the game thread already but more people read the main page, wouldn't want them missing out. Sorry mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

deco nate wrote: »
    Sunset over drive free to play today! I put this in the game thread already but more people read the main page, wouldn't want them missing out. Sorry mods

:confused: This thread is on the main page too, not to mention if you post in a thread then that thread gets bumped to the top. So ignoring better suited threads is the problem, not where those threads currently are. I've already seen posts about hardware here (the tv tuner), that type of stuff goes in the hardware thread folks, I spent ages there on Friday cleaning up the last 8 pages or so of the old general chat thread, I don't want to have to do that again. This thread isn't the 'general chat' thread with a different name. If you have something to discuss, please use the appropriate threads for that subject.

• Advertisement

Limbo codes getting sent out, just got mine there now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

If anyone has a spare Limbo code they don't want I'll happily take it.
    I got a wallpaper :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Folks I've moved all the recent feedback type posts to their own thread (the irony isn't lost on me don't worry :D). I've read all the posts & hear what you're saying, so if we can hammer something out in the feedback thread we'll run with it & try keep everyone happy! Thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057332249

calex71 wrote: »
    Limbo codes getting sent out, just got mine there now :)

I just turned on my Xbox there and Limbo was already installed. I also got a message from Xbox with a Limbo code so I think i got it twice then :confused:

I just turned on my Xbox there and Limbo was already installed. I also got a message from Xbox with a Limbo code so I think i got it twice then :confused:
    You must of gotten my code by mistake :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

If anyone has a spare Limbo code they don't want I'll happily take it.
    I got a wallpaper :-(

I'll take one too if it's going. Still gutted I only got to play about 1 hour of SO. FML

wexdevil wrote: »
    You must of gotten my code by mistake :p

Ah it turns out my friend who I game share with had redeemed his code so I get the game too of course. Was wondering lol :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Despite being a Day One owner, I haven't gotten Limbo. Sad face.

Bit of a mare of a weekend actually. Walked into a lamppost ad busted my face, then dropped my phone the next day and broke it. Super sad broken face.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Despite being a Day One owner, I haven't gotten Limbo. Sad face.

Bit of a mare of a weekend actually. Walked into a lamppost ad busted my face, then dropped my phone the next day and broke it. Super sad broken face.
    I got one last night even though I didn't get the first message telling me I would be getting it. Day one owner here too so maybe they are going out in waves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I didn't get anything bar a few pictures. wew gamer pics sweeeeeeeet -_- but then again i'm happy to hear other people got stuff, it's nice that MS are doing things for their customers now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement