Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I feel like slapping a couple of these guys very hard, right across the face!

If anyone has a spare Limbo code they don't want I'll happily take it.
    I got a wallpaper :-(

Did you get Limbo after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did you get Limbo after?

No, just the wallpaper.

No, just the wallpaper.

Do you still want it? :cool:

Do you still want it? :cool:

Only if someone had a spare code they weren't using

• Advertisement

Only if someone had a spare code they weren't using

Yeah my friend who I game share with it got it and redeemed it so I have it too so I have a spare code and as far as I can see you were the first to ask for one if 1 came up on here so I'll PM you it now. Enjoy! :)

Ehhhhhh what!?

Xbox controller ‘sucks blood out of players’ arms’ when they are shot

A new Xbox controller promises to ‘raise the stakes of gaming’ by sucking blood out of players’ arms every time they are shot – using a intravenous needle which draws blood every time the game signals their character has taken a hit.

The makers of the machine hope to finance a series of celebrity ‘deathmatches’ where players such as Snoop Dogg and Seth Rogen battle against one another at games such as Battlefield: Hardline, getting progressively weaker and paler as they lose blood on stage.

Yeah my friend who I game share with it got it and redeemed it so I have it too so I have a spare code and as far as I can see you were the first to ask for one if 1 came up on here so I'll PM you it now. Enjoy! :)

Nice one mate :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ehhhhhh what!?

Xbox controller ‘sucks blood out of players’ arms’ when they are shot

A new Xbox controller promises to ‘raise the stakes of gaming’ by sucking blood out of players’ arms every time they are shot – using a intravenous needle which draws blood every time the game signals their character has taken a hit.

The makers of the machine hope to finance a series of celebrity ‘deathmatches’ where players such as Snoop Dogg and Seth Rogen battle against one another at games such as Battlefield: Hardline, getting progressively weaker and paler as they lose blood on stage.

That's making me "progressively weaker and paler" just thinking about it. Kickstarter was suspended. Thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ok folks, based on your feedback, this thread is back in business and opened again. It will serve again, as a general purpose chat thread for all things Xbox. However, can I please implore people to use this forum to its fullest potential by using (where appropriate) the other very useful threads we have too. If you've something to discuss & we've a thread for it, please keep such other threads in mind with regard to what you post in here. Obviously some cross over in a general chat thread is to be expected, & there will be a relaxing of policy regarding moving posts, but only to a point. If you are looking for bargains, please use the bargains thread, if you're looking to swap games, please use the game swap thread etc. Please don't use this thread as a catch all for topics that are catered for in other threads. Here's a list of our most active threads:

Bargain Alerts - Where users can alert others of new bargains, or request best prices etc etc.
    Xbox One Dashboard Thread - Any discussion of the Xbox One dash, updates, beta invites etc go in here.
    Headset Discussion - All aspects of headsets can be discussed in this thread.
    Xbox Gaming - This thread covers any/all aspects of any games you wish to discuss.
    Weekly XBLA Deals - Discussion of the weekly xbox live arcade deals that come up.
    EA Access - Our thread on all aspects of the EA Access subscription system.
    Swapping Games - A thread where users can use to organise swapping of games.
    Xbox One NAT Thread - Any NAT & network problems/discussion can go here.
    Games with Gold - This is where any discussion of the Games for Gold system goes.
    XBL Subscriptions & Points - Need to renew your XBL & want the best price? Ask in here.
    Free XBL Thread - Need a trial code for XBL? Ask in here.

Again, I understand discussion will naturally flow in this thread from one topic to another, all I'm asking is that we keep the other threads in mind...they're there for a reason. Many thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I've been holding off on the Xbox for a while now with the money in place for it. I'm hoping agros have a good deal tomorrow. I really like the white xbox so maybe throw me second controller and a play and charge kit for free please:D
    How much is a years subscription for xbox live these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I've been holding off on the Xbox for a while now with the money in place for it. I'm hoping agros have a good deal tomorrow. I really like the white xbox so maybe throw me second controller and a play and charge kit for free please:D
    How much is a years subscription for xbox live these days?

Be sure to check the above links, especially EA access and game sharing. Also, you can get Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag digital downloads for next to nothing here www.gamedealdaily.com I think CD Keys might be the go to place for Xbox live, usually far cheaper there. There is also some very good deals this week on Xbox.com for the US store this week for Black Friday, there is a link in the bargain alerts thread here I think, sorry, I am on the phone so its hard to check right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yay, sexy free wallpaper for me as my Xbox One gift :) If there was anyone with a spare Limbo code that they don't require I sure would appreciate it and put a good word in with Santa Claus for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Saw the poster and profile pic and was like WTF! And then got the code for Limbo which is more like it.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Saw the poster and profile pic and was like WTF! And then got the code for Limbo which is more like it.

Wound, salt, rub. :(

Why don't you game share? Or is that still legal?

madcabbage wrote: »
    Why don't you game share? Or is that still legal?

Must look into that, tbh I don't know anyone with an Xbox One but a nephew is getting one from Mr Claus so I must investigate. If anyone could on pm me a link on the subject it would be appreciated.

I'm sure if you ask nicely, one of the Day One folks might give ya a code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Do you need the Xbox on to watch TV on the sky box through it or will the sky box work like normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Do you need the Xbox on to watch TV on the sky box through it or will the sky box work like normal?

If it's the Sky HD box you can plug it into the Xbox One to have it display via the TV app on the console and get the OneGuide integration and all that jazz

However you can still just connect the sky box to another HDMI port to watch as normal without connecting it to the Xbox

• Advertisement

If it's the Sky HD box you can plug it into the Xbox One to have it display via the TV app on the console and get the OneGuide integration and all that jazz

However you can still just connect the sky box to another HDMI port to watch as normal without connecting it to the Xbox

Yeah it's the HD box. So there are a couple of HDMI outs in the sky box? Never actually checked before, just left it there since it was installed

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Yeah it's the HD box. So there are a couple of HDMI outs in the sky box? Never actually checked before, just left it there since it was installed

Well there is a HDMI in on the Xbox One and you can connect the sky box to that.

Otherwise you will have to use another HDMI port on your TV

Well there is a HDMI in on the Xbox One and you can connect the sky box to that.

Otherwise you will have to use another HDMI port on your TV

Misread your post, sorry. My question was basically would the xbox need to always be turned on if the sky box was hooked up through it? Or will the signal still go through to the TV while the xbox is off or in standby? The sky box is already hooked up like normal to the TV HDMI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Misread your post, sorry. My question was basically would the xbox need to always be turned on if the sky box was hooked up through it? Or will the signal still go through to the TV while the xbox is off or in standby? The sky box is already hooked up like normal to the TV HDMI

Unfortunately, the xbox needs to be turned on to display the signal from your sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bostitch12

Anyone any experience playing the EA Sports NBA Live games?

I am thinking of getting either the NBA game or the NFL game.. I have played NFL games on xbox 360 and they enjoyed them until I played online where I got whooped every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Bostitch12 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience playing the EA Sports NBA Live games?

I am thinking of getting either the NBA game or the NFL game.. I have played NFL games on xbox 360 and they enjoyed them until I played online where I got whooped every time.

If you sign up to EA Access you get Madden 25 for free. I'd imagine they'll add NBA Live sometime aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Three days in.

Loving Destiny. Loving the feel of 'solidity' in this gen compared to the 'coming apart at the seams' sense ye got from games like Mass Effect (Although AC unity seems to bely that).

The X1 interface isn't as bad as I'd read. I can actually find stuff no issues (unlike the 360 menus which I detested).

Initial load times were pretty epic but happy with how fast patches and demos all download.

Am really disappointed with the Halo Collection. Not even with MP which I haven't touched yet. Have only played Halo 1 thus far but I think the 'redux' has really reduced the atmosphere. It's one thing to totally change textures, models etc. But all the additional lighting changes the tone of the game.

Forerunner structures are no longer foreboding 'Prometheus' style structures with large shapes dominating in the gloom.

Now it's all brightly lit and purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

quad_red wrote: »
    Three days in.

Loving Destiny. Loving the feel of 'solidity' in this gen compared to the 'coming apart at the seams' sense ye got from games like Mass Effect (Although AC unity seems to bely that).

The X1 interface isn't as bad as I'd read. I can actually find stuff no issues (unlike the 360 menus which I detested).

Initial load times were pretty epic but happy with how fast patches and demos all download.

Am really disappointed with the Halo Collection. Not even with MP which I haven't touched yet. Have only played Halo 1 thus far but I think the 'redux' has really reduced the atmosphere. It's one thing to totally change textures, models etc. But all the additional lighting changes the tone of the game.

Forerunner structures are no longer foreboding 'Prometheus' style structures with large shapes dominating in the gloom.

Now it's all brightly lit and purple.

Press the View/Back button to play Halo with the original graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Press the View/Back button to play Halo with the original graphics.

I know! But then it looks incredibly rudimentary.

I've nothing against remastering a game - Halo 2's remaster appear much more sympathetic with the original tone and style. I just think they've made a balls of converting Halo 1. Any sense of eerie magnificence on forerunner installations are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting to see that on Amazon UK Xbox One bundles currently make up 5 of the top 10 best sellers in consoles (other spots going to 360, Nintendo DS, Fire TV and 2 PS4 bundles)

Likewise for Amazon US, only consoles in the top 20 best sellers in Videogames as a while are Xb1

I know that's only Amazon, but sales really seem to be picking up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement