Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Interesting to see that on Amazon UK Xbox One bundles currently make up 5 of the top 10 best sellers in consoles (other spots going to 360, Nintendo DS, Fire TV and 2 PS4 bundles)

Likewise for Amazon US, only consoles in the top 20 best sellers in Videogames as a while are Xb1

I know that's only Amazon, but sales really seem to be picking up.

Its the time of year for it, and you have to give credit where its due, they've really been trying to turn around the bad launch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

maximoose wrote: »
    Interesting to see that on Amazon UK Xbox One bundles currently make up 5 of the top 10 best sellers in consoles (other spots going to 360, Nintendo DS, Fire TV and 2 PS4 bundles)

Likewise for Amazon US, only consoles in the top 20 best sellers in Videogames as a while are Xb1

I know that's only Amazon, but sales really seem to be picking up.

Yeah, they've been part of the current black friday sales. The one at No.2 (on the UK list) was on sale yesterday and went straight to No.2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, I always believed that the slow Xbox One sales were not down to bad PR blunders with gaming hobbyists, but rather the fact that it was too expensive.

The price drops have done more for the Xbox One than any exclusive game, or even the amazing value of EA Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I wonder will a share play or similar feature be coming to Xbox in the coming months?
    It's pretty cool I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I wonder will a share play or similar feature be coming to Xbox in the coming months?
    It's pretty cool I have to say.

I'd take full game sharing (home xbox trick) with 1 friend over the psn limited game sharing any day :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'd take full game sharing (home xbox trick) with 1 friend over the psn limited game sharing any day :D

Now I want both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

We'll have a moment's silence now for the old Family Game Library they dropped before launch (because it would have needed the online check-in to verify licences and everyone pitched a fit).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

£400 now?

Says
    £319 on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Quick question. What region do most people set their console to. Iv mine set to UK as that was the default and i have a now TV account. What is most peoples preference

stuchyg wrote: »
    Quick question. What region do most people set their console to. Iv mine set to UK as that was the default and i have a now TV account. What is most peoples preference

whatever has the cheaper games!

but I do usually go back to Ireland as the 4oD app wont work otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've mine set to Ireland and have voice enabled. It makes it easier for renting videos from XBox Video, etc.

I may change regions every now and again to download a region specific appm, but generally switch back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I've mine set to Ireland and have voice enabled. It makes it easier for renting videos from XBox Video, etc.

I may change regions every now and again to download a region specific appm, but generally switch back to Ireland.

Is there any way to change Region using the website or Xbox Glass?

Is there any way to change Region using the website or Xbox Glass?

to change the region remotely you mean? if so, then no.

but you can tick a setting in google glass to uses the same region as your console.

getting the website to think you're in a different region is a different matter....

whatever has the cheaper games!

but I do usually go back to Ireland as the 4oD app wont work otherwise.

4od app works perfectly on UK region.

4od app works perfectly on UK region.

True, but I buy my games from the US marketplace. theres no advantage to setting the console to UK that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey can someone tell me is there a way to have your Xbox Region to UK (so it picks up Kinect voice commands) but the currency still set to euros?

At the minute all transactions are showing in pounds.

We'll have a moment's silence now for the old Family Game Library they dropped before launch (because it would have needed the online check-in to verify licences and everyone pitched a fit).

Would it have been a good thing to keep it you reckon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For games that you buy digitally? Yeah, for sure. Same as the My Home Xbox game sharing now, but on steroids.

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey can someone tell me is there a way to have your Xbox Region to UK (so it picks up Kinect voice commands) but the currency still set to euros?

At the minute all transactions are showing in pounds.

Voice commands work if console set to Ireland for months now. Go to Settings>System switch region to Ireland and an option will pop up to the right of Ireland for you to choose what language to enable voice commands in, set to English (U.S) or English (U.K) and restart, and you'll now have Irish store and voice commands.

It would have been incredible.

• Advertisement

True, but I buy my games from the US marketplace. theres no advantage to setting the console to UK that I can see.

Ah sorry, thought you had it set to Irish store for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It would have been incredible.

I don't know.

Look at all the massively funded online debacles over the last few months. From Civilisation on the PC to BF4, Halo MCC.

You confident that those authentication systems would be up and running 100% of the time? Or that 15 million people turning on their X1's on Christmas morning wouldn't crash it?

quad_red wrote: »
    I don't know.

Look at all the massively funded online debacles over the last few months. From Civilisation on the PC to BF4, Halo MCC.

You confident that those authentication systems would be up and running 100% of the time? Or that 15 million people turning on their X1's on Christmas morning wouldn't crash it?

the examples you list first are a symptom of something that's wrong with the games industry as a whole now, where "ship now, patch later" is becoming the norm.

The second point is no different to how xbox live and psn work now. Sure, there will be interruptions, outages, but thats life in the digital age.

the examples you list first are a symptom of something that's wrong with the games industry as a whole now, where "ship now, patch later" is becoming the norm.

The second point is no different to how xbox live and psn work now. Sure, there will be interruptions, outages, but thats life in the digital age.

Yeah. But in the digital nirvana being mooted by Donny Mattress, if those servers go down you're not going to be playing *any* of the games you've paid for.

Doesn't matter if you have the disc in the drive, without online authentication you is busted.

Yeah. But in the digital nirvana being mooted by Donny Mattress, if those servers go down you're not going to be playing *any* of the games you've paid for.

Doesn't matter if you have the disc in the drive, without online authentication you is busted.

Are we talking about the proposed online required for digital games before it got scrapped thing?

It was a required check once every 24 hours, so if the servers went down, they'd be well back up before 24 hours had even passed!

Do you use game sharing at the moment? if you do, try disconnecting from the internet and try playing a shared game.

Their argument at the time was that the disc was merely a data delivery system - i.e. everything was installed to the hard drive and it acted as if it was a digital download then. So you could pass aroudn the disc to your friends, and install without everyone having to use up 40 GB of bandwidth.

It was a flawed system, but the reality is, we'll never know now what the full ins and outs of it were going to be. It got shot down in flames so fast, and drowned in clever jibes by sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

This.

Do you use game sharing at the moment? if you do, try disconnecting from the internet and try playing a shared game.

Their argument at the time was that the disc was merely a data delivery system - i.e. everything was installed to the hard drive and it acted as if it was a digital download then. So you could pass aroudn the disc to your friends, and install without everyone having to use up 40 GB of bandwidth.

It was a flawed system, but the reality is, we'll never know now what the full ins and outs of it were going to be. It got shot down in flames so fast, and drowned in clever jibes by sony.

I may have been a little bit disingenuous. I just remember Mattrick being genuinely unable to explain it clearly.

I didn't even realize game sharing was possible?!? Do you mean old school disc swapping or actually giving temporary access to a game to a friend?

Are we talking about the proposed online required for digital games before it got scrapped thing?

It was a required check once every 24 hours, so if the servers went down, they'd be well back up before 24 hours had even passed!

Well you hope!

And just last year went to a house in Cornwall with friends from college. Brought a PS3 along for rock band and for the kids.

No net access there for 10 days. So in that scenario no games for ten days?

My folks in laws place is in rural Ireland with 3mb per sec broadband. Christmas 2011 it was down for a few days over christmas.

I know a guy who works on oil rigs who is an avid gamer. Ain't no Xbox live access in the mid pacific :)

Those are scenarios without any outages on the MS side. I don't like the sound of a system where I can only play/view content I own by continually checking in with the distributor.

Call me a Luddite :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

You're a Luddite.

(sorry couldn't resist)

Well you hope!

And just last year went to a house in Cornwall with friends from college. Brought a PS3 along for rock band and for the kids.

No net access there for 10 days. So in that scenario no games for ten days?

My folks in laws place is in rural Ireland with 3mb per sec broadband. Christmas 2011 it was down for a few days over christmas.

I know a guy who works on oil rigs who is an avid gamer. Ain't no Xbox live access in the mid pacific :)

Those are scenarios without any outages on the MS side. I don't like the sound of a system where I can only play/view content I own by continually checking in with the distributor.

Call me a Luddite :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement