Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hoping someone can help me out.

I'm on Vodafone and had my Xbox one set up wirelessly to the router, managed to get an open Nat.

Now I'm trying a wired connection using homeplugs but my Nat is strict.

Would anyone have any advice on how to get an open Nat again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

emmetkenny wrote: »

I'm on Vodafone and had my Xbox one set up wirelessly to the router, managed to get an open Nat.

I'd imagine his is the correct page for your query.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057089061

It's probably a case of port forwarding but ask in that forum for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

madcabbage wrote: »
    It's probably a case of port forwarding but ask in that forum for advice.

Just to avoid any confusion, the NAT thrad & this thread are all in the same forum, the Xbox forum. I'm trying to understand why people get confused about this, & I'm wondering if it's because of how people actually browse boards, perhaps via the touch site/mobile app (maybe it's not as clear browsing that way?). The Xbox forum, is a forum that hosts many threads, not just the general discussion one:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ewhhhh WHITE version lol. Black ftw :)

dhM2MZI.png

Ah yes, the Black Mesa skin, good choice :D I do prefer the look of the one you're using, but I use a tv for my monitor & it's just easier to read the normal skin from a distance this way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

failsafe on here is your man. somewhat of a nat wrangling legend round these parts. say his name 3 times while looking in a mirror and he'll appear...

he has loads of posts in the nat thread. answers there a plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Failsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe

failsafe on here is your man. somewhat of a nat wrangling legend round these parts. say his name 3 times while looking in a mirror and he'll appear...

he has loads of posts in the nat thread. answers there a plenty

Thanks guys. Will send him a message on Xbox have him added as a friend.

Just make sure you say the right name in the mirror

Candyman.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have a vodefone router with open nat, is it one of the more recent ones?

Likely what happened is your IP address has changed with the wired connection , all you should have to do is check the IP address on the One and then change the nat on the router using that IP address.

Actually when I have time later Ill post a screen shot of it's settings in the NAT thread might be useful for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Not sure if this has been discussed before but what have people found is the best power solution for the gamepad?

A play/charge kit (official or third party?) or rechargeable batteries and a charger?

quad_red wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been discussed before but what have people found is the best power solution for the gamepad?

A play/charge kit (official or third party?) or rechargeable batteries and a charger?

I got an energizer aa charger and 4 batteries for about 16 euros I think it was an impulse buy at the tills in woodies or someplace like that, does the job grand and I can always use the batteries in other things that need the,

pretty much exactly this
    f6e3721b2e4b6063a65640d2d1ee320a.jpg

Approx how long do you get out of a charge, Stone Deaf?

Approx how long do you get out of a charge, Stone Deaf?

I'm probably not the best barometer as I generally dont get a chance to play long sessions, I also play a lot of fps games and tend to turn of the rumble for them which probably prolongs the life somewhat,

but I'd expect to get about 10 to 14 hours out of them - I'm probably being overly conservative on that though.

to put it in perspective,

I put freshly charged ones in on saturday evening, and played for about 5 hours ( a rare occasion these days), then 2 hours yesterday and the display on the xbox is showing over half remaining.

The batteries are over a year old now so they may be degraded a little from new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I use the official play and charge kit.

Delighted with it. Good long USB cable with it. Charges very quickly. Keeps a great charge. I have used it hard for a year now, still going strong.

I can't say it's the best method but I can just vouch for my experience with the PnC kit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I use a third party pnc kit, the battarys dont last that long but i always have the spare one ready. The cable is handy aswel to charge my phone :D

Could anybody reccomend a external drive that I could use with my Xbox one. Think I'll get the missus to pick me up one for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Could anybody reccomend a external drive that I could use with my Xbox one. Think I'll get the missus to pick me up one for Christmas.

I've reserved this for later in the week. according to hotdealsuk folks it's actually usb 3 ultra that you get. will see when I buy it and return if it's not as the xbox one requires usb 3.

This is the one that Eurogamer has tested and recommends:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-HDWC120EK3J1-Stor-E-Canvio-Desktop/dp/B009HXWTGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417435185&sr=8-1&keywords=2TB+Toshiba+Stor.e

I got an energizer aa charger and 4 batteries for about 16 euros I think it was an impulse buy at the tills in woodies or someplace like that, does the job grand and I can always use the batteries in other things that need the,

pretty much exactly this
    f6e3721b2e4b6063a65640d2d1ee320a.jpg

I've the same setup, except I've two sets of four batteries, two for the controller and two for my headset. Had them two years and still going strong.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    I've the same setup, except I've two sets of four batteries, two for the controller and two for my headset. Had them two years and still going strong.

Can you just plug this in and forget about it? It will stop charging automatically when the batteries are full?

Can you just plug this in and forget about it? It will stop charging automatically when the batteries are full?

mine definitely doesnt stop charging when they're full. normally i just turn it on when I'm going to bed and turn it off first thing in the morning.

You'll probably find it hard to do better than either of these 2TB drives for €77 from argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=482520

I got this one myself last week, fit and forget
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3E2TB+EXTERNAL+HARD+DRIVE.htm

I got the same one.

Nice and small portable drive that doesn't need a power adapter. Connect and ready to go.

I got the same one.

Nice and small portable drive that doesn't need a power adapter. Connect and ready to go.

I was surprised how small it was (thats what she said, bad dum tish:pac:)

I've a 500gb external from a few years back that coudl be used as a legitimate murder weapon. the seagate isn't too far off the size of an iphone 4.

Well what I generally do is swap the two sets regardless of which batteries are drained. Charge those bad boys till the charged ones Ive just put into the controller and headset go again. Usually get about two solid days of gaming from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Seems to depend on the one you buy, mine has a led illuminated when charging and it goes out when full and stops charging. Great job.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Seems to depend on the one you buy, mine has a led illuminated when charging and it goes out when full and stops charging. Great job.

Which one do you have?

I was surprised how small it was (thats what she said, bad dum tish:pac:)

I've a 500gb external from a few years back that coudl be used as a legitimate murder weapon. the seagate isn't too far off the size of an iphone 4.

Yep, nice and small.

3tr8w.jpg

• Advertisement

Would the first one work considering it only has USB 2.0 ? The Seagate looks nice and tidy in photo posted below !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement