Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

failsafe on here is your man. somewhat of a nat wrangling legend round these parts. say his name 3 times while looking in a mirror and he'll appear...

he has loads of posts in the nat thread. answers there a plenty

Sorry, I was on the go a lot yesterday so I didn't get a chance to act on the usual signal :D

I see all was sorted so thats good.

sw2qls.jpg

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would the first one work considering it only has USB 2.0 ? The Seagate looks nice and tidy in photo posted below !!
    2.0 won't work with the Xbox One.

The hard drive must be 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

quad_red wrote: »
    Which one do you have?

I couldn't find a match for mine online, nine is a few years old right enough.

It's similar to this one though, basic but stops charging itself and does both AA and AAA batteries.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002FKRHUO/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1417441680&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would the first one work considering it only has USB 2.0 ? The Seagate looks nice and tidy in photo posted below !!

well spotted, I didnt realise it was only usb 2.0!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got my xmas present early this year.

I guess I proved once more that I am Sony Fanboy! :pac:

And yes, I still got my PS4, but not Wii U anymore.

DSC_0152_zps0ufu61en.jpg

The only issue is that I got two ****ty games with it, but at 399eu I could not say No to this bundle. I need to find a place where I can get cheap Forza 5 and Horizon 2. The issue number 2: where could I get cheap xbox live sub, preferably 3 month code. I already spent enough this week and unfortunately gamestop has xbox live sub for 3 months at 25eu...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

DSC_0152_zps0ufu61en.jpg

The only issue is that I got two ****ty games with it, but at 399eu I could not say No to this bundle. I need to find a place where I can get cheap Forza 5 and Horizon 2. The issue number 2: where could I get cheap xbox live sub, preferably 3 month code. I already spent enough this week and unfortunately gamestop has xbox live sub for 3 months at 25eu...

Destiny is great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Xbox One crushes the competition, made up most of Black Friday console sales

Shadowhearth - Forza 5 digital code is €28 on cdkeys.com

maximoose wrote: »
    Xbox One crushes the competition, made up most of Black Friday console sales

Shadowhearth - Forza 5 digital code is €28 on cdkeys.com

Talking about digital Cd keys on xbox. Are they region locked? I see subscription on G2a for only 14eu for 3 months. Will it work with Irish accounts? I know that Sony stuff is very strictly region locked when it comes to this.

https://www.g2a.com/xbox-live-3-months.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Talking about digital Cd keys on xbox. Are they region locked? I see subscription on G2a for only 14eu for 3 months. Will it work with Irish accounts? I know that Sony stuff is very strictly region locked when it comes to this.

cdkeys do 12/13 months for 31 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

DSC_0152_zps0ufu61en.jpg

You can some short subs here for cheap enough

http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/xbox-one-downloads/

You can get a 3 month here for 15 euro

https://www.cdkeys.com/

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    cdkeys do 12/13 months for 31 euro

Feck it, bought it for a year. Thanks. Now I wonder if I get my old account or make a fresh gamer tag for xbox one... I dont even remember my xbox live account at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

You can get both Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag digital downloads from here for 40 dollars in total, about 33 euros, absolute bargain!

no, not region locked at all. If you're quick, forza is on sale on the marketplace until midnight tonight, and you should look at titanfall & all its DLC for €12.50 - at that price a must have for any xbox owner.

tony1980 wrote: »
    You can get both Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag digital downloads from here for 40 dollars in total, about 33 euros, absolute bargain!

The only reason I bought Xbox one is Forza Series. If not my friends kid, who wanted me to earn him a few credits on Forza 4, while I was there yesterday, I would not be sitting here next to xbox one lol. It just brought me so many memories lol. HAD TO GET IT so I could play Forza 5 and Horizon!

Well, got my dinner. Xbox live 12 months sorted, time to go upstairs and hook this fecker up.

Well, got my dinner. Xbox live 12 months sorted, time to go upstairs and hook this fecker up.

If you've played forza before, be sure to log onto the forza website, you'll get a bonus amount of in game credits for playing the previous games. I cant remember how many, but Its certainly worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

The only reason I bought Xbox one is Forza Series. If not my friends kid, who wanted me to earn him a few credits on Forza 4, while I was there yesterday, I would not be sitting here next to xbox one lol. It just brought me so many memories lol. HAD TO GET IT so I could play Forza 5 and Horizon!

Forza Horizon 2 is currently €42.99 in Argos
    and
    Forza 5 is €28.75 on cdkeys.com

or check eBay you might get it a bit cheaper.

I also got an Xbox One last month and am absolutely loving FH2 & F5

If you've played forza before, be sure to log onto the forza website, you'll get a bonus amount of in game credits for playing the previous games. I cant remember how many, but Its certainly worth doing.

No way I am getting free credits. Earning credits and saving up for cars is part of enjoyment in sim/ish driving games.

I just hooked up the bastard and I just had such lols. I heard it's massive, but Wtf?!?! And power brick is external too. Wtf Ms!
    It is heavy too. I carry my ps4 from bedroom to livingroom, but xbox one might be anchored in my bedroom for good lol.

I know forza 5 is cheap on those websites, but it is stand alone version? Anywhere I could get goty edition? As all dlc will cost a stupid fortune and I think I heard that dodge charger is a dlc Ffs.

Forza Horizon 2 is currently €42.99 in Argos
    and
    Forza 5 is €28.75 on cdkeys.com

or check eBay you might get it a bit cheaper.

I also got an Xbox One last month and am absolutely loving FH2 & F5

Nice price for horizon! I got 5eu off voucher as I got dragon age for ps4 last week. Now I need excuse to get to cork...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Theres actually a dedicated forza hub app on the one you can do that from, been logging in once a month for the free credits in the event I eventually pick it up :)

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Theres actually a dedicated forza hub app on the one you can do that from, been logging in once a month for the free credits in the event I eventually pick it up :)

I have that. some good videos on there.

If anyone hasnt seen It I highly recommend looking up the video called "buy my volvo" on youtube. Its hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

DSC_0152_zps0ufu61en.jpg

Welcome to xbox one shadow your in for a treat...

Are ya mad gettingbrid of wii u though? I would have sold the ps4 a mile before I sold the wii u...

DSC_0152_zps0ufu61en.jpg

I am glad to see another PS4 player has finally seen the light.

Welcome brother Shadow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

No way I am getting free credits. Earning credits and saving up for cars is part of enjoyment in sim/ish driving games.

I just hooked up the bastard and I just had such lols. I heard it's massive, but Wtf?!?! And power brick is external too. Wtf Ms!
    It is heavy too. I carry my ps4 from bedroom to livingroom, but xbox one might be anchored in my bedroom for good lol.

I know forza 5 is cheap on those websites, but it is stand alone version? Anywhere I could get goty edition? As all dlc will cost a stupid fortune and I think I heard that dodge charger is a dlc Ffs.

The GOTY edition only comes with the Top Gear car pack and I've read that a lot of people who bought one of the XB1 bundles in Game which included the GOTY only got the standard edition and no extra DLC.

I am glad to see another PS4 player has finally seen the light.

Welcome brother Shadow ;)

Not really lol. I got xbox one for forza games and due to few friends who play on xbox one. Multiplatforms still go same priority way Pc > ps4 > xbox one. Or when it comes to consoles it's going to be which ever cheaper. It's not really about seeing the light, it's about me always getting all gaming tech out there and being a forza fanboy lol.

So my cc got a pounding today... Got that 12 months live 30eu, forza 5 goty 35eu and titanfall deluxe for 12eu.

I got enough to play for ages between ps4 and xbox one. I could not care less about destiny, but my house buddy is bungie fanboy, so I'll keep it for him. Halo collection is something I don't mind giving a shot at and from what I understand it's a good crack on couch Co op.

So far the menus on xbox one just piss me off. The whole control method is just stupid. I might get second hand kinect when the lads have it in gamestop again for 50eu. Maybe it will make Ui less retarded.

Welcome to xbox one shadow your in for a treat...

Are ya mad gettingbrid of wii u though? I would have sold the ps4 a mile before I sold the wii u...

Wii u wasted on me. Don't understand me wrong, I still love it and I will be getting it again down the line, But right now I xbox one, ps4 and pc have more value for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hi lads im not sure if this is the right place but here goes,

My brother deleted a digital copy of fifa from his xbox one by mistake....he says, now he says he looked on other forums and taught he could reinstall it from the store, but it only gives him the option of pinning it to home, am i right in thinking its done for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

My brother deleted a digital copy of fifa from his xbox one by mistake....he says, now he says he looked on other forums and taught he could reinstall it from the store, but it only gives him the option of pinning it to home, am i right in thinking its done for now

Has he tried installing with the code again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

He should be able to just go to the store and redownload it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Go into my games and apps, then games and scroll over to the right . The game should be there to redownload

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement