Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nolimits wrote: »
    He should be able to just go to the store and redownload it :confused:

I thought that to, but it doesnt give the option to redownload, just pin it to the home screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I thought that to, but it doesnt give the option to redownload, just pin it to the home screen

Try pin it to home and then try and launch it and see if it will prompt to download maybe?

calex71 wrote: »
    Try pin it to home and then try and launch it and see if it will prompt to download maybe?

Tried that to, just brought up the store, i reckon its done for, that'll teach him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Are ya mad gettingbrid of wii u though? I would have sold the ps4 a mile before I sold the wii u...

didn't you get rid of your Wii u?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Tried that to, just brought up the store, i reckon its done for, that'll teach him

Not trying to be smart or anything but are looking at the correct game? FIFA 14/FIFA 15?

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart or anything but are looking at the correct game? FIFA 14/FIFA 15?

Ah here now ;), i know which fifa is which, ive played them since the mid 90's, Fifa 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

No,not at all. He's entitled to delete the game and redownload it. See if there is more than one version on the store, sometimes for some reason there are multiple versions. If all else fails contact support.

I repeat, he owns the game, there should be nothing stopping him from redownloading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ah here now ;), i know which fifa is which, ive played them since the mid 90's, Fifa 15

do what i told you

do what i told you

I did and its not there, told him he can ring support tomorrow and sort it.

Go into my games and apps, then games and scroll over to the right . The game should be there to redownload

Do this as the man said! Did you get a paper slip with the code to scan?

• Advertisement

Do this as the man said! Did you get a paper slip with the code to scan?

Yeah he got a code with the console to download the game, he says he'll get in touch with support in the morning.

thanks lads for all your help, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I did and its not there, told him he can ring support tomorrow and sort it.

When you go to the right of Games & Apps I've found that deleted games sometimes don't show up for a while but it should show up if you give it a minute or two.

I think i know what hes done, i think the clown deleted everything about the game instead of leaving it in the ready to install pile off to the right of his installed games and thats why i cant find it.

Another obvious thing perhaps but worth checking all the same I guess, you're signed in with the account that originally bought / downloaded the game right :confused:

Even if everything was deleted , going to the game in the store won't let you buy it again it will have 'download' instead of a price on it.

Another obvious thing perhaps but worth checking all the same I guess, you're signed in with the account that originally bought / downloaded the game right :confused:

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think i know what hes done, i think the clown deleted everything about the game instead of leaving it in the ready to install pile off to the right of his installed games and thats why i cant find it.

Once the code has been redeemed it will always show up in the Ready to install column of the 'My Games & Apps' section.

As someone mentioned go there and scroll right. Within a minute or 2 a ready to install list is generates, this is where the game should appear.

If it's still not here he may have redeemed the game on someone else's profile and in doing so tagged the purchase to the wrong user.

Maybe the code was unsuccessful, he should try re-entering it.

* maybe a reset, holding the power button down for 7 seconds until it powers down and recheck the content.

Once the code has been redeemed it will always show up in the Ready to install column of the 'My Games & Apps' section.

As someone mentioned go there and scroll right. Within a minute or 2 a ready to install list is generates, this is where the game should appear.

If it's still not here he may have redeemed the game on someone else's profile and in doing so tagged the purchase to the wrong user.

Maybe the code was unsuccessful, he should try re-entering it.

* maybe a reset, holding the power button down for 7 seconds until it powers down and recheck the content.

I tried all the suggestions posted, most before which is why i came on here and some after, and the only thing i can think off looking at my own games is, he deleted all his saved data along with the game, would that be why he cant reinstall it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I tried all the suggestions posted, most before which is why i came on here and some after, and the only thing i can think off looking at my own games is, he deleted all his saved data along with the game, would that be why he cant reinstall it.

Try doing it from Xbox.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, does xbox one still installs and downloads stuff while you playing away? Forza is barely playable, but I though it would work away while I play, but it's slow as ****.
    I set xbox one for fast start up, so it should download and install games while it's "off"? Or it has to be on for that?

Guys, does xbox one still installs and downloads stuff while you playing away? Forza is barely playable, but I though it would work away while I play, but it's slow as ****.
    I set xbox one for fast start up, so it should download and install games while it's "off"? Or it has to be on for that?

You will find that under settings on the console. It's more practical to set it to that for updates otherwise you'll have to manually download updates and install games after you power on. Quicker too that way.

• Advertisement

You will find that under settings on the console. It's more practical to set it to that for updates otherwise you'll have to manually download updates and install games after you power on. Quicker too that way.

Which setting you talking about m8? I already set it on to ON mode, when I am shuting it down. Though it says that white xbox logo should be on the console, but it's not. It does start up instantly though. I fired it up for a bit and Forza was still on 60% installing. There is a setting to shut down hard drive when in off mode, do I set it to not shut it down?

Which setting you talking about m8? I already set it on to ON mode, when I am shuting it down. Though it says that white xbox logo should be on the console, but it's not. It does start up instantly though. I fired it up for a bit and Forza was still on 60% installing. There is a setting to shut down hard drive when in off mode, do I set it to not shut it down?

Settings->Power & Startup->Instant On. I'd imagine you need to untick 'When Xbox is off, turn off storage' for installs, downloads and updates to work in sleep mode. When you press the power button once to turn off, are you getting a green startup screen when you boot back up?

No don't do that.when the console is off and on instant on mode the xbox logo doesn't stay lit. The light on the power brick will be white and it will download the game while in sleep mode. Is forza a digital copy or disc?If it's disc you don't turn off the console while it's installing. Either way the game is like 40+ gb and theres probably a heap of updates to download as well.. Even at that the MS servers could be slow with the amount of people downloading the games that were on sale.

Settings->Power & Startup->Instant On. I'd imagine you need to untick 'When Xbox is off, turn off storage' for installs, downloads and updates to work in sleep mode. When you press the power button once to turn off, are you getting a green startup screen when you boot back up?

Well I just unticked it, so I'll see tomorrow after work if it will have everything downloaded.
    When I turn it back on it does go to to green screen says hello to me and goes in to dashboard. Pretty much instant.

Well I just unticked it, so I'll see tomorrow after work if it will have everything downloaded.
    When I turn it back on it does go to to green screen says hello to me and goes in to dashboard. Pretty much instant.

I have all the first 3 things ticked out of the 4 on Instant On mode so i doubt thats an issue.

I have all the first 3 things ticked out of the 4 on Instant On mode so i doubt thats an issue.

Those the box regarding storage when console is off affect the console being able to download updates while in sleep mode? I used to have it on but the bloody console would wake me at night If an update came on!!

Those the box regarding storage when console is off affect the console being able to download updates while in sleep mode? I used to have it on but the bloody console would wake me at night If an update came on!!

Is that what it does.ha I always unplug the console when im going to bed because that happened to me a few months back.Scared the sh1te out of me:pac:

Well feck it, I'll keep everything default and see tomorrow.

All on all I had fun today with new xblender. :pac:

I still hate UI, it's horrible, over bloated, confusing and just generally done to have a lot of annoying stuff that you don't need. I won't be surprised to see some sort of non game ads on it soon too.
    The shop is horrible too. I prefer stupidly simple and idiot profe ps4 Ui and shop. Simple and elegant.
    Controller felt very cheap in my hands right of the bat. R1 and L1 are ratling and for some reason really hard to push. The vibrating feels weird and makes some weird sounds. Not a fan of it at all. Saying all this it felt great when playing, I could not complain at all with accuracy. The "start" button feels way too small. So in the end, which controller I prefer? Well, I could not give a ****, I would not mind playing with any of them both do job well. In a way I would actually even prefer wii u tablet controller over both as that touch screen really made me spoiled.
    Played forza and destiny today. Destiny was grand as shooters go, but I can already see it becoming very boring very fast, I played enough mmorpgs to see where it is going.
    Forza on the other hand is just fantastic. Well almost fantastic. Sell you a goty edition, which does not include any car packs... MS just pulled another stunt, I needed to read a fine print...
    Other then that forza is just great. Feels, looks and plays like proper forza game. Dravatar is just brilliant. Not brilliant as super awesome Ai, but brilliant in a way that you feel that you play with mortals and not perfect line fallowing bots. Some of the Dravators are such assholes, I love it!

All in all I am happy with this bloody brick lol. There are few friends that play on xbox one, so that already earns a few points. Then it has forza too. So all good lol.

Well feck it, I'll keep everything default and see tomorrow.

All on all I had fun today with new xblender. :pac:

I still hate UI, it's horrible, over bloated, confusing and just generally done to have a lot of annoying stuff that you don't need. I won't be surprised to see some sort of non game ads on it soon too.
    The shop is horrible too. I prefer stupidly simple and idiot profe ps4 Ui and shop. Simple and elegant.
    Controller felt very cheap in my hands right of the bat. R1 and L1 are ratling and for some reason really hard to push. The vibrating feels weird and makes some weird sounds. Not a fan of it at all. Saying all this it felt great when playing, I could not complain at all with accuracy. The "start" button feels way too small. So in the end, which controller I prefer? Well, I could not give a ****, I would not mind playing with any of them both do job well. In a way I would actually even prefer wii u tablet controller over both as that touch screen really made me spoiled.
    Played forza and destiny today. Destiny was grand as shooters go, but I can already see it becoming very boring very fast, I played enough mmorpgs to see where it is going.
    Forza on the other hand is just fantastic. Well almost fantastic. Sell you a goty edition, which does not include any car packs... MS just pulled another stunt, I needed to read a fine print...
    Other then that forza is just great. Feels, looks and plays like proper forza game. Dravatar is just brilliant. Not brilliant as super awesome Ai, but brilliant in a way that you feel that you play with mortals and not perfect line fallowing bots. Some of the Dravators are such assholes, I love it!

All in all I am happy with this bloody brick lol. There are few friends that play on xbox one, so that already earns a few points. Then it has forza too. So all good lol.

We call those RT and LT round these parts noob :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

We call those RT and LT round these parts noob :cool:

Are you sure you don't mean RB and LB?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement