Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Haha no way. Welcome to Xbox FINALLY Shadow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well feck it, I'll keep everything default and see tomorrow.

All on all I had fun today with new xblender. :pac:

I still hate UI, it's horrible, over bloated, confusing and just generally done to have a lot of annoying stuff that you don't need. I won't be surprised to see some sort of non game ads on it soon too.
    The shop is horrible too. I prefer stupidly simple and idiot profe ps4 Ui and shop. Simple and elegant.
    Controller felt very cheap in my hands right of the bat. R1 and L1 are ratling and for some reason really hard to push. The vibrating feels weird and makes some weird sounds. Not a fan of it at all. Saying all this it felt great when playing, I could not complain at all with accuracy. The "start" button feels way too small. So in the end, which controller I prefer? Well, I could not give a ****, I would not mind playing with any of them both do job well. In a way I would actually even prefer wii u tablet controller over both as that touch screen really made me spoiled.
    Played forza and destiny today. Destiny was grand as shooters go, but I can already see it becoming very boring very fast, I played enough mmorpgs to see where it is going.
    Forza on the other hand is just fantastic. Well almost fantastic. Sell you a goty edition, which does not include any car packs... MS just pulled another stunt, I needed to read a fine print...
    Other then that forza is just great. Feels, looks and plays like proper forza game. Dravatar is just brilliant. Not brilliant as super awesome Ai, but brilliant in a way that you feel that you play with mortals and not perfect line fallowing bots. Some of the Dravators are such assholes, I love it!

All in all I am happy with this bloody brick lol. There are few friends that play on xbox one, so that already earns a few points. Then it has forza too. So all good lol.

There is definitely a learning curve for first time users. It will take a little while to get used to it.

I think it's a real testament to how great the Xbox One is right now that you have made the purchase.

Someone who owns both a gaming PC and PS4 and is still unsatisfied that they go out and get an Xbox One is a great sign indeed.

It mirrors a lot of gamers I know who are doing the same. They are downing their PC's and PS4's and joining the XB1 community in droves. Sales are off the chart :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The xbone ui was designed more towards use with the kinect but I think I saw an IGN video saying that Microsoft were working on making improvements to it for everyone. I think a similar ui to the old 360 one where it was like individual kind of curved tiles with the different sections on it that slide over one another would be good, that way with kinect you could grab the side of one of them and drag it over

This one, but obviously make if a lot more presentable for current gen

maxresdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like there's a new UI coming in January/February, but it's not going to move away from tiles. It's part of making Universal Apps for Windows/Phone/Xbox. It'll probably be announced at the Consumer Windows 10 event in late January, with a preview release in February.

This ties in with what we've heard about the next preview dashboard, as they've said there won't be any consumer facing changes until February.

The tiles wont be going anywhere though. Considering that Apple and now Google have adopted the "flat" look popularised by Windows Phone, I'd be very surprised if the Xbox One OS changed much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There is definitely a learning curve for first time users. It will take a little while to get used to it.

I think it's a real testament to how great the Xbox One is right now that you have made the purchase.

Someone who owns both a gaming PC and PS4 and is still unsatisfied that they go out and get an Xbox One is a great sign indeed.

It mirrors a lot of gamers I know who are doing the same. They are downing their PC's and PS4's and joining the XB1 community in droves. Sales are off the chart :)

Well, I don't really know if you can put me in to that "unsatisfied" bracket... I said from ages ago that I will have both it will be just the matter of time and my money. I tend to get all consoles anyway as I am gaming hardware junky.
    I have plenty to play on ps4 and pc, and I got xbox not because I have feck all to play. It was combination of me trying to move one wii u while it still has some value and me having a few spare quid to get myself xmas present. So I got xbox one. The only reasons I got it is forza and few of my friends who play on xbox one. All my other games will be bought on ps4 when it comes to consoles or just who ever does it cheaper.
    After using xbox one for a day I can say again that ps4 is just better machine. Just this time I can say it as an owner of both as I know some people will have always issues with opinions of those who do research about stuff first, then just blindly buying it themselves and being experimental monkeys.
    I don't know about sales figures right now as those will be clearly fecked up due to American black Friday deals and ms knew they need to low ball it to get people to buy xboxes. All I know that local gamestop will sell 10 ps4 and 1 xbox if lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, I don't really know if you can put me in to that "unsatisfied" bracket... I said from ages ago that I will have both it will be just the matter of time and my money. I tend to get all consoles anyway as I am gaming hardware junky.
    I have plenty to play on ps4 and pc, and I got xbox not because I have feck all to play. It was combination of me trying to move one wii u while it still has some value and me having a few spare quid to get myself xmas present. So I got xbox one. The only reasons I got it is forza and few of my friends who play on xbox one. All my other games will be bought on ps4 when it comes to consoles or just who ever does it cheaper.
    After using xbox one for a day I can say again that ps4 is just better machine. Just this time I can say it as an owner of both as I know some people will have always issues with opinions of those who do research about stuff first, then just blindly buying it themselves and being experimental monkeys.
    I don't know about sales figures right now as those will be clearly fecked up due to American black Friday deals and ms knew they need to low ball it to get people to buy xboxes. All I know that local gamestop will sell 10 ps4 and 1 xbox if lucky.

MOD NOTE: Just so you know, PS4 vs Xbox conversations aren't allowed here, as it inevitably spirals the thread into a total disaster.

Can everyone move the conversation back onto safer ground please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

CatInABox wrote: »
    Looks like there's a new UI coming in January/February, but it's not going to move away from tiles. It's part of making Universal Apps for Windows/Phone/Xbox. It'll probably be announced at the Consumer Windows 10 event in late January, with a preview release in February.

This ties in with what we've heard about the next preview dashboard, as they've said there won't be any consumer facing changes until February.

The tiles wont be going anywhere though. Considering that Apple and now Google have adopted the "flat" look popularised by Windows Phone, I'd be very surprised if the Xbox One OS changed much at all.

So that style of windows 8 is here to stay too? Fuk sake...welp, guess I always wanted a Mac anyway

So that style of windows 8 is here to stay too? Fuk sake...welp, guess I always wanted a Mac anyway

Well, yes and no.

Windows 10 preview has been out for a while, and it includes a Start Menu like Windows 7. It's also customisable with tiles.

So far anyway, it's been welcomed as a return to form for Windows.

Anyway, how it all relates to Xbox is something we'll find out in Jan.

I tried all the suggestions posted, most before which is why i came on here and some after, and the only thing i can think off looking at my own games is, he deleted all his saved data along with the game, would that be why he cant reinstall it.

Hi Rock, sorry for not seeing any of this until today, here's another suggestion. It's possible that he not only deleted the game, but "hid" the entry in ready to install.
    Hide Games and Apps on your console – You can now hide items in the “Ready to install” list under My Games and Apps. This is a per-console setting and items will reappear in the list if they are installed again from the Xbox Store. To access the shortcut to temporarily show “hidden” items, press X while holding down both triggers and it will show all hidden items until you exit My Games and Apps.

The fact that you've tried to reinstall from the store and it didn't work is unusual.

Perhaps try this as well:

Go to the FIFA 14 page on xbox.com here. Make sure you are on the Irish one down the bottom left of the page.

If FIFA 14 is owned by the account, it should say "Already Purchased"

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Would it be possible your friend redeemed Fifa under a different gamertag originall.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Just so you know, PS4 vs Xbox conversations aren't allowed here, as it inevitably spirals the thread into a total disaster.

Can everyone move the conversation back onto safer ground please.

Sorry, I just wanted to clear up the things. I can't wait to get back home and play some forza 5. I made a copy on my scooby in it and I want to take it for a shhhhpin :D.

Lads, just a quick one. How can I export screenshots from forza 5?

Lads, just a quick one. How can I export screenshots from forza 5?

If that doesn't work, wait until sometime in 2015, and then download the Xbox One OS update, and then you'll be able to take screenshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can some one explain to me about game sharing please? I have fifa 15 and minecraft as digital games how can i share them with my friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can some one explain to me about game sharing please? I have fifa 15 and minecraft as digital games how can i share them with my friend?

You have to log in with you gamer tag at his house and he does the same at your place. You also need to make each other's gamer tag the home profile for your console (I.e His tag is your home profile). When you do that, you'll be able to download any of his content he has purchased. You might any to come to a mutual agreement though as you can purchase stuff with each other's credit cards if you've one added to your profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Has anyone actually done this gamertag sharing thing with a friend?

Any drawbacks/issues?

quad_red wrote: »

Any drawbacks/issues?

A few lads i know who live near each/ are related do it. No problems, they actually take turns buying games. Cuts down the cost. Like I said before, there's the issue of the other person having access to your credit/debit card for purchasing so you need to be careful there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any drawbacks/issues?

I do it with one of the lads on here, you'd be mad not to be doing it, the amount of money you save is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

madcabbage wrote: »
    A few lads i know who live near each/ are related do it. No problems, they actually take turns buying games. Cuts down the cost. Like I said before, there's the issue of the other person having access to your credit/debit card for purchasing so you need to be careful there.

you can lock down your account as well so that authentication is needed for the other person to make purchases (on your account).

its a great system. half price games for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Half price games and if bought on the US Store, then it only works out at about 24 euro each for a brand new game!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I do it with one of the lads on here, you'd be mad not to be doing it, the amount of money you save is unreal.

Thanks lads.

I wonder are there any issues with doing it when one console is set to US and the other is set to Ireland...

Thanks lads.

I wonder are there any issues with doing it when one console is set to US and the other is set to Ireland...

are both consoles in ireland?

mine is set to US for the store, but you can still share away fine.

are both consoles in ireland?

mine is set to US for the store, but you can still share away fine.

Yup. Mine is set to US store (but in Ireland), mates is set to Ireland and in Ireland.

Yup. Mine is set to US store (but in Ireland), mates is set to Ireland and in Ireland.

you shouldnt have any hassle. and I dont think you should have any hassle even if both consoles are in different countries.

Is there any risk to setting your store to US? I know you can only once every 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

3 months? Where are you getting that from?

maximoose wrote: »
    3 months? Where are you getting that from?

I'm fairly certain your restricted to how many times you can change your region settings. I'm open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm fairly certain your restricted to how many times you can change your region settings. I'm open to correction on that.

I think you mean changing the region on your account which is different. You can change the locale on your console as many times as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Thats a fake rumour. There are no limits, i change mine at least once a week.

• Advertisement

So if I wanted to purchase content on the US store I just change that setting? And can change back anytime? Or is there more to it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement